The Dragons of Hakon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Keitsumah, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

I watched something terrifying.

Now I'm sad.

Well interesting but terrifying so now I'm sad.

2. Kingtype

Not sure when I'll post on here.

But it will be soon

Must think

3. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Finally sent in my character sheet! Going to be very interesting.....:)

4. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

That it will be.

5. JessWrite

Name: Amara Thrash

Race: Human

Appearance: Amara stands at 5’4 and has slim, delicate features. Her curly golden blonde hair falls mid-back, though she usually wears it in a messy bun with a few loose curls framing her pixie-like face. Her eyes are a murky green with flecks of gold. Opposite to her sweet demeanor, she wears the attire of a scavenger; form fitting brown pants and white tunic revealing bare shoulders with a tight corset-style red vest. Leather boots and a black cloak complete her look. Various rings cover her fingers and she wears a golden necklace with an amethyst stone. She always has her large bow on hand and a shaft of bone arrows across her shoulder.

Personality: While bitterness and hatred rule in Amara's broken heart, her morality is clouded by revenge. She wishes to fill the void by murdering what hurt her deeply. Yes, she is the hunter of dragon vermin like her ancestors. Deceptive and flirtatious, she often acts as a clueless girl or damsel in distress to lure her prey. Only one problem. She has yet to actually succeed in killing a dragon, being more of an annoyance than a threat. Amara always appears to be in deep thought, but what about? No one must know.

Bio: Many years before, high in the mountains there lived a tribe of people. Concealed by the luscious forests surrounding them, these individuals hunted the mighty behemoths scattered over the land, destroying the peace. Each day the males of the tribe set out to protect their loved ones from these creatures. While some brave souls never returned, they were soon known as the ruthless dragon hunters.

Time passed as the renowned warriors each descended and authority fell to Nathiel Thrash, father of Amara. As the village constantly buzzed of death status and fighting techniques, Amara paid no heed. She had another goal in mind: to find true love. She would hardly lift a finger besides to meddle in village affairs or play matchmaker. She loved to pair up friends, hoping to be the cause of a blossoming romance. Such fun it was for her as she dreamed of a special man to walk through her door.

Soon enough he came. Her beauty and wittiness caught the attention of one by the name of Sullivan, the son of an Elder. Everything about him, from his charm and humor to his sincerity and boldness, Amara loved and fell for him instantly. After more time spent together, she was certain that he was the One, her own perfect match. Life with him seemed destined to be. Until that day...the day that no one must speak of.

Skills: Amara's weapon of choice is a finely crafted bow and shaft of arrows. She is skilled in archery and can stick a bullseye from a half mile away. Over time, she has harvested poison from a lazy Earth dragon in which she dips her arrows into. She also has several flammable arrows that she can light up with the coals of the fire dragon. While scouting dragon lairs, she has picked up valuable information regarding each species and tries to find ways to use their strength against them. With her size, Amara is quick to dodge and hide without use of a shield. She also knows healing magic practices, but only does so when necessary. Hidden within her belt, she has a small sword given to her from her father, but hardly uses it.

6. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

*looks at your guys's posts and faints* da heck!? i've never seen such huge posts in my life! lolz what have i unleashed?

7. Dras

Dras Active Member

lol your story just seems to pull the novelist out of us ;)

8. Keitsumah

hahaha! again i surprise myself

[MENTION=10381]losthawken[/MENTION] if you're still looking for a "novel" RPG look no further! just peek at the first page of this one! This is the perfect advertizement if you post it in the other threads you spoke of!

9. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

Can't have too much of a good thing. :cool:

For what it's worth, that was probably my last long one for a while. My posts tend to shorten once I start meeting people... which is exactly what's about to happen. (I'm lookin at you, Asune. Karen has a new prison buddy.) ;)

10. Keitsumah

lol, this gets more interesting by the hour

11. AnonyMouse

Where's everybody at? It's looking awfully quiet over here. :(

12. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

ikr? I am working on something with Dras but she had to go (and I wasn't on when she was)...

13. AnonyMouse

My dragon's currently underground, basically in hiding. I have an NPC in prison with Asune's character, if s/he is around. I have a plan to bust him out, but I want to let him sit for a while and interact with Karen, if possible.

Meanwhile, we're still waiting for Jess and King to join the party. Maybe they'll liven things up. ;)

[MENTION=47394]TheLeonard112[/MENTION]
    Is Camdin still in the forest and, if so, would you mind if I contacted him telepathically? A certain dragon may have an errand for him, if he's willing. And there's money in it. :p

14. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

[MENTION=6057]AnonyMouse[/MENTION] He is right on the brink of leaving, so sure. :p

15. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

[MENTION=6057]AnonyMouse[/MENTION]: THough can't, the original idea was for Markie's character to free her

But is good taht you said that, I'll re-read your post and see if at least interaction is possible

16. AnonyMouse

Alright, I'll get a post up soon. Unfortunately, I can only be on for another hour or so. Gotta get to bed and probably won't be back until about noon tomorrow, Eastern time (unless I squeeze in a post before work).

17. AnonyMouse

Markie?

18. Kingtype

I will free her.

19. JessWrite

I'll get a post up sometime too :) Just gotta think.

1 person likes this.
  20. Kingtype

Welp I posted

I hope you all liked it

21. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

[MENTION=6057]AnonyMouse[/MENTION]: Nyarlathotep reference xD
    [MENTION=42079]Kingtype[/MENTION]: Read your post, at first I was like, what the fuck with this guy?, then I was like poker face, then I laughed, a lot. The durarara ost was a great choice also

22. Keitsumah

lol, this is gonna be such a great game -oh and Mac since you've seen my world developing skills, i will try not to spoil anything for you but...

if what you saw before was anything to go on, you have not seen anything yet!

23. AnonyMouse

[MENTION=41109]Asune[/MENTION]
    I wanted something so ancient and incomprehensible we silly humans can't make sense of it, so I mashed "Nyarlathotep" and "Chtulu" together and threw in random consonants to fatten it up, LOL. :D But other than her name, and a penchant for driving people bonkers, Nya has almost nothing in common with a Lovecraftian deity.

Also, on an unrelated note, what's with the OSTs and such? Is that a thing now? It seems out of place on a writing site... but to each their own. I've been away from th RPG forum for a while. :confused:

24. Kingtype

[MENTION=12966]Anon[/MENTION]y:

Yes its a thing now.

Think it like setting us apart from novels or something. I don't know.

Well VN's have OST's...........but they are like novel video games.

25. Keitsumah

OST's just get the mood going for me -and i have yet to pick the correct music most of the time yet :redface: