The Fall of Terrafel

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Forgotten_Memories, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Na' watched to see where the halfling and his group would go before making himself known. He's spent the last hour or so watching the group deal with the summoners, they'd done a fine job of it.

He stepped out of the shaddows into their path arms raised.

"Halt!" he ordered. "Your going the wrong way. The Trade district is over run with those sykis bastards and their demons."
    He waited for them to take it in before continuing.

"I suggest we head to the Nobles quarter, it would have been better defended and less occupied."

2. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

"Oh! And I am Bella Artire. This is my kitty cat, Masamune, and these two are Noveen and The Shop Owner. Oh, but it'd probably be best to keep moving, not quite the greatest time for pleasantries is it?"

Golful'gar looked at the girl who was speaking. He hadn't been paying much attention to what had been previously said, but did now. He pointed to each person in sequence.

"Belle, catteh, Noveen, Shop Owna." He made a mental note to remember each of their names.

"Noh gud time fo pleasantry, but fer introductions." He said, and pointed to himself, "Golful'gar. If we's gonna be movin' tagetha, I'd loik the rest of yer names. Else I'll jus' calls ya how I sees ya."

3. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

"Oh, but it'd probably be best to keep moving, not quite the greatest time for pleasantries is it?"

"Noh gud time fo pleasantry, but fer introductions. I'm Golful'gar. If we's gonna be movin' tagetha, I'd loik the rest of yer names. Else I'll jus' calls ya how I sees ya."

Everyone introduced themselves for the giant's sake.

"Right," Dalia sighed, "let's move out." These three - and their robot - would be a great addition to the group. She would need as many people as she could get. But, looking at this girl, Bella, Dalia knew she wasn't going to be able to lead them as originally intended. Bella's clothes, accent, posture - everything - reeked of Termirian high class. She had definitely been raised here, and that meant she definitely knew her way around as well. The trade quarter's train station was in the exact opposite direction.

"Halt!" , as voice called from behind a stand as an elven figure approached,
    "you're going the wrong way. The Trade district is overrun with those Sykis bastards and their demons."

Who is this guy? Dalia thought to herself. How did he know they were Sykis disciples? The man travelled light, and wore a robe. From first sight Dalia would have thought him to be a mage, but what would a mage be doing in Termir, and more importantly, what was his allegiance?

"I suggest we head to the Nobles quarter, it would have been better defended and less occupied."

With that she could agree. The Noble's quarter was a lot closer to Crown Square. She looked up at the sky. The holes the acolyte on the airship had cut into the sky were still there - they seemed to have grown larger. This wasn't a good sign.

Broggen elbowed Dalia in the thigh, clearly annoyed, "quit standing there and lead the way before more of them guard folk or demons turn up!"

She nodded, turning her attention back to the task at hand and ran towards the Noble's quarter.

4. Alexander Wallis

Alexander Wallis New Member

Kilth ran with the group, rather awkwardly for the Giant took up most of the street space. They ran down alleys until they finally came out on a wide open street with dozens of little Demons lying about. He approached slowly with his group as he saw the other group of people.

"Well, we were attacked by some evil dust bunnies, but they've been dealt with.”

“I really don’t think these things are dust bunnies,”

A little conflict in their group already, the leader doesn't really care, or at least she pretends not to care. Kilth put up his bow as he grew used to being surrounded by so many different Races, it took a certain getting used to with the Dwarf. Just so small. But his attention was quickly turned away, he began to examine the other group. Mostly girls, the leader had her legs naked from tears in his dress, "I quite like the view from here."

5. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

Broggen elbowed Dalia in the thigh, clearly annoyed, "quit standing there and lead the way before more of them guard folk or demons turn up!"

She nodded, turning her attention back to the task at hand and ran towards the Noble's quarter.

Clairc remained silent as they ran, still not comfortable with this multiracial group. The Shopkeeper. Sounded like something out of a cliche adventure story he read in his youth. Then again, it seemed to suit the situation. He was battling demons after all.

Clairc looked back over his shoulder. Sure enough, R3-56 was only a few steps behind the party. At least the auto-follow was working. The robot wasn't ready for this kind of field test; He still had a lot of work to do before he could trust his clockwork creation with anything more complicated that punching things in the face with its drill. He quickly made a mental list of what he was carrying in his bags. He should be able to do on-the-spot repairs if anything came up.

He felt a slight mental pain. All the research, all the blueprints he was leaving behind, years of work – gone. He wished there was time to collect them all, but Clairc knew better. He was carrying too much as it was, there was no way he could lug those stacks of books everywhere he went. Right now they had to flee the city.

