The Dragons of Hakon: Sink or Swim

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Keitsumah, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

"I'm . . . his son."

Luna growled deep in her throat. The son of Void lay beneath her claws. With a simple snap of her jaws she could remove him from this world.

"This man is no enemy."

"He's the son of an unspeakable evil. Of course he's an enemy."

"Watch yourself. We don't wanna start anything," warned the dwarf. "This Void thing seems dangerous, we have someone who shares its power, he can help us. But don't raise your weapon towards anyone."

The mer-man did nothing to move his own spear away from the dragon. "So let him up. I can't speak for him, but I would help none of you if this is how you treat people whose aid you seek."

"I will not let him up. Not till I'm sure he is on our side and not that of his father's." Luna felt a cool hand on her neck and looked at Koya who'd shakily made her way over to them.

"I was in his mind." Koya said. "He didn't kill anyone. I felt his rage and disbelief at being condemned for a crime he didn't commit. He...he's not like his father." Her mind went back to the horrifying vision she'd had of Void. "No...he's not like him. Let him go, Luna."

The blue dragon hesitated for a long moment then finally released her foot from his chest. Her teeth continued to spark, however, warning Drake not to make any sudden moves.

2. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Calm Down

Camdin looked toward Kane and then toward Luna. Luna had released Drake, but she obviously still had no intention of trusting him.The dwarf was familiar with her name, because he had heard Koya call it out during the beach fight. Camdin kept his sword at Kane's throat. "Not everyone should be unfairly compared to their kin, plus he could be of assistance in taking down his father. He obviously isn't strong enough to fight us all, so if he tries to betray us, we attack him." he said not just talking to Luna but to the others also. Camdin took his sword from Kane's throat.

He smiled looking at Kane. "It seems these people are ready to fight." he thought. Even with the beach situation not turning out too well, these people seemed to be dangerous.

3. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Ah So Cooool!

"I'm . . . his son."

"Cooooooooooooool!" Blaine shouted as he'd been listening to the conversation from where he'd been lounging with with Karen and Amara.

"I don't remember The Void having kids last time he was around though. Not quite as sane as I once was either. Goes to show something scary can make beautiful things huh?" Blaine asked as he raised his hand in the air. Blaine's voice was uncaring to the weight of the situation. He was no stranger to The Void as a threat and nor was he a stranger to feelings that came with the world being at stake. Though his attitude at the moment seemed less then appropriate.

"Mister Drake doesn't seem to be much of a threat anyway.......or he could be plotting to kill us all......but I digress. So lets not get hostile sister." Blaine said nudging Luna's leg.

4. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

Kane

The dragon released its hold on the pinned man and the diminutive creature before Kane slowly lowered its blade before offering up a smile. The mer-man's own face was unreadable as he spun the weapon so that its point was safely up and the shaft once more rested in the crook of his arm. More of the group seemed to be gathering to put their two cents on the issue, but Kane had done his deed for the day and so was sated. He returned quietly to his recline against the rocky outcropping and resumed his silent inflection.

Inwardly, Kane mulled over some ideas on the nature of the father-son relationship that this particular encounter had brought back to the surface for him. He spit the bit of seaweed he had been chewing down onto the rocky ground and decided that his care for such matters amounted to just that.

5. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

Bins

"Son? It had kids?" Bins shook his head. "Make you wonder what kind of woman marries someone whose pickup lines are 'I once destroyed pretty much everything. Wanna date?'"

Brave words, but Bins was getting quite comfortable in his crevice. His eyes surveyed the crowd in the cave. Human. Dragon. Elf. Dwarf. Human. Dragon. Dragon. Talking bandages. Human. It was an interesting crowd. Bins didn't like to stay in one place too long, but hearing strange conversations about otherworldly forces and dark powers was entertainment enough for now.

His wandering blue eyes caught green ones and his spine froze. No way.

"Waffles!" he shouted, smile splitting his face. "Waffles up here!"

6. Kingtype

Waffles

The green eyed man with the creepily large smile which once again seemed to grow three sizes once he looked up.

"Waffles!" Bins shouted, smile splitting his face. "Waffles up here!"

"Ah Binsy there you are." Waffles said recognizing the ugly face he looked up at. "I'm ever so happy I found you but......um what are you doing up there?" The man known as Waffles asked as he walked closer to elf.

