1. MythMachine

MythMachine Active Member

The Dream Pool

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MythMachine, Oct 13, 2017.

I came up with this idea for a thread after having a pretty vivid nightmare last night, so, basically, you post any notable dreams you can remember or comment on the dreams of others. Perhaps someone's dreams can serve as inspiration or just as a good laugh! Now, the dream doesn't have to be one from the previous night, just any dream you've ever had that had impact on you. I know some people can't remember the entirety of their dreams, but even if it's just a snippet or particular moment that impacted you. It could even just be a particular character, whether it's a person or animal. I get a lot of inspiration for my stories from my dreams, so hopefully someone can get benefit from another person's dreams in the same way, though I can't say whether that's possible or not...

So to start things off, I'll throw down the nightmare I had. I won't get all fancy or proper with the wording, since it's not a coherent story, but here goes.

The dream started off intense, with me and a group of people making our way through a parking lot while some sort of large bat-like monster was following us in the air. The group I was with consisted of a friend, a cousin, Mila Jovovich, Charlie Sheen, and three other randoms. Now I probably saw Mila because I was reading an article yesterday on the top grossing horror movies of all time, and her Resident Evil movies were on there three times (gag), but I'm not sure why Charlie was there. Anyway, as we ran, ahead we could see a tower with windows, and a large building, possibly an office building.

Before we could get to the buildings, my friend was snatched up by the bat monster and taken to the top of the tower. We all decided it would be best not to try and save him, and instead headed for the office building. RIP friend. Another notable actor pulled up in a truck, but I can't remember which actor it was, so they can't have been THAT notable. In typical horror movie fashion, instead of all of us getting in the truck and driving away into the night, we still went toward the office building. I think the reasoning was that some of use would have been exposed to attacks from the monster in the bed of the truck.

Finally we arrived at the building and proceeded outside. The bat creature had started soaring around again, looking for us, but luckily we were already under the cover of the building by the time it took flight, so it couldn't find us. I distinctly remember the sight of the monster's shadow flickering across the asphalt parking lot before we shut the doors. Inside, we noticed the power was out, so taking up the lead, I suggested we split into two groups of five to investigate the rooms of the building. One of the others commented there were only eight of us left, so I corrected myself to say two groups of four. Who needs Math?

We split up, and I took along my cousin, Mila, and one of the randoms through the dark complex. In one of the rooms, I found a flashlight, while my cousin found a dog meandering about. I think it was a St. Bernard, but it was very shaggy and dirty, like it had been living there for months by itself. Regardless it was a very sweet dog, and I remember just petting it and hugging it for a few minutes before we continued on. It followed us of course.

As we entered a sort of office space, we heard a distinct thud coming from above us, which had my heart racing. I think the dog might have whimpered then. As we made our way through the room, we could hear the monster starting to move through the ventilation shafts above, Xenomorph style, so I signaled to the others to get down, shut up, and don't move. I was stock still, breathing as slow as I could, as the monster crashed down into the room a few yards from me. For some reason, even though the power should have been out, the computer screen flickered on and the monster saw me.

The last thing I remember, I was running for the door. I had to find a passage back to the place I was before. "Relax" said the Bat-Man, "We are programmed to receive. You can check out any tim-"

Okay, that last part didn't happen, just felt like referencing the Eagles.

Still, I remember waking up to the glow of my phone as my alarm was going off, still thinking it was the computer screen, and my dog was scratching at something at the same time, so I thought the dream wasn't over. Not the scariest nightmare I've had, but it was pretty good.

Catrin Lewis likes this.