Well Clairc, what have you got yourself into now? He guessed only time would tell.

6. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

“Want a hand?”

The woman who had been fighting earlier was now reaaching a slim hand down for Ilayda's aid. Gritting her teeth against the throbbing pain in her back, Ilayda took the offered hand and pulled herself up.

"Thanks." As she spoke she surveyed the ruined tavern. Screams still filtered in from outside. All her life Ilayda had wanted to leave Termir, and now it finally looked like she was going to, though not quite in the way she had always wanted. Turning to the other woman, she spoke again.

"I think we should find a way out of the city...I don't know if theres any safe place left indside if this is any indication of whats out there." She gestured to the dead bodies and destroyed tavern as she spoke. "I think the best way out of here might be the train? What do you think?"

The other woman nodded "Yeah, I think the train is the best bet."

Ilayda glanced around the room again, then began pickiung her way through the bodies and out into the chaotic street beyond.

7. Forgotten_Memories

The group moved toward the Noble's quarter train station, and even though this area was usually cleaner, more open, and flashier, the devastation made it look no different than the Trade quarter.

"Oi, check over here!" Dalia heard from around the corner. She quickly stopped, everyone else following suit. It sounded like a guard, and he was coming straight for them. Judging from past experience, they had to get off the street quickly.

Dalia looked around, she noticed Broggen expressing the same concern - the dwarf was always alert. There were only houses on this street - some whose entrances were broken or aflame, and others which had completely crumbled or burned down. She picked one nearby that seemed to be fairly intact and motioned for the group to follow.

"Wait! Dal!" Jaz ran up to her, "let me check it first." He looked stern, and Dalia knew there was no way of talking him out of it. She stepped aside and Jaz made his way to the front steps of the house.

Then, just as he reached the door, it burst open. A demon hound crashed through it, sending splinters flying in all directions, and it tackled Jaz to the floor. Whiskers had managed to get away, but the dog dug its claws into Jaz's shoulder, and then lunged forward, biting his neck. Dalia ran forward, fists clenched, when a number of shots went off somewhere behind her. The dog was hit several times, its black blood spraying wildly on the tidy grass of the estate's lawn, and it staggered away from Jaz, who was left either bleeding to or already dead. Dalia didn't want to look away, but holding back tears she turned to confirm her fear - the guards were upon them.

There were six of them, all with rifles at the ready. "Well, what have we hear?" said the one closest to Dalia, "a giant, a bunch of elves, and their conspirers. Arrest them."

"Hands in the air, scum!"

8. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

"Hands in the air, scum!" The gaurds shouted.

Na' raised his hands cleching his fists as they moved. The wind roared sweeping the gaurds of their feet, weapons falling from their hands.

He lept towards the nearest. Crouching over him he butted the guard in the temple throught holding his head as his lights went out. Finished with the first guard he threw another barrage of air at the next one and left the others for the rest of the group.

9. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

Why would he attack the guards? They were going to help! All she would have had to do was explain...

"Too late to negotiate!" Bella shouted as she rushed forward. She ducked low as she ran, and lashed out at one of the guard's head's with the back of her sword. The guard went down, and as he did, a thought occurred to Bella there might still be a way to settle this half way peacefully. She didn't want to kill these men. They were guards, good guys. They meant no disrespect, they just misunderstood. There was a difference. Of course, the "Scum" comment couldn't just be ignored.

"Hands in the air scum!" Bella mimicked as she pointed her saber at the remaining guards, cracking her whip simultaneously. "Now you all are going to behave, and either help us get out of here, or get out of our way. Otherwise, you'll have scum growing out of your split open stomachs when I'm done with you."

10. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

"Hands in the air scum!" Bella mimicked as she pointed her saber at the remaining guards, cracking her whip simultaneously. "Now you all are going to behave, and either help us get out of here, or get out of our way. Otherwise, you'll have scum growing out of your split open stomachs when I'm done with you."

Noveen admired Bella’s imposing authority when addressing the hands of the capital city. Her threats could be considered treasonous, and as it was, they were already being objectified as conspirators against the Crown. There was little that they could do- and carving murder on their slates would exacerbate things beyond any reasonable degree. She furtively returned the daggers to the small of her back and pulled out her two pistols, already loaded, admiring their gaping muzzles as she raised them. Her trigger finger itched, but she knew better.

