The 30 questions thread.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by w176, Mar 18, 2011.

1. DeNile

DeNile New Member

1. What is your name, and is there any thought/meaning behind it?
    My name is Lucillia. Miss Lucillia Sinclair if you wish to be specific. As for meaning, I believe I am named for my Great-Grandmother. Or my Great-Great-Grandmother. I can never be sure.

2. What is your favourite animal and why?
    My favourite animal is the Jay, the Blue Jay. It is my favourite shape to hold as well. Why? Because I enjoy their singing, a gorgeous sound that carries through the leaves as they flit from tree to tree. Their color is also fantastic, a blue not unlike the sky on a clear day.

3. Who is your favourite historical person?
    Queen Margaret the Second of my people. She was a lovely woman. She was the last ruler before the Great War, the last one in the times of peace. It was after she died that everything fell apart and became what it is now. It was then that the royal family died as well, for she never bore any children.

4. What is the most prominent aspect of your personality?
    I believe my nobility is my most prominent aspect. I will always do the right thing no matter what the cost to others. Which, as it turns out, is not the best thing, as it has caused many deaths in the past while. Poor villagers...

Thessa believes I am a push over though, saying I will do anything she tells me to. And while that is true to some degree I will stick by my head when it comes down to it. I need to know the truth, and if that means letting her push me around a little, so be it.

5. What kind of clothing do you wear and why?
    I wear dresses, lots and lots of flowing dresses. I prefer them to be simple instead of elegant. Flowing things with short sleeves, if they have any, and they should be lose enough to run in. Not too long either, halfway between ankle and knee will do. And they should be in light colors, soft pinks and pastel blues. But I do like some dark colors, my favourite being a rich green found only in the forests.
    I grew up wearing these things and grew to like them quite quickly. I am told to wear them as well, my Father believes woman are to wear dresses if not in the army. I wonder where he is, and what he would think if he saw me now!

6. What historical period is your favourite? Why?
    Historical? Probably the years before the war. I have only heard of tales sung by bards that depict them, but they seem lovely. A time without war and said to have great winged beasts who flew in the clouds and protected the people of the realm. Such glorious songs that are so beautiful they bring images in my mind and tears to my eyes!
    A world without war would be lovely, a world where everyone is at peace would be better. But alas, with the Nottacs fighting we will never be at peace. Blasted creatures should give up, I am quite confident the King would not hurt them.

7. Who is your favourite fictional character?
    Ah, fictional characters, a favourite past time of mine is reading, brings about worlds of fantasy and splendor. Do you not agree? Well, my personal favourite character is one Ayla Guild, from the Chronicles of Kessarat. She was said to be a powerful Gifted. Half Nottac and half human, born in a time of peace. In the tale she brings about the end of the Nytes, ridding the world of darkness. Lovely story, even though it is about a Gifted.

Those gifts are nothing but misfortune if you ask me. And that has nothing to do with me thank you very much. The Nottacs are filled with corruption from it. But I suppose that is getting off topic, hmm?

8. Have you ever committed a crime?
    I suppose I have if I am honest. I have left my responsibilities, lied to those in power, stolen that of which I should not, lied to my only friend and am probably leading her to her doom. To top that off I believe I am sort-of responsible for the deaths of my caretakers and the Greeves of that village.

Oh Thessa, I hope you forgive me for letting your people die. But you must understand, I have to find out what my dreams mean!

9. Have you ever done something you regret and/or embarrass you?
    Of course, hasn't everyone? Regrets mostly revolve around never saying goodbye to my mother or father, I have not a clue where either of them are anymore. And also the deaths I have no doubt caused.

Embarrassment includes a few unnamed incidents as a child and also Thessa. For some reason people perceive us as lovers, it's quite embarrassing to be asked if your favourite female, and only, friend is sleeping with you. I do wish I could sort that out, it's making me question my own feelings!

10. What is your greatest flaw?
    Ah, I was wondering when this question would come up. I do not see myself as perfect, far from it, so I must perceive a flaw, correct? Well, hmm, this is hard. Not because I have no flaws, but because I must find the greatest.

I would say my own accursed Gift, my incontrollable shapeshifting, but that has helped me many times, and my necklace does allow for much more control, if less power. So no, it is not that.

Ah yes! I know. My sacrificing. Yes, strange thing to perceive as a flaw, is it not? Well I do have good reason. It is with this sacrificing that I become selfish. Selfish beyond anything you can imagine. I will not sacrifice anything for my goal, and because of this I have caused many deaths. Thessa no doubt is starting to hate me for what I have done. And I am not helping that, locking up my hatred of want for this goal, the sadness at losing everyone I love. I cannot stop though, if I stop, people die. It is as simple as that.

11. Do you like yourself (despite eventual flaws mentioned above)?
    Yes. I would not be in such good spirits if I did not. I may have my flaws but so does everyone else. I do like myself. But... at the same time, I think it might be better if I didn't. At least then I would feel something more. But I do, but I don't. And I honestly cannot stand this anymore! If left alone, I think I might break into tears.

12. If you could change anything about yourself (physically or mentally) - would you?
    Yes, why not. Let's get a haircut and control over this gift, shall we?

13. If you were suddenly to become a superhero/villain, what would you nickname yourself and what would be your power(s)?
    I would be The Chameleon! With total control over shapeshifting and able to turn invisible. *giggles* I do so love letting my mind wander into such things.

14. Do you have any pets?
    No, Michael was allergic and now I am on the road. It's alright though, I have Thessa, not that she is a pet, no! She is a Greeve, half-Greeve, and... and... I'm going to stop talking now.

15. Are you vain?
    I don't think so. I like to look good, but I do think there are better things. My hair is frustrating beyond all belief though.

16. What colour is your hair and in what manner do you wear it?
    My hair is a very dark brown, Helena used to liken it to the bark of a pine tree, but silkier. I wear it to not quite to my waist, and really I wish to cut it shorter, but there is never enough time in the day.

