1. We are experiencing some technical issues currently. If you post and nothing appears to happen please refresh your browser rather than hitting post again. Otherwise you will post twice, which is creating a lot of duplicates for the team to clear up. Please bear with us, these things will be sorted as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice

The First World Whinging Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Iain Aschendale, Apr 3, 2018.

1. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

My wife made an observation about that movie once: would a lawyer actually leave a loaded gun in an unlocked cabinet in a hunting cabin he’d only visit every couple months or so, even in Alabama?

Iain Aschendale likes this.
  2. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I’ve noticed, over the last few months, that amazon’s Prime service no longer includes weekend deliveries. Order something through Prime on a weekday and more often than not it’s guaranteed for next-day delivery. Order on a Friday and the arrival date is always the following Monday. When did they sneak that one in??

3. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin Funky like your grandpa's drawers.... Staff Contributor

Haven't seen that in my neck of the woods yet. Maybe it's an area-of-distribution thing? I live in one of the most densely populated areas of the US, and you can't throw a rock without hitting an Amazon distribution center.

OurJud likes this.
  4. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

Yeah, I’ve done a bit of digging since and the likelihood is my address is registered as a business. The architect who converted whatever this building was, into the flat/apartment it is now, has his office next door (part of the same building) and I suspect the whole building is registered under his business (no doubt to avoid some form of land / residential tax). If I change the delivery address to my old address, or to an amazon locker, I can get next day delivery. I’ve explained this to amazon and they’ve ‘escalated’ my query.