She ran to Bella’s side and hoped to further intimidate the guards, who were helplessly on the ground, stunned and disorientated. They were disarmed and seemed to be pleading for their lives; looking to be afraid of not only the demons and the sky that looked to be crashing towards the ground, but of their own bigotry. Such weak men they were; so blindly obedient, so mechanical. She pitied them and knew that they would not last long even if they were spared.

The guard that had been lashed by Bella looked so much like her oldest brother that she could taste the fruit they ate after a long day of play, smell the perfumes they used to make out of assorted herbs and spices, and recalls the plots they used to make of running from their mother. It shook her up when he died years ago of dysentery.

Once she was pointing her guns to the center of the group she said, “I imagine your training didn’t prepare you for being assaulted by demons and imprisoned by a bunch of elves?” she lolled her head back and managed a feint chuckle. She couldn’t remember the last time that happened when her life was at stake.

“I ain't good shot, but I’m on a roll,” the laughing grew louder.

11. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

"I think the best way out of here might be the train? What do you think?"

"Yeah, I think the train is the best bet."

Shara moved forwards as her companion did, moving behind to begin with, she noticed the slice mark on her back, that’d need treating, but now wasn’t the time. They plucked their way through the bodies, towards the fractured exit.

The street beyond was pure chaos, bodies littered the streets, stands where over turned, some people ran, further down the street, a women stood over a mess of blood and flesh, crying, a bloodied sword in her hand. She turned, they didn’t need to go that way.

She began making her way through the streets, keeping to the sides, hiding at sight of any movement, see the same thing everywhere, blood, death, chaos, there where demons, but most seemed content with their current hunts, giving neither her or her new friend any mischief.

She couldn’t believe what she saw, everything was dead and burning, what the hell was happening?

“I’m Shara, by the way, what’s your name?”

Half listening to her answer, she was distracted by a group further ahead, a group of guards had weapons trained on a rather rad tad group, they dropped their arms, what was going on? Shouldn’t the guards be looking for the help of anyone able?

Suddenly, the guards where swept from their feet, one darted at one of the guards whilse he was down, another swept out with her blade, but with it’s butt, they must of meant no harm, permanent at least, it must be some kind of misunderstanding...

Shara readied her bow, notching an arrow, she jogged towards them, coming up behind the guards, she drew the bow.

“What the hell is this? I saw plenty of those other things on the way here to know we don’t need this right now, maybe later, but seems rather stupid for now!”

12. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

“What the hell is this? I saw plenty of those other things on the way here to know we don’t need this right now, maybe later, but seems rather stupid for now!”

First demons and now guards? Who were these people? And who the hell are these half-elves? Clairc didn't have time to worry about that now. People were dying and these guards were in the way.

“Agreed, I don't have time for this crap. I think I have a solution to our little dilemma. R3-56,” Clairc said punching in a few commands. “these men are in my way. Please fix that.”

The clockwork creation moved towards the remaining guards who appeared to be quickly losing their nerve. Shots were fired, but the bullets simply ricocheted off the robot's outer shell, failing to slow its approach even in the slightest. It stopped right before them, casting a shadow over the apprehensive guards.

“I suggest you turn around and go back to the holes you crawled out of before anyone else gets hurt.” Clairc said sternly crossing his arms.

13. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    Balowe sat in the chair hands digging into his scalp, cold sweat pouring across him.

How do you feel?

He screamed. Eenzthk thought for a moment slid a hand into his now mad companion's pockets pulled from it anything of value: a few coins and an iron nail.

It's common to feel that way, madness is inevitable at this point....Afterall, you've lost all that is yours.

Barlowe wrenched forward spilling vomit upon the floor. Then, screamed again.

That's normal too. Goodnight, Mr. Barlowe.

In addition to the rank vomit in the air, a definite scent of panic was creeping in from beneath the door. Eenzthk crept further to the back of the safehouse and descended a flight of stairs to the sewers. It did not seem wise to be on the streets of Temrir at this moment. A few minutes in the sludge of the waterways and he'd be at the train station. Acquiring seventeen from the capital of the human's wasn't that short of an accomplishment, after all.

14. thenewpeter

thenewpeter New Member

“Agreed, I don't have time for this crap. I think I have a solution to our little dilemma. R3-56,”
    Shara eyed the one who’d replied, he moved behind what she too as part of a float at first, she stared as it began to move towards the guards, them in return firing at it, one lost his nerve before it and ran, it was sheer genius, the clock work mechanisms within it in continuous motion... the sheer complexity of its simplistic design... She’d never seen something like this before, seemed this was going to be a very interesting day.