17. Do you have any titles?
    Yes, Miss, but really it is more like Lady. I am the daughter of the Advisor to the King, making me the third most powerful person in the human kingdom. But now he as disappeared and I am wanted, to powerful or not, I have no time to give orders.
    Actually, now that I think about it, if the King died I would probably take over. He has no other family and considers my father a brother. And with my father nowhere to be found, hmm.... I do enjoy those crowns.

18. If you could delete any person and his/her doings out of history, whom would be the unlucky one?
    Can I delete the Nytes as a whole? They are essentially one person. All they have ever done is create misery and suffering with the world. And now they are killing people I love, I think they need to be destroyed.

19. What is your favourite colour? Why?
    Blue, a light, airy blue that colors the sky on the brightest days. It's lighter than my eyes but darker than my favourite dress. Why? Because blue makes me feel happy, it gives me hope in the day. It's a cheerful and calming color that makes everything feel alright.

20. Have you ever been close to death?
    I...do not know. If I had been there when Helena and Michael were killed, would I have been killed as well? Looking back, knowing of my dreams, I am not so sure. I do suppose the incident in the village is enough of a brush. Those Nytes probably would have killed Thessa and I. But... we were right there, they could have killed us. Why did they not?

21. Have you ever killed someone?
    No. Not directly. At least, I hope not directly.

22. What do you fear?
    The Nytes, losing Thessa, waking up one morning captured again. The man in my dreams trying to kill me. The war destroying the realm. Small spaces. Letting everyone around me die because I did not get to West Mountains fast enough. West Mountains themselves, home to the Nytes. Lots of things really.

23. One morning, you wake up only to discover you've been transformed into a gigantic insect! What do you feel, think, and do?
    This is nothing new, I will just change back. With or without my necklace I am capable of reverting forms. I revert automatically in my sleep.

24. You live in Tolkien's Middle-Earth. What kind of species are you and whose side are you on?
    Uh... human I guess? I do not know, I was never a fan of those Lord of the Rings books, found the descriptions too tedious.

25. You live in the STAR WARS universe! Do you prefer the dark or the light side of the force?
    Light side, and I would like a blue lightsaber please. Now, let us go kill some Sith and hack some droids. While we are at it, I think I would like a clone troop as well. I would dress them in pretty colors when they are off duty!

26. You are singing the lead of a musical. What is the name of the musical and what is it about?
    The musical is Wicked and I would like to be Elphaba. I am not ugly by any means, but I do love her character.

27. What would your dream-house look like?
    My dream house the one I own, a floating home with a gigantic closet. But anything will do as long as I have Thessa. ...I really do love her don't I? Oh my, this might be... problematic to say the least.

28. If you could make -one- fictional character become real, who would you choose?
    Ayla Guild! I would love to meet her and become friends with her. Or Mother Maybelle, she seems like a lovely Nanny for an orphanage.

29. What kind of books do you prefer?
    I prefer fictional books with strong female characters. I love seeing them win as well. But I do not like male leads, she can have a lover, but he cannot save her. Case closed.

30. Lastly; How do you think you will die?
    Probably by Nytes, or falling into a chasm. The possibilities are endless in the war.

2. NateSean

NateSean Senior Member

Drake Gallager. Drake is old English for dragon, but for all I know my parents could have had an obsession with Drake Bell. Funny how his music lasted to the 24th century, huh?

The shimmer falcon. It's actually a species of shark found on Colony Epsilon, but it's so cool the way it reflects sunlight to blind it's prey.

Frank Abagnale. When I was on the run from Draft Police I looked him up. It validated what I was doing somehow.

No one can tell me what to do or think. Or, well, they can certainly tell me whatever they want, but it's the rough equivalent of telling the Nile not to flood.

On Earth it was whatever I could get my hands on. When you're running from the Draft you don't get picky. On Epsilon, it's so damned hot that I wouldn't wear anything given the choice, but there are insects and animals there that love dangly bits. Not to mention the other colonists are kinda prudes about the whole nudity thing so...

Pick an era where kids weren't expected to pick up a gun or a sword to defend their country and that will be my favorite. Probably won't happen as long as humanity exists though, so don't hold your breath.

Duke Nukem from the late 20th century first person shooter. He makes no apologies about what he is and when he enters the room, you know he's in control. It's just going to take the rest of the occupants a bit of convincing to realize it.

Dodging the Draft Police. Stealing clothes, food, and whatever other things I needed to survive. Telling the judge where to stick the draft when they caught me. Yeah, those were pretty serious crimes. That's kinda why I was exiled.

During my initial examination at the City 5 Medical Center on Epsilon, I made kind of a geeky pass at this student doctor. While I was in my boxers no less. She put me in my place and I'm kinda in love with her for it.

My rugged good looks? Honestly, not a clue. I suppose it goes back to what my biggest strength is. I really don't let anyone tell me what's what, nor do I care what someone thinks of me.

Can't complain. I didn't get to inspect the other models before choosing this one, so I'm pretty much stuck with what I got.

12. If you could change anything about yourself (physically or mentally) - would you?

This kid, Raymond. I saved him when we arrived on Epsilon thinks the world of me. If there was something about me I would change, it's so that I could be whoever the hell he thinks I am.

13. If you were suddenly to become a superhero/villain, what would you nickname yourself and what would be your power(s)?

King Drake has a nice ring to it. I'd fart nuclear tornados or something.

Does Raymond count? I saved his life and now he mostly clings to me when he isn't playing chess with Simon.

15. Are you vain?

Nope. Drake. Checked my birth records, but I'm fairly certain I'm Drake.

Kind of a light brownish color. In the Epsilonian heat I've had to keep it to a crewcut. Any longer and it's like wearing a festering dead animal in the middle of a desert.

King Drake comes to mind. Not the title certain authority figures have for me, I'm sure.

18. If you could delete any person and his/her doings out of history, whom would be the unlucky one?

Whatever asshole started the First Draft, thus leading to my predicament which was called The Second Draft.

Not a colors person for some reason. Maybe that's a personality thing, but I just don't get drawn to one more than the other.

Oh, whenever you run from the police Death is running along side you. And the moment you pick up a sword to defend someone else, your blade may as well be locking with his lengthy scythe. The galaxy isn't so big that you can outrun him and frankly, I think he's got a running bet with God and the Devil as to how long I'll last.

Yes. I don't feel the need to justify it by saying I had no choice. Because the choice was quite simple, Let some tweaked out punk kill a kid, or kill the punk. Years from now I'm sure Raymond will have been the right choice.

22. What do you fear?

Someone else choosing for me. Or making a decision that effects my life without my input.

23. One morning, you wake up only to discover you've been transformed into a gigantic insect! What do you feel, think, and do?

Cool. I am a giant insect. Lets go harrass people!

24. You live in Tolkien's Middle-Earth. What kind of species are you and whose side are you on?

Human or Elf. It could go either way, so long as I get to wield a sword, live long, and do Liv Tyler. (Okay, she's kinda dead now. But if time travel were possible, I would totally go back and hit that.)

25. You live in the STAR WARS universe! Do you prefer the dark or the light side of the force?

There were Force wielders who didn't seem to be for one side or the other. I suppose you'd call that the Gray side of the Force. I'd be more like Han though, and I would definitely have shot first.

26. You are singing the lead of a musical. What is the name of the musical and what is it about?

Hehe, this is waaaay too easy. I'm going to refer you back to the name question and leave it at that.

More expensive than I can afford and too big for any planet's resources to effectively build and/or support. It'd make the Winchester mansion look like a Lego set. (Yeah, Legos endure into the 24th century.)

28. If you could make -one- fictional character become real, who would you choose?

The Lady in the Lake, so I could tell her where to stick the sword.

I never had a lot of time for books when I was running for my life and getting barely an hour or two of sleep per day. But the book that endures from my childhood is a collection of the Brothers Grimm Tales.

They remind me that the world is a dark and scary place, with real consequences for those who aren't on their toes. Read the original Red Riding Hood sometime and you'll learn that there was no Axman to save Red and her Gran.

I don't think about it. Let me be surprised when it happens.

3. crazy.for.writing

crazy.for.writing New Member

My name is Grop. I'm not sure if it means anything special. I've never thought to ask Mommy about it.

My favorite animal is a kitten, because they're soft and cuddly and the mews are so cute. Don't let my big brothers see them though, they're not very nice to kittens.

I don't know much about history, but I think my favorite historical person is Neil Armstrong. He got to go to the moon, you know. Wish I could go there.

Mom says I'm sensitive, my brothers say I'm a ninny. I don't think being sensitive is a bad thing. It's just sometimes my sensitivity does strange things, like turn my skin different colors. I don't know anyone else who does that.

I wear a simple pair of brown trousers because that's what all the boys wear.

I'm not sure, but maybe it would be cool to live in the mid-evil times. Knights and dragons and kings and beautiful princesses. Sure sounds like fun.

My favorite fictional character is Rocky, from the movies. He's big and strong and can beat up the bad guys. I want to be like that too.

Nope, never.

The only things that embarrass me are when my brothers tease me until I turn colors. You see, I'm normally a pretty light green, but when I think bad thoughts about other people, my skin turns orange. I hate when that happens.

I would say my greatest embarrassment is also my greatest flaw, my skin turning colors I mean.

I do like myself the way I am, but when I'm feeling badly I often wish I were bigger or stronger.

Yes, I would make myself bigger, stronger, and be able to stop the turning funny colors thing.

If I were suddenly a superhero my name would still be Grop, I like it even if no one else does. And if I was a superhero, my brothers wouldn't be able to make fun of me any more any way.

I'm not allowed to have pets. My mom's allergic.

15. Are you vain?
    No.

I don't have any hair, but then no one I know has hair.

Nope.

18. If you could delete any person and his/her doings out of history, whom would be the
    unlucky one?
    I don't think it's a good idea to do that. What happened before makes what happens now possible. Even if it seems bad, it still got us where we need to be.

I like red. I don't remember why I first liked that color, but it's been my favorite as long as I can remember. It's just a nice color.

No. I don't even know anyone who's died.

No.

22. What do you fear?
    I'm afraid of my brothers. They're terribly mean to me at times. I always have to run and hide.

23. One morning, you wake up only to discover you've been transformed into a gigantic
    insect! What do you feel, think, and do?
    First I think I would be happy to be so big, but I hate bugs, so while I'm giant I might pick on my brothers a bit to get even, you know, but then I'd find my mom and try to get her to help me get back to normal.

Sorry, my mom says I'm not old enough to read that book. I don't know what kind of species my choices are.

I like the light side. I always want to be the good guy.

The musical would be called "Grop, Grop, what a Flop" and it would be about my brothers and I. They are horrid to me and eventually I get my revenge.

My dream house would be inside of a tree. Hollowed out kind of, and in the middle of the forest. There would be a thousand toys, maybe a million. I love legos and drawing papers. Of course I'd have a telly and I'd watch it all the time. And my mom would be there to make me snacks and I'd have one of those racecar beds. I've always wanted one.

I would pick Annie, you know, little orphan Annie. She looks super fun to play with. Plus I love her red hair and I really want to meet her dog Sandy, and when she was living with the rich guy she had a million toys.

I like books where the good guys win. And if there's magic involved that's super exciting.

I don't know. I've never thought about dying, but who does when they're still a child really and have never even seen a pet die. Some day I suppose I'll have to start thinking about it, but today is not that day.

4. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

My name is Ashley Clare Stevens, but my real name is Anne-Marie Draconis.

I really like cats because they're solitary but when you need a cuddle they seem to know and they're there for you. That and they're graceful and allof which is pretty cool.

Picasso

Probably my paranoia, I always think people are looking at me or laughing about me, I think it annoys people sometimes when I say that and that just makes me more paranoid.

I wear a lot of black, like black t shirts and shirts, and I like wearing black and pink trainers or my boots which have flames on but I can only wear them under baggy jeans. I HATE wearing skirts.

Um.... I suppose all of it? It all got us to where we are today and... look, I'll be honest with you, I dropped history because I suck at it.

Elizabeth Bennett because she wasn't afraid to speak her mind, and Mr Darcy is pretty hot too and she got him.

I really want to say no but I probably have. Skipping out on school is kind of a crime, isn't it? Oh and I've killed a few feral vampires but I don't know if that counts as murder or not, is that murder? Oh my god, I'm a murderer!

Possibly at least once a day for my entire waking life. Most recently I fell asleep in Mr Mallory's science class and fell off my chair and everyone laughed at me.

I don't know, I suppose my paranoid nature and that I'm not confident enough to go against the flow of things even when I know sometimes it's wrong.

I don't hate myself if that's what you're asking. I like myself a lot more than I like Laura Nolan, stuck up cow.

I'd want to be the way I thought I was before I turned 16.

Um, I suppose... Uh... Art girl? I don't know, I've never been into superheros or anything, my power would be my amazing art skills!

I have a cat, he's called Shakespeare's Ghost.

15. Are you vain?

Not really, I wear make up and try to look nice but I don't check myself in the mirror every few minutes.

My hair's quite a dark brown and I usually wear it down without bothering to style it because it takes too long and I'm always running late in the morning. If I don't have time to dry it or it won't behave I'll just tie it up in a pony-tail.

Um, not that I can reveal...

I would delete Silvio Corvus because then my family would still be alive.

I quite like pink but I wouldn't ever tell anyone that. EVER.

Yes, probably more times than I know about.

Feral vampires if they count, I did indirectly cause the death of my mother.

22. What do you fear?

The path ahead.

After I've screamed a lot, and I mean a lot because I hate bugs, I wonder how I'm going to be an artist without opposable thumbs and probably commit suicide because without a creative outlet my life wouldn't be worth living.

I'd want to be an elf! Because they're pretty and immortal. I'd be on the good side but I might not want to fight because I'd be lame in battle.

The dark side, they have cookies!

Well, I can tell you one thing, it wouldn't last past opening night because I'm complete tone deaf. I suppose it would be called Crash and it would be like Grease except the car would crash and kill the male lead because it would have to be grim and tragic to want me in it.

I'd want a really old stately home like they had in Jane Austen times.

Mr Darcy :love:

I like ones with a bit of mystery to them but I like romance books because I can be a bit of a softy when no one else is around to observe it.

Ugh, I WANT to die in my sleep, however I have a feeling my end will come when Silvio catches up to me and rips off my head or drinks all my blood or something along those lines.

5. LucifersAngel

LucifersAngel New Member

Is it ok to answer as a character that you might not use anytime soon, but still see a future for them if you tweak them and the story? My character is a Bisexual teen, who turns into a vampire. Or "night walker." This was during my vampire phase, before Twilight! I am now thinking of changing her to a demon or witch or some other mystical figure. But for now she is a vamp.

Layla. In Hebrew it means dark beauty.

My favorite animal is the lioness. Fierce, predatory and strong.

I always liked Catherine the Great. Fantastic leader and she tried to reunite Russia. Very cool.

I would have to say my temper. It often causes me problems with my family and friends.

I like Red and Black hoodies and jeans and tshirts. I often like to wear purple as well. I just think they're pretty cool.

I liked the Renascence. And anytime there is a rebellion. Usually if there is a rebellion things change, good or bad. Change should happen alot more often if you ask me.

I've always liked Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice. I'm a sucker for love.

Well, I burnt down a school building. But it was totally an accident. I also killed a bloke. Man, that has haunted me ever since.

Where do I begin? Well, I guess not telling Tyke that I like him for starters. And of course the fire incident. But back to Tyke, I just always turn into a bumbling fool in front of him. I wish I could be like his girlfriend. She's really nice and really pretty and really confident. Ughh, so jello.
    (Jello- slang word meaning Jealous.)

I would say I never speak my mind. I'm temperamental yes, but I have trouble getting my views across. Plus I'm so unco, it's embarrassing.
    (Unco- slang word meaning uncoordinated.)

I do like myself, but sometimes I wish I could be better.

I would change my body. Everyone says it's "oh so feminine and slender" I want to be tough not girly, or at least have pretty curves like everyone else.

I would be called the Black Lion. I would be able to transform into a lion and the ability to speak with animals. I love animals.

I have a pet rat I call "Snookie," a pet cat I call "Benidict" and a new puppy I call "t-bone." They're so cute! *Leans in close* If you tell anyone I like fluffy animals I will make you pay!! *Snarls*

15. Are you vain?
    Well, no.

Well it was blonde, but I died it black with red streaks. It looks totally cool! I usually wear it out, sometimes if I have to I will tie it into a pony tail.

Well, people say that I am the next princess or whatever. Princess? Me? Yeah right. *rolls eyes*

Hitler. What a total bastard!

Red and purple. I don't know why, always been drawn to it.

I am the dead. Well, actually I'm not really dead or alive. It's really confusing.

Yes. During my first feeding, I didn't know how to control myself and almost got staked by a hunter. Yikes!

22. What do you fear?
    Holy water, telling my deeply religious parents about my new "life" and being unpopular and therefore not getting Tyke's attentions. Oh yeah and the hunters or whatever.

