The Celtic Gods

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by gibble410, Aug 24, 2016.

1. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Caer clasped Caber's hands, "Shhh, slow down."
    Then the snake came back, like it always did. Caer shoved out her foot, allowing the snake to climb.
    She glared at it and then turned back to Caber with a smile, glad that someone actually wanted her services. However she wouldn't give them up easily.
    "I, like the soothsayer, cost. Can you pay?" she asked. She wasn't sure what she wanted, but what he might offer up would be of interest. She smiled at the human, Ben was it? He had begged many times for her services, and she had been tempted but he was too easy. Now was the time. What was his true mind? Would he become angry, sad, give pretence of something else?

2. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Ben stared at the boar. He felt Caer's presence on him as she smiled. He was not truly prepared to ask for something, but would not shun her attention. "I would ask you, revered one... can you remove specters from the dreams of your followers?" His fluttered at his words; found himself staring straight her. The wish was exposed, no hiding. Damn his impatience. "Nightmares are nothing to you, yes. Can you kill them?"

3. I.A. By the Barn

Caer turned away from Caber, gods can wait, humans have the annoying ability to die easily. Her smile reached her eyes, this was going to be fun.
    "May be I could, but I think you are no longer my follower," she said. "And even then, the price would be too great. It always was for you."

4. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Aidan watched Caer and Ben for a moment, then turned away thinking 'don't do it my friend, bargains made with the gods always carry a price a mortal can't afford' He formed the words in his mind then shook his head ruefully, there was no point in interfering, in this life a man has to tread his own path.

Aidan moved away from the gods to the sleeping cabins , looking into the first he smiled as he saw Faer asleep on the floor in the form of a dog. He moved to the second and finding it unoccupied stretched out on the bed fully clothed , laying his sword next to him in the gap between his body and the hull.

A moment later there was sound in the corridor outside as though someone had shut a duck in a barrel then rolled it down a hill, Aidan reached over and tugged the door open and Fiacre walked in with a waddling gait , talons dragging on the floor. With one flutter of her wings she jumped easily on to the bar of the bed and fluffed her feathers out to sleep. Fiacre always slept with one eye open so Aidan knew he was safe to relax in her presence.

He closed his eyes and fell into a deep dreamless sleep

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
  5. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

17 Hours From Land ......

As the ship sailed across the water, Gwydion looked at rose awake. Caber, Bloduwedd, Caer, Corrine and Ben. As the others chatted, Gwydion leaned towards Bloduwedd. "When we get to the Church, our main priority is the Stone. Only gods can weild them, and I wanted to ask if you could keep with you the first Stone?" She nervously glanced around, Bloduwedd wasn't the most trustworthy, but she beloved that she could count on him with the Stone.

Caber had lost his horse of thought, and was absently staring into space as the others talked. Eventually, he waltzed into a room where he fell down and slept, the meat churning in his stomach.

6. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Corrin would eventually follow the others, taking the meat off the heat now the majority was cooked. Not all of it was finished though, mostly due to the size of it. He glanced into the area where the others were sleeping. He smiled when he noticed Griff, the dog having decided to sleep next to Faer and snuggled in.

He wandered over and found a small, quiet corner, laying his shield and spear by his side before slumping against the wall, and drifting off.

7. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer woke up with a yawn. He grinned when he noticed the other dog, snuggling in next to him. While they looked the same, the smell of a genuine dog was completely different from his own. But still, it felt good
    Faer wandered around the ship for a while, eating some of the leftover food from the dining hall, before leaving off to the deck of the ship. There he breathed in the ocean air, and looked over to the horizon. Strange calmness flowed through him followed by dread, from what was about to come.

8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

The sound of Faer moving about woke Fiacre who yawled loudly, waking Aidan and quite possibly giants in far away hills. Aidan levered himself out of bed and resheathed his sword, wandering out on deck with Fiacre perched heavily on his shoulder Aidan looked at the heaving ocean around them , to the far west he could see a dark smudge of land or possibly low lying cloud on the horizon.

He grunted as the weight of Fiacre sidled down his arm, fluttering her huge wings for balance, then with an effort he tossed her in to air and commanded ::land , how far:: and watched as she flapped heavilly away toward the horizon.