Something settled within her, she warily un-notched her bow, keeping her eyes on the guards as the remainder ran. She looked across each of the group; this was a strange group indeed.

“What the hells going on?”

15. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

The two of them made their way through the ruined streets and quickly as they could. There was so much blood, so much panic, so much death. Ilayda felt nauseous at the sight of it all. Why had this happened?

“I’m Shara, by the way, what’s your name?”

Her companions voice broke her reviere. As she looked at her she noticed that Shara too was a half elf. It made her feel slightly better to know that she was with someone else like her, and not a human who would turn on her as soon as they got to safety.

"I'm Ilayda." However Shara wasn't paying much attention as they came up to a strange group of races including what looked to be a large golden robot. The group was surrounded by guards. As she watch one of the guards was hit to the ground and another was attacked by someone else in the group.

“Agreed, I don't have time for this crap. I think I have a solution to our little dilemma. R3-56, these men are in my way. Please fix that.”

The one who responded to Shara punched a couple of commands into a small remote he was holding. Instantly the robot began to move towards the guard, unhindered by the bullets that bounced off its chest. The guard cowered as the beautiful machine neared it

“I suggest you turn around and go back to the holes you crawled out of before anyone else gets hurt.”

The guard didn't need to be told twice, as he ran off. Shara readied an arrow as she stepped closer, keeping a wary eye on the remaing, unconcious guards. Ilayda followed her example, pulling her bloodied dagger once more from her bag.

16. Honorius

Honorius Active Member

More people? Quite the group was beginning to form, it'd be harder to sneak, but easier to fight. Of course, why would they need to sneak? Next time they found guards, she would just make a point to talk to them before the others beat them up.

"Well, the city is being destroyed, the Summer Festival has been utterly ruined, and there are dust bunnies with big teeth and giant and really mean dogs running around killing people. Oh, and these guards had a misunderstanding. And I'd love to take a minute to introduce us all, but you'll have to do it on the run, because we really need to be going now."

17. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

"Well, the city is being destroyed, the Summer Festival has been utterly ruined, and there are dust bunnies with big teeth and giant and really mean dogs running around killing people. Oh, and these guards had a misunderstanding. And I'd love to take a minute to introduce us all, but you'll have to do it on the run, because we really need to be going now."

“She's right.” Clairc said uncrossing his arms. “We don't have a lot of time. We need to get out of the city before we all end up like her friend.” Clairc motioned to Jax, feeling sorry for the poor man. “We're on the way to the train station. Follow us if you want. There is a better chance of surviving this mess if we stick together.”

Clairc placed R3-56 on auto-follow and began running toward the train station.

There was so much he wanted to ask, so much he wanted to say, but he decided it would have to wait until they were out of the city. Clairc looked down at the rune on the palm of his right hand. He hoped he would not have to use it again.

18. Brandogg12

Brandogg12 Member

“We're on the way to the train station. Follow us if you want. There is a better chance of surviving this mess if we stick together.”

Noveen looked to Clairc as his arms began to unfold. He spoke with such calmness and certainty that it seemed as if he had already assessed the
    situation and knew he could rely on these people, but was that the case?

There was no way to tell but to go on.

The group that unraveled right before her eyes looked odd; something like she had seen in some of the obscure plays she had been forced to attend where all racial groups had got along and even shared intimate moments; there was the happy ending with the bright colors, the exotic and starchy deserts, and drinking of fine wine. Only this wasn’t going to be happy anyway it was viewed. Everyone she knows would have been forced to flee or had already been burned or devoured. Some of them may even have been imprisoned. She pitied the man that had sacrificed himself for the good of the group.

Maybe they could be trusted.

Noveen did not want to get too far away from Clairc and his mysterious runes for it were those that appeared to save her life when she had nearly been blindsided by the hairy midgets of doom.

She entered a light jog and began to trail the half-elf with the emerald eyes.

The only thing we’re missing is a big hairy rat to add to our party of conspirators,” Noveen muttered unknowingly under her breath.

19. Earphone

Earphone Active Member

Golful'gar watched the events transpire before him, feeling no need to act himself. He was surprised at how quickly his anger had dissipated. All he wanted to do now was survive. He might have considered running off on his own (he could likely have fended for himself with his strength and endurance), but so used to taking orders was he, that even now he stood dumbly, waiting for an order to follow.

“We're on the way to the train station. Follow us if you want. There is a better chance of surviving this mess if we stick together.” Spoke the Shop Owner, tapping several buttons on his little mechanical log, before setting off in a light jog.