I'm hungry! Nom nom noms! Destroy the school!! Then I think Dear god what will I wear and will Tyke like me or try to kill me!!
    This interview is just between you and me right? I wouldn't like people to know I care about clothes.*glares menacingly* Am I clear?

The dwarf guy. What's his name again? Oh yeah, Gimli.(?)
    He's totally funny!

Dark!! Hayden Christian Anderson as a dark Sith. Holy shit can you say, totally hot?

Musical? *Looks around suspiciously, leans forward and whispers* Pippy Long stockings! Who doesn't know that story!
    (Not sure of the spelling)

Like a cottage, black and red with a fireplace and a cool garden and stuff!

Alucard. He's like this badass vampire killer, but a vampire as well. He's awesome.

Horror, fantasy and crime. They're cool.

Staked? Maybe someone will chop my head off. I don't know.

6. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Travis: The Traveler
    The human female, because they are attractive and good to cuddle up with. :)
    Napoleon, ambitious little dude that was the best military commander the French ever had. And he wasn't from France.
    My sense of humor.
    Jeans and tee shirt, cause it is comfortable.
    Renaissance, cause it was awesome that's why.
    Garfield
    yes
    yes
    I am short, and stubborn.
    For the most part, makes dating a bitch though.
    Well yes and no, can I just put my brain in some handsome guys body. Two birds one stone thing.
    IDK, never really thought about it all that much.
    2 shi-tzus and a cat.
    15. Are you vain?
    No
    Brown and in a ponytail
    Lord, Dr., and Mr.
    That really evil guy.
    Green, cause it reminds me of nature, also cobalt blue cause it is pretty.
    Yes
    In theory many time. For real no.
    22. What do you fear?
    Spiders and the dentist.
    I feel funny, and suddenly have a great fear of phone books, shoes, and bug zappers.
    Hobbit and I would just sit neutral, and my house in the hill would be amazing.
    Dark Side of course cause they have cookies.
    Something has gone missing, is about a man who loses his mind.
    Half normalish and half fetish studio
    Ulrike, cause she is a sweet German lady.
    Sci-fi and Horror
    Alone

A man called Valance likes this.
  7. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

1 What is your name, and is there any thought/meaning behind it?

I’d rather not say, though I’m named after my father.

2. What is your favorite animal and why?

A pig. I like bacon and pork.

3. Who is your favorite historical person?

Herman Munster.

My lack of personality.

Casual, comfortable.

6. What historical period is your favorite? Why?

I’m fond of the Old West. I was brought up on westerns.

7. Who is your favorite fictional character?

Fred Flintstone.

No, unless you count singing in the bath and a few misdemeanors as a kid.

More than I care to remember.

Nothing that stands out above the rest, my flaws come in equal measure.

Whatever I am, I am what I am, and I’m smart enough to accept that.

No

I quite like the idea of becoming invisible and owning an invisible baseball bat. It’d be fun to dispense instant justice to the shinbones of anyone that indulges in antisocial behavior. ‘The Shin Cracker’ yeah, I’d like that. I’d be an invisible Officer Dibble.

Not anymore.

15. Are you vain?

No vainer than anyone else that chooses to answer thirty questions about themselves.

16. What color is your hair and in what manner do you wear it?

Brown, gray and flesh. Gratefully.

No, I’m just plain Mister.

I can think of many I’d like to delete but right now I’ll settle for the scumbag that shot John Lennon.

19. What is your favorite color? Why?

No particular favorite, they’re all beautiful.

Yes, as kid, when a friend and I saw a hole in a wire fence as an invitation to ignore the ‘Keep Out’ signs and trespass into a dark wood. Talking in whispers, we ventured into gloom and proceeded to scare the hell out of each other by speculating on the likelihood of hoboes and suchlike being there. The thought of some Injun Joe type character hiding behind the next tree had my nerves on edge, so much so that when we heard what sounded like twig snapping somewhere behind us it had the effect of a starting pistol. We fled, not from whence we came, but forward into the unknown, where I stumbled down a steep bank and only stopped sliding when I grabbed an exposed tree root. Lucky I did, because when I tried to get up I found my legs were kicking fresh air. A glance over my shoulder showed why. Below me was a thirty foot drop onto some spiked railings. If my friend hadn’t inched his way down the slope and helped me I don’t think I’d be here now.

No.

22. What do you fear?

Cats; I don’t trust the creepy jaspers. I never saw one yet that didn’t look at me like I was a big mouse.

I’d probably feel grateful and spend the first day, at least, in front of a gigantic mirror, admiring my gigantic pecker.

I know nothing about Tolkien, so I’ll stay neutral. Maybe I could be a gigantic insect?

Sorry, I know nothing about Star Wars either. Yeah, Tolkien and Star Wars, that one person in the world is me.

If I’m singing then you’d better call it Ear Plugs and make it a musical about an audience that stampedes for the exit.

Nothing special, just ‘home.’

Kaa the snake

Factual, Historical, some autobiographies.

Horizontal, I expect.

matwoolf and Cave Troll like this.
  8. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

This shall be fun as my character doesn't live in this world, so i'll give answers that are relevant to this character's world rather than this one, as they wouldn't have heard of anything from this world. I've done some parts as if he is addressing me as the writer to find out some information on popular culture.

