1. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

"The Cheshire Rebellion" Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Sclavus, Aug 27, 2017.

I've got no idea how long my current primary WIP is going to be, whether it will be a short story or a novella. I only know where I'm at on the hero's journey with it, around the end of step one, "The Ordinary."

My goal is to finish "The Cheshire Rebellion" by September 10th. That gives me two weeks to wrap it up. That gives me just over a day for each remaining stage. If I put in 40 hours a week, that's doable. So, I'll treat it like the full-time job I want it to be.

The downside has been that I don't have a computer. I have a piece of crap tablet that fights me when it comes to word processing. But, for the next two weeks, I'll have full-time access to a computer, and will hopefully be able to save enough for my own computer by next month.

My problem has also been discipline, hence the need for me to publicly declare my goals. Eight hours a day, five days a week. I'll be around the forum less, but that's okay, because as much as I like it here, it doesn't do me any good to not write.

VynniL and Lifeline like this.
  2. Sclavus

Sclavus Active Member

I miscalculated, but not by much. Let's see. If I need to finish this story in essentially 80 hours, that gives me just under eight hours to finish each stage of the hero's journey. I much prefer to work with a word count, but I've really no idea how long "The Cheshire Rebellion" is going to be. My first stage of the hero's journey was right around 8,000 words, so if all things are equal (they aren't), then that'd be 96,000 words, in which case I'm being entirely too optimistic about finishing in two weeks.

But today's goal is to just get the next stage, "The Call," finished. That should be easy enough. Today's schedule:

12:00 PM to 2:00 PM: Write.
    2:00 PM to 2:15 PM: Break.
    2:15 PM to 4:15 PM: Write.
    4:15 PM to 5:15 PM: Break.
    5:15 PM to 7:15 PM: Write.
    7:15 PM to 7:30 PM: Break.
    7:30 PM to 9:30 PM: Write.