The Dream Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SonnehLee, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Last night's dream went like this:

FIrst there was a boat. At least 30 or 40 footer. I think it sank while it was tethered.

There was some strange creature that looked like a cross between a sea cucumber and hedgehog. I took the creature with me thinking I was saving it.

Then I was going to school. Lots of dreams about school lately. I still had the sea cucumber thing with me. The house that I lived in was an antique Craftsman style house. My dad had repainted the inside. He had done a good job and I liked it even though he had painted most of the woodwork, which in real life would have been a crime.

2. debs

debs New Member

I dreamed last night that my long-lost love that I never expressed my interest to came back into my life.

Unfortunately, although he was amazed when I told him my secret longing for him...... he had married since.

He just wished I had spoken sooner.

I wonder if that means I should take more chances in life?

3. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

There were a whole bunch of these little bunny/guinea pig critters. Most of them didn't have eyes..or at least has fused eyelids. I was with a few other people. We were sorting them. The ones with eyes had big brown adorable eyes. The others obviously didn't. The ones that didn't we would take a pair of scissor and cut a little hole where their eyes should be. They looked horribly mutilated compared to their normal counterparts. I kept asking myself why I was doing this...cutting these little creatures who still couldn't see and now had little bloody holes in their faces. One of them crawled away. I crawled after it and picked it up. When I saw its tummy...I noticed that is had a huge, fresh surgery scar running up the chest from the tummy. The white fur was all stained yellow like from iodine. Someone tried to tell me it was from being spayed...but the incision was in the wrong place. I was horrified wondering what was being done to these animals...all I remember.

Last night I had a "trying to find a toilet" dream. Pretty common for me. In this one..I finally found on in the middle of a store. I was curtains all around it and I pulled them shut...but the line for checkout backed up so far the people were coming to the little toilet area to stand in line. I was sitting there yelling at people to get out and give me som privacy. At least stand outside the curtain. The clerk said that paying customers had priority and I had to just pee in front of them. Three of the people in line were in the show I am doing,but I can only remember one. He was in his Tranio disguised at Lucentio costume. He took pity on me and ushered everyone out. I was SO embarrassed. All I remember.

4. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I had a dream last night that I was at a family reunion. Nothing exciting at first, just your every day, run of the mill family gathering. Then my cousin, Kaleb (my favorite cousin), and I went to rent movies. For some strange reason, I went outside to pull the car up while he paid, and while I was driving up, these guys with machine guns went into the video store and started shooting. I tried to pull up and find Kaleb so I could get him out, but I couldn't see him anywhere in the store. Drove around outside the store hoping that he ran out before they shot him, but he wasn't anywhere. Finally, I went back to where the rest of the family was staying to tell them what happened, but no one seemed to care. It was like nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Weirded me out, man...

5. Wreybies

Two dreams last night.

1) I was in a car with Maia. I've no idea where we were other than it was at an
    intersection of a city block. There were tall buildings. In front of us, a car failed
    to hit its breaks and pretty much used the car in front of it as a ramp and flew
    into the air causing a massive set of accidents to occur at this intersection.

2) I was going to a goth party. I had gotten all my goth gear ready and I was
    trying to get up to my city (again with the city) apartment to finish getting ready.
    I could fly in this dream. That's all I really remember. It was a very cool
    apartment.

6. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

hmmm, the car accident is a symbol of an omen or a warning, nt that its necessarily true, but thats how the mind communicates concerns to us.

the goth party might be an expression of freedom, and flying in dreams is ofen sexual repression or something a rather.

I looked it up and its claimed that car wrecks in dreams are a metaphor for something in disorder in ones life

and the city is often linked with people, such as their opinions of us, their acceptance of us, and so on.

But what do I know, this is just a small hobby or fascination of mine. I just think that dreams are really cool, and I love hearing about the dreams of others.

7. jonathan hernandez13

jonathan hernandez13 Contributor Contributor

I had a weird dream where I was a kid again, but I was like a little greaser kid from a 50's movie or a John Travolta flick. I was wearng a little leather jacket, I had slicked back hair like one of the jets from the west side story and a really bad attitude.

I was at what was apparently a church, I remember being in what looked like a congregation hall with a giant Christian type cross. There was at least one other kid there, although we appeared to be alone. I did something very rotten to him, I cant remember what. I either stole his toy or pushed him around, I basically bullied him.:cool:

I then showed utter disrespect for the Lord by jumping around the church like a jungle jim, of course the church literally was transforming into some kind of play themed architecture with bars and beams to jump on.

I ended up outside the structure and before what looked like a large soccer type field such as at a large school, or at a public park. I want to say that it was at some kind of school, but there was a collection of both kids and adults (there parents no doubt).