Isake Xe'ereth Dresden, i originally had my father's name Jeremiah Isake Dresden III and had to change it due to my current situation. I don't know what Isake means exactly, but Xe'ereth means "Loyal Person"
    Wolves, because they made good companions when I was travelling through the mountains
    the late King Kersh Ironshield, he was the guy that made the dwarves the people they are today
    My loyalty to my friends and the country I live in.
    Light cotton shirt and trousers under white metal armour, why? because do you know how many people have tried to kill me? its a lot, and I can't always watch my own back.
    The Obsidian era of Hdreath, as that made the country what it is today, and trust me, as much as I hate that place due to my past, it looks beautiful.
    Keren Shirgard of the Dwarven epic stories. (trust me, those dwarves make up a lot of what they tell you)
    a few murders here and there, namely to stop things before they get out of hand, but then, if the king asked me to do it, can it really be called a crime?
    I learn from my regrets, but as far as embarrassment goes... i've had a few nights where i've drunk a little too much...
    My greatest flaw is also the biggest bit to my personality, which is my loyalty, as I have had people I thought I trusted turn on me
    Not entirely, no, but I understand that I cannot control everything
    I'm a faceless man, I can change my appearance whenever I want so physically I'm covered. but if I could stop wanting to kill myself on occasion that would be great.
    What are those?
    A dire wolf named Linck
    15. Are you vain?
    only in terms of the scarring I have
    Blond, waist length and in dreadlocks, normally tied up due to the fact I use dwarfen armour
    Er, yeah, its long: Sir Isake Dresden, Emperor of Hdreath and Captain Commander of the Elite Armies, Leader to the Human race in Gebo. *sighs*
    My father, because I have reasons that I do not want to say.
    Blue, just seems like such a striking colour
    i've tried to kill myself a few times if that counts...
    too many more than I care to mention
    22. What do you fear?
    failing those around me
    Well, I think Linck, my Dire Wolf might try to eat me... so there is that... other than that I would try and get my advisor to change me back...
    I'm not sure what you mean here, but I am a human, and I believe I am on the good side as I work with elves and dwarves, Person who wrote me, can you elaborate any?
    Eh, well, Middle Earth and the Eastern Continent are kinda similar, and you are the good side after all.
    Where is Middle Earth Person who wrote me?
    On another planet, one that has been around far longer than the one you are on.
    So an Ancient civilisation not to dissimilar to ours, thats pretty sweet, good to know more places like this are out there.
    This is getting weirder and weirder, I have never heard of Star Wars, but light side sounds cool, even the control over the dark side I have... Person who wrote me, can you please explain?
    Iz, Star wars is something we have here, that is to do with people flying around up in the sky fighting each other good versus evil, not to dissimilar to what you are doing now
    wha...

Uh, i think i've just blown his mind...
    What is this thing called a "Musical", Hey, person who wrote me, what is a "Musical"
    Oh, yeah, sorry Iz, a musical is a retelling of a story done to music and sung rather than spoken.
    That sounds weird, but I'd love to do something on the Rise and Fall of the Kolesian Empire
    I have my dream house, I share with my best friend, have place to study, eat, help people with their own problems, train and generally mind my own business.
    Keren Shirgard that i mentioned earlier.
    It varies with my mood as to what i want to read
    With extreme difficulty...

9. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Oh, really nice thread this one! I'm glad our resident necromancer, @Cave Troll, brought it back to life! ;)
    This has made me realise how little I actually knew about my own character and her world.

The name's Lilia. Don't know if there's anything behind it, though. My parents died when I was very young.

Sewer rats, probably. There is just so much juicy meat on them! They are a bit hard to catch, though. The melt into the darkness like no other.

I've never studied history. Actually, I've never been to school at all.

I'm stubborn. If I hadn't been, I'd probably be dead by now.

Woollen pants and a shirt, and a rough blanket. Rotten, covered in dirt and ripped beyond repair. Why? Well, the clothes are what I had on me when I was sent down here. And the blanket is something I found in a camp site, underneath the body of a man. He didn't need it anymore.

Again, I don't know anything about history.

I've never heard a story, as far as I can remember. And I have never touched a book. Not that I can read, anyway.

I've done what's necessary to survive. And when you come from the slums there are really only two options. Sell what you have, or take what you can.

Looting that dead body in that alley, being too consumed by the loot to hear the guards.

My life.

No. There is nothing to like.

It wouldn't make any difference, anyway. So what's the point?

When I was younger I dreamed about being a knight. So maybe something like that. Or flying, perhaps. Then I could just go far, far away, where no one would find me.

No.

15. Are you vain?
    No. There is nothing in me to love.

It's black, I think. It's not something I see to often. And everything is black down here, anyway. I mostly wear it as a braid... ish thing.

Convict.

Maybe that guy who lay dead in that alley, so that I would never have been exiled for murder. Or me. It would probably have been better for everyone that way.

Anything that is bright and colourful. It looks so beautiful compared to the black, grey and brown I've known my entire life.

Yes. That's the way it is down here, death is always close.

No. Hurt, maybe. But never killed. I wouldn't do that, ever.

22. What do you fear?
    I've been in Hell for over a year now, at least I think it's that long. It's hard to say when everything is pitch black all the time. Anyway, there isn't much not to fear down hear. Wherever you go, and whatever you do, there will always be someone to kill you. And eat you.

I've lived in the dirt and crawled at the feet of "the citizens" my entire life. Being an insect wouldn't really change anything.

I've already said I have never heard any stories, or read anything, so I wouldn't know about that. Though, if there is an option to live in peace somewhere green and flowery, maybe in a little village, I choose that one.

I don't know what this "Star Wars" thing is, but I'd definitely choose light. I've lived in darkness for a year, so I'd do anything for some light.

I haven't heard "musical" before. But singing I could do. I used to do it pretty often, to sooth myself and some of the younger street kids. I can't do it now, though. It would only get me killed. I sang about everything, really, but right now I'd love to sing about freedom, and the sun.

Small, I think. Surrounded by green fields. And there would be a table and a chair inside. And a bed! I've never slept in a bed, but I've heard that it's amazing!

I wish I knew any characters and stories, but I don't.

If I could read, I would probably love books about adventures far away. Somewhere nice, warm and bright.

I will probably have my throat cut in my sleep, or take a knife to my chest as I turn a corner, in this infinitely dark maze that is an abandoned city beneath a city.

