Tags:
  1. Jacurutu

Jacurutu Senior Member

Test Thread

Discussion in 'Romance Forums' started by Jacurutu, Aug 14, 2017.

Blah blah test bladie blah

2. Jacurutu

Jacurutu Senior Member

This is Wrey in his Freman guise. :) In order to change the Forum Thread posts (not the chalk board) posts where we were previously talking) to Member Only, one has to be a moderator or admin of the forum proper, but that actually refers to something rather different. That function is how/why the Workshop is un-enter-able if you're logged out or not a member. The only forum in the main forum where we have that feature turned on for regular members to choose the option is in the Progress Journal area. The glitch that gave you access, @BayView, to a door into the ultra-top-secret world of the Military Forum was to do with an update for this widget that we had not done yet and was making it work funky with the software.

3. Jacurutu

Jacurutu Senior Member

I typed all that here instead, because the chalk board is limited to 255 characters. ;) Regardless, I did go through and change them all to Member Only, just in case.

Sidenote: When you initially created that thread, did you get the option to choose for Member Only?

4. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I'm pretty sure it was there, but I'm not positive - if I'd been paying attention closely enough to be sure it was there, I would have been alert enough to select it!

But I THINK I can do it. I can make another test thread to be sure, if you want.

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yeah, go ahead. If you have that option available in a thread-thread (not a chalkboard post) then that's something different I need to look into. If you do, under the area for entering the text of the opening post, it would look like this when you create a new thread in here:

Screen Shot 2017-08-14 at 6.42.09 PM.png

6. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

Nope - didn't see the option.

So that means they default to private?

7. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Yep. If nothing is chosen (as in the case of not having the option available) then the threads default to whatever setting the forum is set at as an overriding priority. For example, I've been checking the Recent Posts in the regular main forum, and these posts are not showing up. The issue that was brought to light with the Military Forum, those posts were showing up in the Recent Posts because of a glitch in communication between the widget and the main software.