The kids were all dressed up like at a rennaissance fair, with elaborate costumes, some of them were actually dressed up like mythical creatures with swords and axes and halberds, it was weird. They kids were singing some kind of weird epic song, which faded into the theme music from The Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe movie:D. It could have been a fan meet for the movie, and maybe they were dressed up to reenact the battle at the end of the film.

Something in me wanted to join, but I promptly ducked out and away and ran for a bus stop for some reason.:confused:

I can only conclude that there is an aspect of my psyche that misses youth and is obsessed with it. Also, that I am playing too much Dungeons and Dragons.

8. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

I and several others were stranded in another world..a dream world. If we ate anything, changed clothes, had sex..whatever...we would become trapped there...but the "people" in charge (who looked like demons and cartoons and weird things) wouldn't let us leave anyway. One by one, each person I was with was seduced by something or someone...and became one of the people of this world. The "People" tried to convince me to join them...they showed me one of my companions who was a man now dressed in pink stripes and other outrageous things. They said he was happy and I would be too if I joined them. Where we were was inside a large building. It had a pool (swimming would also make you stay). There were chairs all along the walls. It was here that we waiting to be released...and they were waiting for us to give in. There was a dark skinned man on the last chair by the door. He said that being on the end, he at least had more room. IT was then I noticed the door. I used it and went outside...farther into the dream world...but I hoped away from the pressure to join them. Outside it was gray...not like black and white photo gray but like the color saturation level was turned down. There were people wandering around. Most of them were washed out too. I wandered the streets for a while. No one noticed me. It looked like a regular community only without color. There were flowers and lawn decor and everything...but washed out. Then I saw a geranium that was fully colored. A woman with a wheelbarrow came by and pulled the plant up by the roots and dumped it in the pot. "Some things here are still alive," She said, "You have to keep them safe."

Then I woke up

9. InkDream

InkDream Active Member

Crazy Dreams

Sometimes I wish there were a camera recording the things I see in my sleep. Crazy, funny, bizarre stuff.

Post your weirdest, funniest, or whatever-ist dream.

Most recently for me, Geckozilla. Giant geckos (that eat people) took over the country. It started in Manhattan and spread--I think they came from the oceans. It was nuts, you should've been there.

10. LadyLazarus

LadyLazarus New Member

Hmm, when I was small - eight or nine I think - I used to have a recurring dream that a Gorilla told me not to annoy it, so I did. Then it turned into Darth Maul - from Star Wars - and ate me. It's amusing to recount now, but as a child it terrified me! I still can't watch Star Wars Episode I alone. *Shudders*

I recently had a dream in which everyone I care about told me they hated me and threw buttons at me. It was horrible.

11. HorusEye

HorusEye Contributor Contributor

Only once in my life, I dreamt that I died. I was on the top floor of a skyscraper, while the room I was in appeared to be the waiting area in an airport. Gravity started feeling odd, and I soon realized the whole building was tipping over.

I slided down along the rows of seats, towards the tall windows, through which I saw the ground coming up towards me rapidly. Then we crashed down, and I was conscious just long enough to feel everything becoming dark and distant.

Most strangely, this wasn't a nightmare. I felt doomed, but just a little. Like a little fear of going into unfamiliar territory. Most of all, I felt that things were going to be all right.

12. hiddennovelist

I had a dream the other night that I was closing at work, and all of a sudden a big group of people started just blatantly breaking in while I and my closing team were standing right there. I was like "ok, no, this is not cool. I'm calling the police." Pulled out my phone, started to dial, and this huge guy tackled me to keep me from calling. As I tried to fight him off, all of the big, tough guys on my team just stood there and watched.

I had a stern talking to with them when I went into work the next day. They promised to have my back in the event that this happened in real life.

13. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

Only recent dream I can remember was a bad one about my house being on fire. Being possessed of a vivid imagination is not always a good thing - my brain supplied way too many details. Smells, hundreds of sounds. . . . And every time I went back to sleep that dream started again. I'm usually too tired to dream, though, so that doesn't happen often, thankfully.

Cheers,

lavendershy

14. Sylous

Sylous New Member

I had this weird one a few months ago where I was at Twin Falls on The Road to Hana in Maui (highly recommend going if you haven't) and this tiny bird kept flying around my face chirping. The next thing I knew I was standing in the middle of a field with Leonardo DiCaprio and he was showing me how to properly knit shoe boxes out of a banana leaf. The tiny bird came back but this time it had Paris Hilton's face. The Paris bird started yelling at me in Chinese.

That dream has stuck with me for a while.

15. Colorheart

Colorheart New Member

My strangest dream was when i was about 6. It was a dream about me, my sister and my two brothers running around in our basement, being chased by rats. In our laundry room there was a mama cat and she was going to eat her baby. We couldn't save it because there were mousetraps in the doorway and rats as guards. First my oldest brother tried to save it. He got caught in the traps. Then My older sister.i ran upstairs to tell my stepmom, but she was too busy talking to my grandfather. I went down stairs and my other brother was caught in the traps. It ended with me running for the baby cat, who was being sprinkled with salt.
    Odd hey?

16. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I had a dream once where the world was ending. Me and my best friend and a lot of other people were standing on top of a really tall building in New York City, looking down on the "Day After Tomorrow"-esque stuff going on. All of a sudden there was a huge earthquake, and the building started to split apart with a horrible metal screeching sound. We all quickly jumped to one side or the other, but as the split got wider more people fell through.

I can remember the horrible feeling of falling through that split, past all the torn metal and plummeting to the street. *shiver*

17. LibraLass

LibraLass New Member

I have extremely vivid dreams. There's a wide range from completely bizarre to incredibly complex and involved. Sometimes they are so real, I don't know I'm dreaming until I wake up. My dreams are definitely a fantastic source of inspiration for me. I just wish there were a way to record them so I could play them back later.

18. Unsavory

Unsavory Active Member

I'd like to do an offshoot of this thread called "The Boring Dream Thread." Everyone always posts the most insanely cool dreams they've had, but where are the dreams that are so mundane as to be fascinating in how boring they are?

One time I dreamed that I wanted to go to the grocery store, but upon looking at the clock, it was 11:12 and the store in question closed at 11:00. I was then disappointed and decided to instead watch tv.

19. hiddennovelist

^I wish my dreams were like that.

For the past five nights, I've had dreams about zombies. It has progressed from the first dream where I was like "Oh my god, zombies! What do I do?" to the last dream, where I had been trained to fight zombies and worked as a scout to investigate where the most zombies were located, which areas were safe and which we needed to go into and destroy the zombies. My assistant manager and I have a plan in case these dreams prove to be foreshadowing. We will survive the zombie invasion.

20. Wreybies

Last nights major dream was a mix of BSG and Stargate.

I dreamed I was on the Galactica, but it had taken the form of a giant rambling Greek villa. Starbuck was there and she and I were practicing fight maneuvers.

We discovered little robot thingies that were in all different shapes and configurations and we had sealed them into little plastic containers to keep them under control.

One of them escaped and we couldn't find it.

Then in the backyard I noticed that there were locusts. I knew that the locusts were the offspring of the little robot thing that had escaped (kinda' like the replicators of Stargate)

We sounded the red alert (so Star Trek) and we closed all the windows to not allow the locusts back into the ship/house.

President Roselin and I were at the back door when we ordered everyone back into the ship/house and suddenly the locusts all formed together into one giant locust and was trying to come in. I ran outside to help the last of the people inside and noticed that the locusts had eaten away the controls to the pool pump that was out back.

Yeah.

Kinda' all over the place.

21. jlauren

jlauren New Member

I had a dream that turned into a story once. I dreamt about a woman who was married to a blind man, but he wasn't always blind. He was made that way through an accident and she had to help him re-adjust. In my dream, they we're out at a restaurant with friends and she was leading him inside (must have been before he was fully adjusted to being blind). One of the people there said to her, "You guys still come out and do normal things together...even though he's blind. That must be tough for you." And the woman replied, "Well, he's blind, not dead. We still have a life."

When I woke up, I was truck by the strength of that woman...she was determined not to let his disability ruin their lives. So I started writing about her. I haven't finished it though and not sure if I ever will. I think I wrote everything I needed to, and now it's out of my system.

22. Jester

Jester New Member

I usually do not dream. However, I have had a dream every night this month. It has always involved me running from someone (or several someones). In many of those dreams, I have died or woken up shortly before I would have died (i.e., I wake as I'm falling off a high cliff).

23. jlauren

jlauren New Member

Did you know that when you dream you are falling, it's supposed to mean this:

"As with most common dream themes, falling is an indication of insecurities, instabilities, and anxieties. You are feeling overwhelmed and out of control in some situation in your waking life. This may reflect the way you feel in your relationship or in your work environment. You have lost your foothold and can not hang on or keep up with the hustle and bustle of daily life.�When you fall, there is nothing that you can hold on to. You more or less are forced toward this downward motion without any control. This lost of control may parallel a waking situation in your life."

Falling dreams also often reflect a sense of failure or inferiority in some circumstance or situation. It may be the fear of failing in your job/school, loss of status, or failure in love.�You feel shameful and lack a sense of pride. You are unable to keep up with the status quo or that you don't measure up.

Pretty fun on hey...

24. lavendershy

lavendershy New Member

I had a lucid dream a couple nights ago - the first one for me. I'm still enthusiastic about that. (smiling) I don't know if lucid dreaming has already been discussed on here and I don't have time to read through all fifteen pages, so lucid dreaming is where you realize that you're in a dream and can thus control it. I decided to fly in mine, so I did. Awesome feeling, really. (still smiling)

Cheers,

lavendershy

25. Jester

Jester New Member

I've heard similar things. In my dreams, I've also been drowned, shot, and--just last night--stabbed.