1. Saigo

Saigo New Member

Darklings?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Saigo, Apr 5, 2009.

So I found some older drawings of mine from 2007 and they sprouted an idea that I think would be really neat to write about. Tell me if you get the same vibe:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not looking for criticism on these drawings. I'm just giving you the visual that gave me the idea to write something. But I need a plot. Any ideas?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Why are you asking us? They are your drawings, and you will be doing the writing.

3. Saigo

Saigo New Member

Cause I have a general idea I just want to know what comes to others minds.

4. Nobody Important

Nobody Important New Member

What comes to my mind when looking at the drawings is like there is an evil/ancient race of humans that have been infused with dark creature things and the main hero is on a quest to destroy them or something like that. :)

Whatever plan you have for those drawings, it could make an interesting book. Go for it.

5. marina

marina Contributor Contributor

So that 1st picture...I'm seeing all of those rings on both creatures. Maybe they were once a man and his dog, captured and re-constructed into beasts for their master's bidding. They're controlled through the rings, or something. The 2nd pic is the master, a massive python who can morph into a humanoid...or the python's the helper of the humanoid, but then that might be a bit cliche.

Can you tell I read general fiction and little fantasy/sci fi? :p

6. Saigo

Saigo New Member

Both of those help to round out my plot idea. It's not that I lack the imagination to figure out the plot myself, but I feel that it's always good to get multiple views on the subject to see what other people get from it, then think of what you get from it, and try to find a medium that still pleases you. So thank you for the comments, and any more would be just as appreciated. :)

7. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

Do you know what's Animism? It is a philosophical and spiritual idea that there are souls not only in humans, but in animals, plants, rocks, etc. What I think when I see those drawings is that the spirits of animals and humans that were evil when living can return and 'attach' themselves to us like parasites, and there's an order or group of people who secretly fight them, purify them, etc. Hope it helps.

8. Saigo

Saigo New Member

This helps a lot too!! I like that one :) I'll definitely have some things to think about as I write the outline of this story out :)

9. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

Haha, glad it helped. :)
    If you want to, once you finish the story outline I can review it for you, or whatever you need just tell me.

10. Saigo

Saigo New Member

Thank you :) I'll be sure to look your name up once it's finished, but that may not be for a while because I currently have the mindset of finishing another story of mine first!:D

11. bullets4booze

bullets4booze New Member

First thing that comes to mind is an anime or video game plot.

12. Saigo

Saigo New Member

Lol well that doesn't really help me too much... :/ I was sort of looking for specifics, like not too specific but a little more specific then just what kind of plot, ya know? But thanks for taking the time to comment :D

13. architectus

architectus Banned

In the Amazon rain forest there lives an ancient God and his lizard cat. They have protected the people for centuries. Some even claim to have seen him flying in the trees, or his cat sprinting along the branches.

The evil god has been reborn. The ancient anaconda, who can shape shift into the grim reaper of the forest. He can control the spiky and deadly plants.

As people begin to disappear, the locals suspect the evil god has returned. Most are skeptical. They are just old wise tales. A little girl comes back beaten and cut up. She claims to have seen the evil.

The god doesn’t care to intervene because people no longer believe. He visits the girl in a vision and explains this. Can she convince enough people before it’s too late?

That is what I came up with without giving it any thought.