Tags:
  1. katina

katina Banned Contributor

the best compliment you have ever had?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by katina, Sep 14, 2018.

Compliments are good for the soul
    What is the best compliment you have ever had?

2. Alex R. Encomienda

Alex R. Encomienda Contributor Contributor

Hmm.. Since I worked at a retirement home until last month, I got so many compliments that I couldn't even count.

It's a tie between this girl at my old job who said I looked great and fit for being 27 (because everyone says I look 18) or another lady in my old writing workshop class who said that my writing seemed advanced compared to others in the class.

katina likes this.
  3. T_L_K

T_L_K Senior Member

A couple of people have told me I made them think and that's probably the highest compliment I could ever get paid. If only I could make this impact on idiots also... My life would be paradise.

katina likes this.
  4. MikeyC

MikeyC Active Member

A friend of mine at work found out I write books and they turned around with a puzzled look on their face and said 'You write actual books?'

I took it as a complement!

Rgds

katina likes this.
  5. Necronox

Necronox Contributor Contributor

This morning I was checking my emails, as per usual. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary till I got an email from one of my online friends (he's a bit odd) reading my work as a beta-reader (i had only given him the few few chapters as he was unsure if he was interesting in reading it and providing feedback). It was titled: "MORE!". Perplexed, I opened up the email and within was a single line that made me smile all the way to work: "I need more. I need to know what happens..... Damn you!"

Only problem is that he hasn't actually given me any feedbacks or comments yet.... but he does seem to be reading it awfully fast.. not sure of what to do with that. But I'll assume that's a good thing.o_O

katina and Some Guy like this.