The First World Whinging Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Iain Aschendale, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Zerotonin

Zerotonin Serotonin machine broke

All of this tea talk is giving me the odd urge to throw things into the Boston Harbor... Strange...

2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

so what we're saying is

EstherMayRose likes this.
  3. mashers

mashers Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer

To be fair, I would agree with that.

4. PoemNerd212

PoemNerd212 Contributor Contributor

Sunburned on my face... all but where my sunglasses covered... so now I have a sunglasses-shaped tan line... on my face.
    -_-

Oh yeah, the sunburn sucks too.

Moon and Cave Troll like this.
  5. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

My damn thirty dollar slipper broke. Top half ripped apart on the left slipper and now I must walk around barefoot until tomorrow.

This is the epitome of first world bitching, I know, but dammit, thirty dollar slippers! :supermad:

6. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Wait til you get to Ginza....

7. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

When it's really sweltering hot and you want to draw, but your hand gets sweaty, so the paper gets sweaty and sticks to your hand and arrghh how am I supposed to doodle under these conditions?! :bigmad:

8. PoemNerd212

Just recorded a cover of Riptide. It was a flipping perfect run through of it, too, which never happens. While the last note was playing out on the guitar, I could hear my dad yell “WHAT” across the house to my mom. I trimmed out the part where I muttered “Are you fucking kidding me?” and am going to post it anyways, hoping it doesn’t take away from the song too much. You can hear the “WHAT” if you listen really closely to the last half second of it. I hate it so much.

Some Guy, Shenanigator, Moon and 2 others like this.
  9. mashers

PM me if you want help. It can probably be edited out or EQed or something.

10. PoemNerd212

Lol thanks, it’s ok though. Haha, I’m too lazy honestly and it’s not really that great anyways. I just recorded it on my phone so the audio was going to be a bit shitty to begin with :p

11. mashers

No worries :) I know that feeling when you get a great take and then something ruins it at the last moment. If you wanted to, you could send me the recording and I’ll put a fade on it to try and cut out the shouting at the end, or you could record that last note separately and then I can splice it in. I can do the splice at a part where the amplitude at the end of one take matches that at the start of the next, so there won’t be any pop or break in the sound. Just let me know if you want me to have a go :)

12. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

I want to hear the "Are you fucking kidding me" part.

13. mashers

I’ll edit that back in for the remix.

14. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

The Parental Advisory remix version! :superlaugh:

Cave Troll, Jenissej, Moon and 2 others like this.
  15. PoemNerd212

If you could try to put a fade on it, that would be awesome. I cut it really close, though, so I'm not sure if that will make it harder or not. It's not difficult to put a fade on the end of a recording, right? I've done it before on GarageBand with ease, but I'm not sure how it is on your software. Then again, the "WHAT" is actually not that loud now that I've listened to it a couple times... but it would still be nice to not have it in the recording. So, yeah that would be great if you could do that! Not sure how to send the recording to you, if I could email it to you or SoundCloud would work or what. If email would work, could you send me your email in our conversation?

Unfortunately, I already trimmed it out. It's permanently out of the recording... sadly. It was kind of funny.

flawed personality and Moon like this.
  16. mashers

Yep, sure I’ll reply to our convo with my email address. You can send over the recording and I’ll have a play with it. I enjoy this stuff, so it’ll be a good challenge for me. It’s not hard to put a fade on at all, but I’ll do some EQ adjustments too to see if I can filter it out.

17. Shenanigator

Shenanigator Has the Vocabulary of a Well-Educated Sailor. Contributor

That's funny! Keep an unedited copy of it for a blooper reel. My sister has a CD of some Brahms piano pieces that's unlistenable with headphones or above a certain volume because the pianist gets so into it he starts humming and no one caught it in the mastering process. So annoying...

minstrel, Cave Troll and PoemNerd212 like this.
  18. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Probably have to bike to work (15 km, one way - in summer heat. The horror!) tomorrow because of the Putin-Trump meet in Helsinki. :wtf: Stupid world leaders depriving me of a lovely, cool, comfortable car ride. Stupid world leaders messing up the traffic, so I can't drive to work.

19. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Fold a paper towel and put it under your hand as you draw. It soaks up the sweat and keeps your doodle paper dry.

20. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

The jazz pianist Keith Jarrett loudly hums along to his own improvisations. It's part of his charm, I guess. He's very successful, so it hasn't impeded his career.

Shenanigator and Cave Troll like this.
  21. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

I had a plane journey today. As we were waiting for take-off, they were playing music in the plane. As with the journey out, and I'm not exaggerating, literally EVERY OTHER SONG was "Hold My Hand" by Jess Glynne, plus it was the music with which they accompanied all the announcements, ads, etc. For those of you not familiar with the song, it's quite nice and cheerful, but can get annoying very quickly. VERY. QUICKLY.

It's now going round and round my head. We landed ten hours ago.

22. mashers

Password fields that clear themselves automatically if you enter the password incorrectly. STOP IT. I want to edit the password to add a number at the end or remove a character, as usually I know what the correct password is once I get it wrong. Don't make me type the whole fucking thing again.

23. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    The fact that my VPN jumps its exit port around, meaning that if I don't remember to turn it off every time I do something important (banking and such) I trigger all sorts of identity theft protocols that mean that, at a minimum, I need to access my email for the confirmation code, or worst case, call my folks back home and get them to phone in from my registered phone number because living abroad triggers identity theft protocols, but don't I have a VPN to secure these important transactions, not make them impossible?

Fuck.

Some Guy likes this.
  24. mashers

Security features are really annoying when you're trying to access a service legitimately :bigmeh:

25. Zerotonin

Zerotonin Serotonin machine broke

Having worked in a bank from sixteen to twenty-one, I can attest that the biggest thing we had complaints about were our security measures. At one point, people who were using their debit cards one town over were having their cards frozen because of "fraudulent activity." That was fun to deal with.