1. cynthia_1968

cynthia_1968 Active Member

Hello world

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cynthia_1968, Jun 18, 2014.

My name is Cynthia, and I love to write stories. I live in The Netherlands - born and raised nearby Amsterdam - and I normally only write in my own native language (Dutch).

But now I'm working on the translation of one of my stories into English, and I decided to subscribe myself on your site, to get to know you from all around the world, and I also hope that some of you - those who love horror stories - are willing to read some of the chapters that I will try to translate regularly. If you're willing to share your thoughts with me than it's a plus!

My hobbies, besides writing, are:
    programming (PHP/MySQL), cooking, playing the guitar (a mixture between Jimi Hendrix and Heather Nova), photography (landscapes, people in general and animals).

I'm married, have three children, and I'm a bit of a nerd.

My favorite writers: Philip K. Dick, Clive Barker and Stephen King.

My favorite quote (by Jimi Hendrix) : "The story of life is hello and good-bye until we meet again."

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, cynthia, and welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide, participate, and have fun.

You'll find others here who do the kinds of things you do. For example, I'm an engineer who often has to program (though most of my work is in embedded systems), and I, too, play guitar (mostly folk-rock with a strong Mark Knopfler influence). There are other programmers and musicians among us, too! Listen carefully and you'll here us all jamming through the WiFi! :)

3. cynthia_1968

cynthia_1968 Active Member

Thank you Minstrel!

It's nice to meet creative minds with the same interests like I do and perhaps one day we can all jamming together through the WIFI, perhaps with a Youtube play list of creative minds with as topic "writingforums.org"?

I had once a "cd-project" for Heather Nova fans in '04. Fans, mostly from Europe, where uploading their Heather Nova covers on the site and one day; I gave the CD to Heather Nova herself when she was in Amsterdam because of the presentation of her album Redbird.

Anyway, it's great to see that there's an English site for creative minds. For Dutch people, there's also a site, similar to writingforums.org, where you can publish your own short stories and read stories of other people. It's less fancy though.

Anyway, I've learned a lot from feedback - which truly is a great help - and it gave me an idea, whether I'm "good enough" to give it a try. I'm now at a point of publishing my first book, and I thought to myself: let's see if there's a site for the English language...

And then I came across writingforums.org. I feel like home. Even more than the Dutch site....

Until '07, I was a lot on MySpace, but since they deleted user groups, I decided to move away from MySpace... even though I came in contact with some interesting people and got my first English short story published in a US magazine. Which was really awesome?!

TTFN
    Cynthia