The Book of Ellid (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Earphone, Jul 19, 2011.

1. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Sorry I haven't been around, I haven't had power at home since Sunday. I'll try to catch up at work though.

2. losthawken

Hey GM, what do we do next here? This thing needs a jump start :)

3. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Yes it does. I will write a post tonight or tomorrow, and -because of the loss of writers- make an opening for new people.

4. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

I am making a post, but I literally have no idea what is going on at the moment. I read everything, but still have no clue. Can someone please explain and tell me the locations of people's characters? o_O

5. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Alright, the courtyard is currently under attack from archers in the guardtowers. (One of which has been cleared by Qarkar.) Qarkar, Etri, and Chan'i are all currently in the base of the cleared guardhouse making a tunnel. You're gonna need to either join Qarkar and co., or find an alternate way to escape the assault. (Either method is acceptable.)

Jester's and Hawken's characters are both no longer in the courtyard. Everyone else's is. (Those that I haven't killed off, that is.)

6. Depressing Jester

Depressing Jester New Member

I'll be editing my last post.

7. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Heads up all, Jester and I are going to be tag-posting plot progressing posts. These are probably going to be longer than usual, but they're necessary if this thread's gonna survive. Stay tuned, and keep posting in the meantime, it should be good.

8. Ohlookabirdy!

Ohlookabirdy! New Member

If this is still open at all...

Name: Garth Blackstone
    Race: Human
    Sex: M

Appearance: Garth is just a hair above six feet in height, with dark eyes and brown hair. His body is physically fit at first look, and the young man often has a hawkish look about him.

Aura: A subtle shift between pink and gold, mirroring a sunset in the summer sky.

Clothing/Equipment: When not prepared for battle- Garth wears a doublet displaying the crest of his household, a white gem on a black field with golden thread. When going into battle, he has a suit of chainmail with some plate armor over his wrists, shins and shoulders, along with a winged helm. He has been trained to use a lance while on horseback, and a longsword and shield while on foot.

When going into battle on horse- Lance (5 feet in length) x1, Kite shield x1
    On foot- Longsword x1, Kite shield x1, plate gauntlets
    Otherwise- Sheathed Longsword x1 (often locked with a chain for courtesy when in the presence of other nobility)

Short Bio: Garth was born to one of the most powerful and despised noble families in the Human kingdoms. The Blackstones have been notorious in their treatment of the peasantry, often forcing convict and freedman alike to work in the diamond mines beneath their Citadel at the port of Seaclaw. Garth inherited the legacy of his forefathers and was well on his way to sharing their cruel demeanor until a fateful night when he was separated from his royal family. While at a harvest festival at the age of ten, Garth was press ganged into the mines by a work-driver, thinking he was another orphan foundling. Garth found himself working inside the deepest and most cramped of the mines beneath the castle.

No one has come forward to say what exactly happened to Garth during his time away- when the mistake was discovered, the offending slave driver was drawn and quartered, none of the other workers would share with the royal family what happened for fear of sharing the man's fate, and Garth was tight lipped on the matter. But he was returned to his family a changed man. No longer spiteful and possessive like his siblings, neither was he philanthropic or magnanimous while in the presence of his family.

Garth was Garth, brooding, sarcastic and cynical at court. Few have ever come to know him outside the Citadel walls.

Since the outbreak of the plague, the Citadel of Seaclaw has barred its gates to the suffering in the city below, letting hundreds perish while the nobility and wealthy merchants hold out in a self-imposed quarantine behind their walls. No longer able to ignore the summons of the king without risking the appearance of rebellion (a very real possibility, if an accidental one, considering the suffering all around the human lands), the patriarch of the family, Garnet Blackstone, has sent his youngest son to represent the family's interests at court along with the young man's friend and squire, Marcus Wolfe.

Personality:
    Garth is sarcastic, silent and cynical when it comes to politics and the state of the kingdom. Inside, he carries the shame of knowing he has the blood of tyrants, murderers, sycophants and sociopaths in his veins. While he cannot atone for the deeds of his forefathers, he is nonetheless resolute in his desire to be the one Blackstone written about as a true good man by historians to come.

Miscellaneous info: Garth has a strong dislike for seafood (barring crabs legs) coming from the coast; he absolutely loves anything beef or dairy related since such courses are a luxury in his home, even for nobility. Garth has not yet had a marriage arranged for him, as is customary for the nobility at court. He has a deep suspicion of any non-human creatures- not from racist tendencies, but because he encountered no other races at home except in old books in the castle study. Has an older brother and sister, Topaz and Ruby (respectively) who stand to inherit Seaclaw before him.

There is more to Garth and another bio for his friend/squire Marcus Wolfe that will probably come out mostly in the story, if you'll allow me to participate :)

9. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Sounds good. If you cold please hold off writing until I can send you some info that'd be great. I'll have it to you some time tonight.

10. Ohlookabirdy!

Ohlookabirdy! New Member

Roger roger!

11. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Hey, nice post Birdy! I like the squire.

12. losthawken

welcome aboard Birdy! I'll get something up soon too!

13. Ohlookabirdy!

Ohlookabirdy! New Member

Many thanks to both of you! I'll probably be posting again soon to show them arriving at the courtyard (in the next 24 hours or so).

Glad someone is a fan of yon Wolfe. Now to give Blackstone some character :p

Edit: Never mind. Managed to power through a ten hour day AND post before midnight :)

14. Ohlookabirdy!

Ohlookabirdy! New Member

Ear & co., a couple of questions, if I may.

1.) Is there anything about this plague I should know more about (Black death style or zombie virus etc.)?

2.) Is it absolutely imperative to the narrative that Garth get into the tunnel? A simple yes or no is fine :) I just want to accomodate your plot, as it isn't in Garth's nature to run away, though I can weasel it if necessary.

15. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

1.) It's like Black Death meets Mad Cow disease. (If that helps...)

2.) No, it's not imperative. I get the impression that Garth is a bit hot-headed, I can't imagine he'll listen to a Gnome right off the bat. What IS imperative is that the party get outside the city limits. By what means is workable.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

1.) It's like Black Death meets Mad Cow disease. (If that helps...)

2.) No, it's not imperative. I get the impression that Garth is a bit hot-headed, I can't imagine he'll listen to a Gnome right off the bat. What IS imperative is that the party get outside the city limits. By what means is workable.

16. Ohlookabirdy!

Ohlookabirdy! New Member

1.) Kinda sorta. At least it answers the zombie bit :p

2.) Roger roger- and no, he wouldn't since he's never seen one before. Like, ever.

17. losthawken

Quick post last night to keep my foot in the door. Hoping for more action from the rest!

P.S. Archanos doesn't have a whole lot to add to the conversations on the mountain. He's mostly going to wait till this bit of exposition is through and then get back to the action :)

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 AM ----------

Quick post last night to keep my foot in the door. Hoping for more action from the rest!

P.S. Archanos doesn't have a whole lot to add to the conversations on the mountain. He's mostly going to wait till this bit of exposition is through and then get back to the action :)

18. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

Can I be a villian?

19. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

I'm not especially looking for a villain, but I'll give it thought. PM me your character template if you have one, and I'll edit as necessary.

20. Hex44

Hex44 New Member

Negative.
    Character templates are so humdrum boring. Lol.