1. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

test-driving a luxury car

Discussion in 'Research' started by Tesoro, Nov 29, 2011.

In my story my mc works as the assistent of a quite eccentric guy who sees this luxury car in a magazine and tell her to arrange for him to test drive it on a race track. Now while I guess this is pretty difficult to obtain, how would one go about to do so, and is it even possible for someone to do it? Just so you know, this guy is a very well-known person, both in his profession as well as world-wide, therefor has a reputation to speak for him. Would the car manufacturer or a car salesman ever make this possible, even for a celebrity? He's got enough money to buy the car but he just wants to drive it for fun. I have no idea on how things work in this world, so if you could help me out it would be much appreciated.

2. SeverinR

SeverinR New Member

Probably best would be the test tracks of the auto makers, sign a waiver and show money to cover damages in worst case scenerio, and I bet they will rent the track out.

Race tracks might rent in limited cases.

Liability is the big hurdle.

I bet Jay Leno could get the use of a track, Paul Newman raced cars previously(not sure if he still does)
    It would be more likely for those that have a car back ground, and the higher ups know the guy won't go crazy pegging the speedometer before the first turn,
    killing himself or destroying the track and or car.

I'm thinking the car would probably have to be bought not loaned, unless they are seeking an endorsement.

3. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

theire are tracks where you can rent vehicles, i know in germany high powered bikes are common things for people to rent and take out on tracks. i also know some tracks have banned CBR 1000's from their tracked becuse, well yeah. i think lotus has soem track in Califonia where you can test drive a lotus

4. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributor Contributor

Ah, interesting, thank you guys! James Berkley: that was the kind of information i was looking for. thanks a lot. :))