Tags:
  1. Kyle Phoenix

Kyle Phoenix Active Member

The Flight to Hell?

Discussion in 'Word games' started by Kyle Phoenix, Jul 25, 2020.

I remembered this news story from a few years ago today and it seemed like something that could get the creative juices going.

On Friday 13th October 2017, flight AY666 took off from Copenhagen and landed in "Hel" (i.e. Helsinki). The flight took off at 13:20 and landed at 15:45. A Mr. Mikael Robertsson was unable to make the flight on time and could not take his seat in economy class, 13F. This flight was the last use of flight number AY666 as it was retired after 11 years and 21 journeys to "Hel" on day dated Friday the 13th. Finair noted that it still has flights from SIN to HEL (Singapore to Helsinki).

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/j5gwxp/passengers-board-final-flight-666-to-hel-on-friday-the-13th-vgtrn
    https://abcnews.go.com/International/flight-666-hel-friday-13th-ends-today/story?id=50463543

What strange goings on would you imagine on this flight if you were one of the passengers, cabin staff and crew? And where is this "hel" of a destination they seem to be taking us?

Fasten your seat belts ladies and gentlemen, we are in for a bumpy ride!

Tickets Please! :D

[​IMG]

2. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

Well, one thing I can say is, in Norse mythology the land of the dead is called Hel (one L, not 2). But it's different from the Judeo-Christian Hell, it's just a frozen ice-land where dead souls dwell in misery I believe, similar to the Underworld, land of Shades in Greek mythology—no eternal punishments. For some people Helsinki might fit that description...

Cave Troll and Kyle Phoenix like this.
  3. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I've been to HEL. It wasn't a place of eternal damnation.

I've also been to FUK. Likewise, it didn't live up to its name.

Xoic, Kyle Phoenix and Cave Troll like this.
  4. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

... But were you on Flight 666, on Friday the 13th?