Cave Troll likes this.
  10. Shbooblie

Shbooblie Senior Member

My name on my passport is Corbin Krajicek. There is no meaning or thought behind that, my name is my name because the guy who makes my documents gave it to me.

I don't think I really have one to be honest. Favorite animals are sort of...pointless.

I have a bit of a soft spot for Claude Debussy.

I am admittedly a bit of a pessimist, I guess I'm cheating 'cause that's a blanket description for a lot of little things.

I like plain clothes in dark colors, they tend to help me fade into the background. Don't want to go around drawing attention to myself.

I try not to think too much about the past, but I suppose I have to go with the 1920's, I had the most fun back then.

Gregor Samsa.

Short answer - yes. Let's say no more about that.

On multiple occasions. My biggest regret though is not being there to help my family when they needed me most.

I can be quite selfish at times. I have to go with that as the greatest of many, saying as that's what got my father killed in the end.

Honestly, I kind of hate myself, but lets not get into that.

Fuck, I've got a list of things that need changing. I'd have them all in a heartbeat if I could.

I would be called 'Transparent Man' and obviously I would be able to turn invisible. That would be useful for a whole lot of reasons.

No. Animals don't really like me very much.

15. Are you vain?
    I suppose I used to be, but I got over that a long time ago.

My hair is a very dark brown, almost black. I wear it kind of messy and pulled over my face, I tend to hide behind it.

Just plain old Mr.

Adolf fucking Hitler.

I like red. I'd rather not say why.

Yes, more than a few times. I always seem to come back from it. Shame really.

One directly - he asked me to do it. Many more have died indirectly because of my actions.

22. What do you fear?
    Death. That, and water. I fucking hate large bodies of water.

I'd probably react the way poor old Gregor Samsa does. That would be terrifying.

I'm not quite up to speed with Tolkien's fiction. High Fantasy was never my preferred genre.

Oh, I'd want to be on the light but somehow I think I'd be stolen away by the dark side.

Fuck My Life: The Tragic Tale of the Man Who Fucked Up Too Many Times.

I'd love to live in cabin in the mountains somewhere. It would need to be a decent size to store all my shit though.

Next question, it's not like this fictional character is going to let me hang with them.

I mostly read classical literature and self-help books.

Oh I know how I will die. Suicide or getting shot in the head. It's a fun life.

Cave Troll likes this.
  11. Cave Troll

Well I missed the whole character part in the OP. Guess now I have to write an autobiography. Whoopsy! :superlaugh:

12. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Janet. Because my parents didn't want a Linda.

A dolphin. Because I think if we ever get to really communicate with them, they'll be our best friends and smartest critics

Robert the Bruce. What he managed to do for Scotland was amazing.

Friendly, but I like my own company

ONLY comfortable clothing, but I like a bit of style, too. My own style, not 'fashion.'

Mid to late Victorian. Because I was raised with that stuff all around me, and it's a period I can relate to

Dickens's James Steerforth, from David Copperfield. My first experience of a really complex character.

Not that I know of

9. Have you ever done something you regret and/or embarrassed you?
    I'm not easily embarrassed, but I do have a regret or two. Things that would have changed my life, had I done them differently

Lack of will power

I never think of myself in terms of liking or disliking. I am just me.

Oh, yes ...lots.

Old Mother Hubbard. Anybody who crosses my path when I'm in a bad mood will urgently need to go off and find a toilet.

Not any more

15. Are you vain?
    Of what?

Grayish brown, and worn like a Tuffy Scrubber

You mean like Mrs? Yes.

18. If you could delete any person and his/her doings out of history, who would be the unlucky one?
    The guy who invented the microwave

Depends on the day. I love most colours, but then, I used to be an artist

Not that I know of

Not that I know of

22. What do you fear?
    Subway trains and insolvency

I feel like I think I should go back to sleep and try again later

Hobbit. The kind who dreams of leaving The Shire, but never does. Side of what?

Whichever side lets me marry Han Solo. Dark side, light side ...I'm easy....

It's called Shut Up, You, about a person who won't stop singing. I detest most musicals.

Like an old Victorian Queen-Anne style mansion with a large, well-kept garden, a huge front and side porch, a fireplace, woodstove for cooking and heating, and a well-stocked library with a window seat

28. If you could make one fictional character become real, who would you choose?
    My own MC. I'm in love with him. And no, he's not anything like Han Solo.

Historical fiction about how people really lived in various periods of history. I'm not keen on the ones about famous people, kings, queens, etc. Just ordinary people.

It will not be skydiving

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

My name Wrey. It means me.

Dogs. Dogs are just like people, only better.

Alexander the Great. He and his lover Hephaestion conquered the better part of the known world of their day. So, when people want to pigeonhole me as regards what they think gay means, his example keeps my compass pointed true.

I like communicating. I have little patience for people who are poor communicators or who manipulate communication to their own ends.

Cotton tanks and cotton short and sandals. I live in the tropics. The real tropics, not the semi-tropics.

The Edwardian Era. There's just something about the upper class coming down and the working class coming up, and the two meeting for the brief period of time, each with a very distinct perspective.

Paul Muad'Dib

Of course.

Of course.

Impatience with others.

Of course.

Anything I have wanted to change about myself, I have. I wanted to look good at the beach, so I've been a gym-rat my whole life. I wanted to be an interpreter, so I studied languages and became one.

Seductor. My power is to bend your will to my words. Take your pick if that makes me hero or baddie...

Two. A dog and a cat.

15. Are you vain?
    Yep.

Brown. I trim it myself with clippers, #2, all the way 'round.

In Puerto Rico, I am technically a Lcdo. (licenciado) because of my certification with the federal courts and my degree. I never use the title because I think it's stupid to do so.

No one.

Blue. Looks good on me when I have a tan, which is pretty much always.