Waffles didn't actually care for the answer as he already knew that it had to do with his friend's cowardice.

7. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

Waffles was happy to see him! Well, Bins assumed so. Waffles wasn't ever UNhappy.

"I was thinking of taking a nap up here. What brings you here? Did you miss the fight?" Bins grinned, proud. His toes twiddled in anticipation of Waffles' response as he leaned forward to tell him: "I killed three monsters. With one arrow. It was pretty cool. But I'm... ah, not in a hurry to do it again. Heh heh."

8. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Amara

Amara sent a smoldering glare towards the mummy man, although he and everyone else were distracted. The truth had been set free, the truth of the man being the son of Void; a dragon.

"What a twist," Amara muttered. "Just what be needin', more dragons." She didn't give the appearance of being concerned on the outside, but inside her thoughts were running wild. A dragon...had helped her? Talked to her? Touched her? How could that be possible? Her delicate face scrunched as the truth was hard to process...to believe. The man couldn't be a dragon.

Brushing away her doubt, Amara turned aside to face the excited Karen. "Play, huh? If that's what you be wantin' to call it then, sure we can play...sometime." she said, forcing a smile in return.

9. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Israel

He had walked in with Jon, and then had sat quietly listening to the whole thing... Mostly. He had hunkered down in a corner, and was soon joined by Ezra who found his way into the cave, then squeezed himself into the same corner as Israel. It was a tight fit, but warm against the muskyness of the cave. He had a large leather bound journal out and was absently scratching down notes as he watched the back and forth.

This is so interesting, he thought at Ezra, careful to make it so that only he would hear.

Ezra simply nodded and looked bored. He didn't seem to have too much interest in the Void and who his son was.

10. TheLeonard112

ThatGuyWeKnow

Camdin watched as Amara entered the cave. It seemed they were still missing someone, but Camdin could not remember who it was. He brushed off the thought and got back to what was going on. It was obvious that Blaine was not human, he had been hinting at it the entire time. And Camdin was confused of how Drake turned into a human. But, he assumed that would all be explained in due time. He sat back against the cave walls, with his small body relaxing. He looked up at Drake and asked him to, "Please explain."

Camdin decided not to hide his sword, but only to lay it on the ground next to him for safety purposes. After he was done, Camdin planned to have Erde Welt swim away, to submerge himself underwater.

11. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"I don't remember The Void having kids last time he was around though. Not quite as sane as I once was either. Goes to show something scary can make beautiful things huh?"

"Son? It had kids?" Bins shook his head. "Make you wonder what kind of woman marries someone whose pickup lines are 'I once destroyed pretty much everything. Wanna date?'"

Drake's lip curled into a snarl, but he only sat up and leaned against the wall, other wise, he didn't show any other sign of aggression. "Tch -she was a plaything to him. I'm just his mistake, and he'll pay for that dearly." Unadulterated hatred welled up in his gaze for the black dragon, and he clenched and unclenched his clawed hand in front of his face, seeming to consider something.

"I can explain everything, but you'll all have to promise not to try and attack anything or anyone you see."

12. TheLeonard112

The Ballad Of The Lost Son

"Tch -she was a plaything to him. I'm just his mistake, and he'll pay for that dearly."

Camdin looked at Drake. His eyes were fill with sorrow, he wasn't sure whether to trust the child or not, but he hated when someone disowned their father. Even if their father hated them, you are still apart of him, and you were put here for a reason. Never regret your father or yourself. Camdin turned his head toward Drake and gave him a stare. "Don't call yourself a mistake. We are all here for a reason. And yours..." he said pointing at Drake "..could be to help us defeat your father."

13. Kingtype

Bad Advice

"Don't call yourself a mistake. We are all here for a reason. And yours..." Candim said pointing at Drake "..could be to help us defeat your father."

Blaine sent a glare at Candim. "That's a terrible thing to say. Who wants to live just so they can defeat their father?" Blaine asked but a smile could be seen cracking through his mask.

It was time to inform Mister Drake of the ways of his teaching. "Mister Drake you seem to be a small town boy who took a midnight dragon going anywhere. You're working hard to get that kill taking risk at your life. But you see some are born to win, some born to lose and others are born with the blues.....like you."

Blaine incoherent rambling was far from over. "And even though your hatred for your father is never ending. The fact he's is your father will go on, and on, and oooon!" The mummy put his free arm around Drake. "Get it?"

14. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Ignoring the surrounding discussion as she didn't understood what was going on Karen got close to Draken. Her hand slowly reached his masked face and touched the mask, after that she asked.
    "What is this Iaga?, is like people but have different face, is a Blaine too, Iaga?"

She then turn her face toward Blaine and then again to Drake, after that she did it again, and a third time only to realize that there was nothing similar between both.

"Is not a Blaine, Blaine?. What is he, what is a Void? Karen wanna know!!!" demanded the girl excited as usual.

JessWrite likes this.
  15. NeonFraction

NeonFraction New Member

Bins

I can explain everything, but you'll all have to promise not to try and attack anything or anyone you see.

Bins quirked a smile. "Yes, because my first instinct when confronting danger is 'attack!'" He shrugged. "Actually, I don't think anyone here has much emotional investment in the void except for you. I mean, yeah, it sounds scary and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it, but even if it's destroyed everything, we're part of everything and none of us are dead."

He paused.

"Except maybe the mummy. Why is no one as freaked out about that as I am?"

16. Keitsumah

Drake's mouth firmed behind the mask. "My hatred for him is not only my own. I will show you, then." he rumbled, stepping back and towards the back wall of the cave. "Again, i warn you, do not attack or attempt anything to deal with what you shall see. It is all an illusion."

His whole body seemed to tense, then he rose to his full height, arms spread wide. His golden eyes began to glow as he focused on something in his own mind, and the shadows around the cavern seemed to flicker and dance with the light.

"Chaotic Light." he breathed, his voice deep and melodic as a ball of energy coalesced within his clawed hand.
    "Illusory Sight." another, brighter ball appeared in his human hand.

Then, both orbs expanded, slowly filling the room until the walls and floor were completely smooth and unblemished, and appeared to be only darkness. The illusion had already begun, for if someone would feel around, they would discover the invisible rocks or walls-hence his saying not to try and attack. They might hurt themselves.

Then, light pervaded the area, and everyone could see through the eyes of a dragon as it flew high in the air over a burned and blackened plain, volcanoes exploding every which way and threatening to burn the dragon had it not swerved to avoid the embers.

"This is my mother's memory -the last time Void was awake.." Drake rumbled in explanation, then focused on the illusion again.

Looking to one side, Drake's mother could see a long neck, and then a near-insubstantial face. A dragon made of light.

He was watching the ground, and as Drake's mother turned as well, they could see a massive seven-headed water dragon crawling over the earth alongside a massive earth dragon, her whole body seeming to be consisted of soil, clay and sand. So fragile... but as they watched, a volcano blasted a limb off, and she didn't even seem to react other than to keep hobbling forward. The earth below coiled up and connected, creating a new limb for her, and she moved on, seemingly determined to reach the same destination as the others.

The dragon made of light bugled as a wing dragon appeared above them, creating a powerful current with the force of its wings that assisted their flight. A fire dragon appeared not long after, fire literally clinging to its scales as it created a heated updraft for them to fly higher.

"Are you ready, sister?" the light dragon asked Drake's mother, and she nodded.

"Yes, brother."

17. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

Just to be clear... I have no idea where I am.
    Alright, fact checking time... I am in a boat. Out in a lake or ocean.... And there's an island juuuust ahead of me. I can catch the scent of something, but, I'm not sure what.... Might be a bad idea to go there.
    I check the map, then look at the stars. They both tell me the same thing.
    I'm a lost wolfman.

18. Keitsumah

The deafening roar of evil itself shattered the air, and the scene whirled as her head snapped around to see Void ear his huge, ugly head from the earth.

"Void."

The fire dragon beneath her roared, locking his wings to his sides and curving into a dive -a commet hurtling from the atmosphere.

"Kill him! Once and for all!" the bellow came from the wind dragon, and he clapped his wings to his flanks as well, lightning crackling along his length.

All of the dragons roared, claws and teeth bared as they attacked-

Suddenly the air rippled in the cavern, and Drake gritted his teeth behind the mask. What was going on? The magic was growing stronger -uncontrollable. But this wasn't the kind of spell that was supposed to grow -just show what had been seen before!

Deep beneath the earth where Void lay slumbering, his muzzle curled in a vile grin.

They were all being sucked into the vision -would all live it in their minds, their real bodies trapped by his spell. Whoever died would never awaken, and whoever lived....