He absently fondled the ears of the dog standing next to him, then knelt to stroke its wiry back "who's a good wuffle hound then" he murmured scratching it between its big fluffy ears, he'd always liked dogs they were more trustworthy than men. Looking left he saw Corrinn and then to his horror Grif emerging to from the companionway and sprang guiltily to his feet " by all the gods" he gasped " i'm sorry Faer , I thought , i mean... you were.. "

9. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer returned to human form. "Do that again," he said. "And by the gods, I will eat your corpse."
    Then, realising this was probably the reason humans were so afraid of him, he added. "Sorry, it's just quite irritating to me. Just... Don't do it again please."
    I could use this against him, he realised. Should this man decide to turn against me.

10. big soft moose

"Don't threaten me , Puca" Aidan growled , putting his hand on his sword but without drawing it from the scabbard. "It was an honest mistake, and won't happen again , but don't be thinking that I fear you... the man , beast or being I fear has yet to be born"

In the distance he could see that Fiacre was already returning he joined minds with her and instantly felt the ripple across his consciousness. Turning to Gwydion relayed his new information "Fiacre says that we are near 10 miles distant, and that there is a small port with a curved stone break water and several fishing boats within" he paused as more information swirled into his mind "she also says that there is a mob on a quay side with a monk and that they shot arrows at her, but she was too high and too fast"

Aidan flicked his glance to Bloduewedd "if these bastards are shooting at birds, you best keep that owl of yours close, he has less chance of out flying an arrow" Aidan felt his blood chill at the thought of one of those arrows striking either Fiacre or Oldouwan , and decided deep within his soul that the bowman wouldn't live to see another sunset

11. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer growled at the threat, but decided not to let this stupid incident bring them to blood. He smiled to himself that Aidan said he wasn't afraid of him, for he himself was terrified of that warrior. That was his advantage.
    He was worried to hear of the mob in the quay. It seemed that they were waiting for them. That couldn't be good. And the bowman especially. He was able to hold his own and defeat most melee fighters in single combat, but long range, that was a problem. There was only so far he could throw the spear, so fast he could run to reach his enemies. And if that man carried an english longbow, Faer shuddered.

12. halisme

When Faer moved Griff woke up and moved to Corrin, sitting and waiting for his master to wake up. The man did so shortly after, eyes flashing open. He petted the dog and gave a smile, before picking up his spear and shield. "Let's go get you breakfast then, eh boy." He whispered, listening into the conversation from the enxt room. He stood up and went to the kitchen. He went over to where he left the boar meat, throwing a few strips to the dog before taking some for himself. He turned to Faer and Aidan, having lost any tired haze that might have clung to him. "Good mornin' gentlemen. I assume that despite your differences you'll maintain cooperation till we have solved our problems." He replied, beginning to look around for a bag so that he could carry his food.

13. I.A. By the Barn

Caer stood up, her body stiff and ready for sleep, but she wouldn't let it. She had a good night tapping into a few dreams and the snake hadn't moved too much.
    "A mob? Why is there a mob?" she asked. Angry people do stupid things which they believe to be righteous. At the time. A smile grew on her face. This will be fun.
    She then slipped over to Corrin, who was busy looking for something.
    "What do you need?" she whispered. She needed him to need something. The serpent began to hiss again.

14. big soft moose

"You hung your bag of meat over the side" Aidan reminded Corrin dryly , "Assuming the kelpies haven't eaten it, it should still be there , course if you do fish a Kelpie out still attached don't be hanging on to it " he nodded towards Faer " , one shape shifter is sufficient to our needs"

He looked back to Faer "Brother" he said "put this strife between us aside, what I said last night still stands , no churchman will harm you" he smiled grimly "not least because if they shot at my friend Fiacre here, they are dead men already, they just haven't stopped breathing yet"

15. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Faer nodded his head in aknowledgement. "Thank you," he said. And don't be foolish, he thought. If the men are too numerous we need to sneak past them.

16. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Ben's sleep was interrupted by his anxiety more than actual dreams. Waking up and dressing had been much like his two days wondering whether or not to answer the call. He had finally finished, moving his sword to the outside of his cloak.

Word of the mob shifted his mind from nervousness to actual anger. Since their arrival to his land, the Christian invaders had waged a merciless war against the clans. Emboldened by righteousness they committed unspeakable acts of violence, tearing down old holy places and murdering women and children along with warriors. They had gutted and transformed the culture of his homeland in a frighteningly short time.

Ben was worried about the town and band that they might face. "Lady Gwydion. May I see that map and the note?"

17. gibble410

It was a while before Gwydion realized Bloduwedd was too deep in thought. She was too, as she had sat their for 16 hours, thinking. She almost forgot to speak after Aidan gave his report. "Thank you Aidan!" She said, and after Ben had spoken to her, sha hastily handed over Scrol and a map or two. "I don't have much to do with animate magic, so please hold on to them. To use Scrol just say what you want, and he will write or draw it!"

18. big soft moose

"just don't ask it it to explain how women think" Aidan added in jest, "lest we be here all week"

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  19. I.A. By the Barn

"Yes, and for men it would only take a minute," Caer said seriously. She couldn't keep her serious face though and a broad smile broke onto her face.

20. halisme

Corrin turned to face the gods, leaning against the surface as he spoke. "Unfortunately humans require food that is not rotting. As neither of you two were capable of doing anything, I had to find an alternate means. I apologise if my solution to your relative powerlessness attracts your ire." He finished, before heading up to the deck.

He picked up the former impromptu bag and examined it, finding that some of the white crystals he needed had formed, but probably not enough of them, so he put the hide back under, allowing more to collect before returning back down.

21. gibble410

The Mirage rocked a bit as it docked in the small port. Leading the others off the boat, Gwydion entered the small town. It was famous for the that stood on the opposite end of the street, The Church of Ireland. A blur passed as Caber sped down the street towards the 2 acre church.

"If you need to shop or do anything, do it now." Gwydion said, "I will meet you all at the church." And afters pushing her way through the peasants milling around the street, she arrived at the front door.

"Aye, that's locked that is." Said a rough voice behind her. A old fisherman stood, leaning on a post. "Its been closed for three days, nobody's been able to get inside." He said knowingly as he set off. Somehow, Gwydion thought with a smile, I think we will.

22. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

When they arrived at land, Faer quickly became a black cat. He went off the boat and quickly climbed to the roofs of the houses, jumpimg from one to another. Better make himself unseen, he thought. He reached a tree right over Gwydion and scaled down, until he was level with her.
    "If you need me to take a sneak inside the church I can. Otherwise, I am going to disappear for a while. But I will watch every step you take and follow you, my goddess."

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Blodeuwedd nodded to Aidan and told Oldowan to stay out of sight for the time being. When Gwydion told them they could look around or keep heading towards the church, Blodeuwedd did not have to think twice. He simply pulled up the hood of his flowing black cloak and followed close behind her. The only thing he cared about was the mission: saving the Big Three. Everything else was frivolous and could wait. There was already food and drink aplenty on the Mirage. What else could he need to buy? Clothes? His clothes were enchanted to repel dirt and mud, like most god's attire. It didn't matter if he kept them on for a whole year, they would be just as fresh as they were when he acquired them.

"Why is Caber running ahead of us?" Blodeuwedd asked Gwydion. "Does he plan to search the church without us?" If he does, I hope he gets stuck in a booby trap of some kind. That would serve him right. Maybe one of his legs will get chopped off. Then he'll be the God of Skipping, he he he.

gibble410 and I.A. By the Barn like this.
  24. I.A. By the Barn

Caer leapt off the ship, glad to be in the realm of humans again. Each and every one of these people would have delicious dreams and nightmares. However, she already had prey in her sights, Corrin and Ben, and perhaps even the puca, Faer. His dream was easy to know, he spoke it with every breath, but easy to give? She wasn't so sure on that one.
    She waited for Corrin hoping, this time, she would be able to get inside his mind.

25. big soft moose

Aidan comanded Fiacre to stay aboard where it was safe, then stepped ashore, as Gwydion mentioned errands he smiled grimly, he had an errand in mind all right but it had little to do with shopping He stepped away from the group saying " I will meet you at the Church, brothers. I have ... something I must do first"

He looked arround and saw the backs of two bowmen just entering the ale house , he smiled grimly and headed that way, his right hand loosening his sword in its scabbard