Golful'gar watched unsure, as the man ran by himself, the large golden tin can chasing after him. Soon after, the girl Noveen ran, following after the Half-Elf.

"Folla if'n ya wann'?" He said, more to himself, scratching his neck ponderously, "Neva been giv'n that option a'fore..." He straightened his helmet upon his brow (the thing had a knack for falling over his eyes), and ran.

20. sidtvicious

sidtvicious Contributor Contributor

Inferno, office 752. Take a right turn at the wat
    Kaplunk! A man hole within the Noble's Quarter, just a short jig from the train station, was pushed open. Eenzthk peaked his nose and whisker out sniffing for outsiders, after a few passerbyers came and went, he pulled himself from the sewer onto the cobblestone streets.

He hated the train itself, it's simplistic mechanical fashion, but saw it as the easiest way out. Though fraternizing with the humans, would be distasteful, he would play nice. He always did. Soft words and cheshire grins were what made his job possible.

Eenzthk, pulling his cloak around his face and coiling his tail inward, made his way towards the train station. The flustering panic, thick in the air and making his nose twitch, would offer at least some concealment.

21. Cyan

Cyan New Member

Name: Crystal Jameson

Race: Human

Sex: Female

Appearance: Crystal is tall, around 5'8, and is slender. She has creme skin. She has long blonde hair that falls along her shoulders. And amber eyes and soft lips.

Equipment: Crystal's usual attire is a white corsolet dress with a black ribbon tied around her waist. She usually wears boots, or goes around barefoot.

For fighting uses she carries a broadsword. There are 2 blue gems embedded into the hilt, and the blade is 2 feet long and made of iron. She carries it in a black scabberd on her back.

Short bio: Crystal was born in Termir. When she was 5 she learned how to use swords. Her father taught her many things about survival, and he gave her the broadsword.

Demeanor/Attitude: Crystal is usually quiet to strangers, but at times can be open and optomistic.

22. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Things were moving quickly now, more guards, more demons. Quite a gang was forming, but they were still confused and in disarray.

“We're on the way to the train station. Follow us if you want. There is a better chance of surviving this mess if we stick together.”

Several in the group started to follow after the tinkerer and his massive machine.

“Now jest a minute,” Broggen broke out partly talking to himself and partly talking to the group. “I thought that Pointy Ears said we should go to the Nobles quarter.”

Broggen would have just as soon headed for the train station, but at the moment the only one he could trust still seemed in shock over the death of Jaz. 'Too bad that damn cat didn't get it first. We could have used that bloke a bit longer.'

There were far to many peculiar peoples around now. Broggen was beginning to feel vulnerable. He was fairly confident that he could handle the demons and guards, but those eerie rifts were growing larger and larger. Regardless of what he thought of her, there was only one person he felt he could trust.

“C'mon Dali'," nudged her leg for the second time, “You know where your takin' us right?”

23. Forgotten_Memories

After the guards were dispatched of by the elementalist, Bella, and the half elf's robot, Dalia turned her attention back to Jaz. He lay still on the ground, his eyes still open, and for once he didn't look so annoyed, just scared. That was the only time she had seen Jaz scared. Not another one. She thought to herself.

“C'mon Dali'," Broggen nudged her leg for the second time, “You know where your takin' us right?”

Tears almost fell from her eyes, and then she realised that she couldn't do this any longer. She couldn't lead these people into danger. No one else was going to suffer for something they knew nothing about. She would have to do it alone.

"I was never leading you the right way," she admitted, averting her eyes from the dwarf, who seemed to have built up a sort of trust in her. "I know why all of this is happening - I know what they're after, and I have to get to Crown Square. She can take you to the station." Dalia pointed to Bella as everyone began to stare at her. She hated being the centre of attention.

She walked to the front of the group, turning her back to them and reaching into her pouch to replace the blunt-edged knuckledusters with jagged, sharp ones. As the skies above grew ever darker, she knew she had little time.

24. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

"I know why all of this is happening - I know what they're after, and I have to get to Crown Square. She can take you to the station."

Clairc stopped dead in his tracks. He couldn't have heard that right. “Wait,” he spun around, “you know what caused this? Just who the hell are you and what's in Crown Square? Is there a way to stop this?”

Clairc winched. His words came out harsher than he had intended. He understood she had just lost a friend and he didn't want to push her too hard, but if she knew how to stop this bloodshed Clairc needed her to talk.

25. Socrates

Socrates Active Member

[double post]