Each dragon felt their mind placed in the body of their counterpart -this was no longer a battle of two light, a water, a wind, an earth, and a fire dragon. It was their battle alone.

Well, he'd know they would be worth his time in this game.

19. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Luna roared in pain as her body slammed into that of a fellow dragon. What was this? Drake said the vision wasn't real...but this...this was real. She could feel the wind underneath her wings. Feel the fire of dragon's breath around her and could smell the smoke and ash rising from the volcano. And worse she saw the Void. The evil black dragon with purple eyes.
    A voice called into her mind. Koya. She looked down. Her rider was standing on the ground waving her arms up at her. This shouldn't be happening. Luna dove down and Koya jumped upon her back.
    "What's happening, Luna!? This heat is unbearable." Koya coughed as ash flew into her lungs. Her scarf did little to filter the air.
    "I don't know. Maybe Drake lied...maybe he's trying to kill us...but this magic. It doesn't feel like his. It's ancient and evil."
    "Void?"

Neither of them wanted to admit it. How could Void be so powerful he reached them from beneath the earth and turn a vision into reality? The dragons in front of them were fighting for their lives against Void. They fought together as one and in a way it was awe-inspiring.
    "Should...should we help them?" Koya asked hesitantly. She had no desire to get close to the black dragon. She was already going to have nightmares about this.
    "I don't know. If this is a memory...will us helping even affect anything? And this vision...it feels to real. What if we were to be injured or killed here in our minds. Would we wake up or..." Luna didn't finish her thought but Koya knew what she meant.
    "Let's find, Drake." They thought at the same time.

JessWrite likes this.
  20. TheLeonard112

What Is That?

Camdin watched in silence as the Void made its head visible from under the Earth. Very swiftly after, it pulled the rest of its body from the underground tomb it had been trapped inside. His dark green eyes seemed uneasy at the presence of the beast. He could feel its energy flowing over his body like the blast of an explosion. Yet, he was not blown off his feet. Camdin understood that this minor illusion was nothing compared to being near the monster in person.

The dwarf looked toward the threat of them all, he would not fall when he faced it. Camdin understood that by the time they met face to face with the beast, he would be used to its energy, and that Segnung would help him stand to it. Though, the brown haired dwarf knew he could not do it alone. He thought of all the people he had met today,would they even consider fighting this entity.

"My presence is here, but I am not physically in the illusion." said Erde Welt to his dwarven companion.

Camdin shook his head in understanding. "Let's get outta here." he exclaimed lowly. At that instant mud formed under Camdin, wrapping itself around his black boots. This slide of mud began to move quickly, and in the opposite direction of the Void.

"How the hell do we get outta here?" Camdin asked himself.

21. Keitsumah

Luna and Koya flew over to where Drake was in this realistic illusion. "Drake!" The blue dragon growled as she landed next to him. "What is the meaning of this!? This illusion is no longer just an illusion... is it?"

Drake groaned, rubbing at his head, then glared in the direction of where Void was currently battling the other dragons from the past. "No, this isn't a normal illusion. Void, even in this state, can still mess with our minds. He can drive creatures insane, and even threaten our very lives by making us think we are alive in even an illusion. This is why we must destroy him before he fully awakens. If he had the mind to, i think he could just drive us all insane, but i can tell that he enjoys playing with us more-" Drake raised up his draconian hand to look at it. "-our magic is bound, and though i hate to say it, i may be able to anticipate what he does at times if its bad enough. I may also be able to repel some of his attacks -like how i controlled the Insectizeals on the beach, but that took a lot out of me. I can't do any more magic for the time being." his voice dropped to a low, frustrated growl and he pounded his fist into the dirt.

"If only i was in my true form . . ."

"There must be something we can do to get out of this illusion!" Koya exclaimed, her voice filled with fear.

"If there is, i have no idea..." Drake said, then glanced over at the fighting dragons. His eyes widened. "It's an illusion, right? An illusion from the past. So if it plays out, and we all survive, we may be able to get out!"

"If there is no other way then I suppose we have no choice." Luna replied solemnly. Her mind probed that of her rider's. "Are you alright, my friend?"
    "I'm scared."
    Koya replied into the mind of her dragon. "But knowing there might be an end to this helps. Besides...I know you'll protect me."
    Luna chuckled audibly. "You know I always do." The blue dragon turned her attention back to Drake. "We need to warn the others."