Tags:
  1. The Piper

The Piper Contributor Contributor

"Testing" a Pen Name

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by The Piper, Apr 12, 2020.

Hi everyone!

So I have a collection of old, dust-gathering short horror stories that I'd like to consider bundling into one self-published edition on Amazon. I've been down the Amazon route before as many of you know but, I find that I'm leaning with a lot of my work towards using a pen name, and differentiating most of my stuff from this point forward from some that I've already published under my real name. Making sense so far?

Essentially, the shorts that I've got here are quite different to some of the stuff that I've already published, and I think it might be nice to try publishing them under this new pen name to experiment with how that plays out in comparison to using my real name - i.e. testing the waters with the new name before I approach any more serious projects with it (eg novels, potentially traditionally-published if I ever reach that stage). What are everybody's thoughts on this?

Also, a technical question on the same subject: if I was to publish this one under the pen name using the same account that I've already published under with my own name, will readers see my real name? I know Amazon will, but I don't want anybody publicly linking the two together. Anyone have any experience here?

Thanks so much as always,

Piper

2. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

I think it makes a lot of sense to use a pen name and I definitely would.

No one will see your name or other pen names you have.

The Piper likes this.