1. labelab

labelab Member

is it acceptable to...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by labelab, May 24, 2019.

ask for emotional advice on a writing forum? reddit seems full

2. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Moderaptors can correct if I'm wrong...

I suppose it's ok to ask, it depends is it ok to answer anything or not.

3. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

Well, we've got the Trump Thread, and that's almost entirely emotion at some points, so I imagine as long as it's in the proper sub-forum, you should be good. Again, though, Mods rule.

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Moderator here - it depends what you mean - what might be broadly termed the rubbish talking threads in the lounge - happy, not happy, in which he said what, what am I doing etc are full of people talking about their days and getting 'advice' on minor matters

However if you are thinking of asking for advice of serious matters - particularly those to do with mental or physical health, then this isn't the place and we don't allow it because incorrect advice can be more damaging than none - if it's serious see your doctor or therapist.

The acid test is that of its the sort of advice where you might reasonably need a professional - then no one here is qualified to give it (and even if someone says they are we have no way of checking)- and you should see an actual professional

Last edited: May 25, 2019
    The Dapper Hooligan likes this.