The closest was a case of spinal meningitis that had me hospitalized for a week and a half. Without modern medicine, I'm sure that would have taken me.

No.

22. What do you fear?
    Centipedes. Horrid, horrid, completely uncalled-for creatures.

I haven't got a clue...

I'm a dwarf and I enjoy working the mines along with my partner, Maronir. He's so handsome and has the most beautiful, strong, square hands. He's a hellion in the sack.

I prefer to stay away from any dealings with the Force or those who pay it much mind. Where they walk, havoc follows.

It's called Shit Musical because I'm a shit singer, and it's about shit singers who somehow get cast in a musical against their will. Totally meta.

Bag End.

Paul Muad'Dib. He and I would run away into the deep desert, take the sand trout unto our skin, live like desert hawks, love like Fremen warriors. The Padisha Emporer himself would know of us and wonder if we were real or myth.

Good ones.

In a teleportation accident, obviously.

14. Komposten

Just to give a little clarification, you're supposed to answer from the eyes of one of your characters, not the answers you would give yourself. ;)

15. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Oh, well, too bad. :-D

jannert, matwoolf and Komposten like this.
  16. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

And there I was about to launch into the first question regarding my name :-D which used to be a pain and now I just think it's a fun conversational topic :crazy:

17. Cave Troll

@Komposten Yeah I kinda didn't think that one part through. :superlaugh:

@Wreybies Your character is channeling their inner Gandalf?:supergrin:

Komposten likes this.
  18. jannert

Naw. It wouldn't work, because mine lived in 1886, and many of these questions don't apply. Tolkien, Star Wars, etc. And my character can't read very well at all, so the books questions would be irrelevant.

It's more fun if we do this for ourselves, like Wreybies did. Helps us all to get to know each other better.

Last edited: May 25, 2016
  19. Komposten

My character lives in a Ancient Rome-ish setting, has never been to school and can't read, but I didn't let that stop me from answering from her perspective (as best she could, of course).
    But you do have a really good point, though. :)

jannert likes this.
  20. jannert

Well, yes, of course I could have done that, too. If my MC could read, which fictional character would have been his favourite, etc. Would he have wanted to be Gimli or Legolas. But that's not really the sort of thing I do with my characters. I don't make 'characteristics lists.' My characters simply evolve as I write them. There are other things more important to my character than whether they'd go for the dark side or the light side in Star Wars (life is rarely that black and white), or what their favourite colour might be.

However, it's fun to respond to these questions in a 'real' setting ...and I enjoyed reading the 'real' responses more than the 'this is my character' ones. I tried doing my character one at first, then said ...no, this isn't actually what I want to do here. What's the point? However ...if this was ME... :)

Komposten likes this.
  21. ChaosReigns

ChaosReigns Ov The Left Hand Path Contributor

And mine doesn't even live on this planet LOL, had to kinda do a workaround with mine :supergrin::superlaugh:

Cave Troll likes this.
  22. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

Saska is the most common name I go by. It is a nickname I created for myself because it means "stranger" or "outsider" in the Old Language. It gives me a certain intimidation factor.​
    I like grateful fish, especially the species found in the lake behind where I grew up. Their mythology regarding how they got their name fascinates me.​
    Alan Turing. A true marvel of a man.​
    My honesty. I never lie. I only tell the best of truths, and only those that serve me.​
    I wear the traditional corded, bell-sleeved jacket over smock ensemble of the Lesser Court. Included are tights and boots that reach the thighs. I never cared much for the boots.​
    The one in which I am alive to reap its benefits.​
    Marsh from Mistborn
    I'm committing one as we speak in a sense.​
    Of course I have. Oh, of course I have.​
    My oversight. There are simply too many threads in my plans to keep them from tangling. How that frustrates me!​
    I will like myself when I have met my goals.​
    I wish I had no potential to do magic whatsoever. It is a far greater burden having the potential but no manifestation.​
    I wish I had the power to see into the future, all possible futures, and find the fastest route to my goals.​
    No.​
    15. Are you vain?
    Some might say I am.​
    My hair is the light turquoise of one who has gathered mana residue from multiple dimensions.​
    I am imply a humble member of the Lesser Court​
    I would not do this for any potential repercussions against me.​
    I am fond of blue. It relaxes me, and then at times it terrifies me.​
    Unwittingly, yes.​
    No.​
    22. What do you fear?
    Having potential and wasting it.​
    I eat through the house on principle.​
    I would be Orc and I would be on no one side.​
    I have no preference. Both have their merits. If I lived in that universe, I would simply be a worthless Jedi, possibly with a brilliant mind.​
    The Revenge Never Sought. It would be about a man who loses everything and comes to terms with it without resorting to anger.​
    Eaten through by a giant bug.​
    The Doctor.​
    Fast-paced thrillers or mysteries.​
    Going down fighting. The path I take is not for the light-hearted.​

23. miagrant

miagrant New Member

My name is Carmen and it was because my mother was a spanish teacher. She liked Carmen pretty much.

Dogs. They have a cute face.

Blah, this reminds me of boarding school... Why should I tell you?

I love being in peace.

What I find first, if its clean.

The 50's? Well, because I was not alive!

Lolita.

Loving another girl can be considered a crime?

Gezz, my whole life.

Being too kind to the wrong ones. Or no? I don't know if i am too kind.

Yes?

Yes!

Superwhore. My power would be make annoying people regret themselves.

Yeap, Buddy.

15. Are you vain?
    Nah, no.

Dark brown. Its free to do what it want to.

Nah.

Duh, I have a huge list.

Red because yes.

Yess.

Only me. Once. But it didn't work.

22. What do you fear?
    Being betrayed.

Hahaha I would kill people hehe

What?

Dark hehe.

The nymph. About my love.

Home is whatever I am with my love.

Matilda from that childs movie.

Dramatic ones.

By a heartbreak, sure.