1. ketanco

ketanco Member

Capitalization question

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by ketanco, Jul 31, 2017.

Is the capitalization correct in the following sentences:

"Deep Learning, is a subset of Machine Learning, which brings a new approach"?

and

"The other components include: Internal RAM, Timer, Interrupt Circuits, Accumulator."?

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Do you have a style guide for wherever this is being written for?

I'm a technical writer and many companies use capitals incorrectly to make certain concepts or things look important. But I'm in charge of style for my company and I would eliminate nearly all of your capitals--capital letters interrupt the flow and make sentences harder to read.

For my company I would write:

"Deep learning is a subset of machine learning, which brings a new approach [to...?]."

and

"The other components include internal RAM, a timer, interrupt(ed?) circuits, and an accumulator."

3. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

If the other components include these four items, do they include any others?

The way it's written, it sounds like an exhaustive list, so I'd suggest "The other components comprise internal RAM, a timer, interrupt circuits, and an accumulator."