1. Published on Amazon? If you have a book, e-book, or audiobook available on Amazon.com, we'll promote it on WritingForums.org for free. Simply add your book to our Member Publications section. Add your book here or read the full announcement.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  1. g_man526

g_man526 Member

The "Complain About Writing" Thread!

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by g_man526, Apr 23, 2013.

This thread brought to you by the need blow off steam every once in a while.

And who doesn't have to while writing? Everyone I'm sure has things they wish they did better. At this particular moment, for me it's I wish my dialogue was sharper. I realize that it's because I don't have a ton of practice, but I wish I could come up with the quality of some of my favorite books, movies, and whatnot. But hey.

And what is getting your goat, Writing Forums? Tell the world!

2. Nicki_G

Nicki_G Member

My playwriting teacher always told me that I have the gift of great dialogue.

But...

I need to use punctuation better. I'm always adding in too much or not enough; I need the happy medium people! I also need to work on detail...I suppose that's where the use of punctuation lies...

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We have a Not Happy thread in the Lounge for blowing off steam, and we'd rather not proliferate gripe threads.

4. g_man526

g_man526 Member

Oh crap, sorry.

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you can ask a moderator to lock this one, so it won't continue in the wrong place or compete with the existing one..