The Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Kratos, Jan 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Corpsetastic

Corpsetastic Active Member

Majora's Mask is an amazing game. I love exploring Clock Town and the places are so beautifully designed.

2. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

I actually prefer Majora's Mask over Ocarina of Time. There's a lot more to explore and a whole lot more of side quests.

3. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Oh, I forgot. I also have Super Smash Brothers.

4. kyle777

kyle777 Member

Majora's Mask.... *sighs*
    I remember spending hours trying to find all the masks so I could get that super rare Deity mask. At least, I think that was what it was called.
    Anyway, much darker than OoT.

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

*cough*andbetter*cough*

Who said that? Anyway, it's the Fierce Deity Mask. Pretty awesome when you get it. It's a shame that you can't use it outside boss battles though.

6. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

ahhh
    Major'as Mask brings back memories

7. kyle777

kyle777 Member

I think Majora's Mask was definitily better in it's own ways. There was a LOT more to do in regards to sidequests, like that Bomber's Notebook and the time travel in three days thing. OoT, though, I don't know. I guess there was something about it, a charm so to speak, that made that game irresistible. But still, it's just an example of how timeless and well-made the Zelda games are.
    Anyway... anyone played Phantom Hourglass?

8. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood New Member

Actually, there is a glitch you can do to make it so you can wear the Deity Mask outside. It kinda screws everything up, though. Like, you can see nothingness on the other side of walls and such.

9. Corpsetastic

I really do agree, as much as Ocarina is absolutely amazing, i prefer Majora's Mask. I love the whole mask thing, like you see him in the first game in Hyrule Market thinking what the hell, this guy's a weirdo. Then the whole of the next game is based around his damned masks xD really cool game.

10. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

This is my thought on Jericho:

Personally I like this game, it doesn't deserve the best award maybe a 4 out 5. But I like it.
    It's everything I wanted in in Doom 3, team members, infinite ammo, infinite health.
    It also has some good team members they kill enemies,which is really good. I've noticed a lot of games your team members just become a hindrance in the end. But in this game they actually server their purpose as teammates.
    Not only that, but the healing is a good aspect too.
    I don't think Jericho got the attention or the score it really deserved.
    Yeah the voice acting could be better, but it isn't that bad.

11. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

well you know about Resident Evil 5, how it takes place somewhere in Africa i believe? well, a bunch of people are mad because they're calling the game 'racist' because the zombies are all African American, but if you look at the other games, the zombies are white and no one said that was racist. i think thats incredibly dumb

12. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Completely agreed. I wanna kill zombies. I don't care if they're white, black, asian or decomposed. I'm not discriminating; I hate ALL zombies.

13. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

They did the same with RE4, because the zombies were spanish peasants. I find it's generally best to ignore the politically correct brigade. And of course it's incredibly dumb! 90% of the people in the world are.

Ya do realise that zombies aren't real...right?

14. KP Williams

KP Williams Active Member

Not all of the zombie-ish guys (because they're not zombies; they're the same as they were in RE4) are black, though. I played the demo (burned it onto disk, actually...), and noticed some white guys. It's hard to notice when you've got legions of them trying to slaughter you, though. There is no shortage of enemies, that's for sure. :p

15. S-wo

S-wo Active Member

Well for one you were a white person killing other whites, so that really didn't count as racist. I'm not taking it into account as being racist myself unless someone from Capcom lets a racist comment slip to the media.

16. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Ummm, what did they expect? They're in Africa. It would have been way more racist, I think, if they populated Africa with white people just to avoid that sort of a publicity nightmare. It isn't like they made the zombies black due to racism, they made them black because that's what it's mostly like in Africa.

MOSTLY. They probably should have made some whites because there are white people in Africa too.

Which reminds me, there was this guy who immigrated to the US FROM AFRICA who was white. And they refused to let him be "African American" despite the fact that he was from Africa. Go figure.

17. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Well that's some harshly cruel Irony... That is irony right?

18. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

i totally agree.

anyone anticipating FEAR2 or Killzone?

19. Unsavory

Unsavory Active Member

For the record, I totally agree with what everyone is saying about the ridiculous RE5 controversy. When it first became an issue a couple years ago I was involved in a pretty ugly debate about it that left me feeling way angrier than anything written on the internet should. On that note, I'll leave this particular issue to everyone else. On unrelated notes...

Just played through the new Prince of Persia. Pretty overrated game. I enjoyed the art design and the platforming has its moments, but the structuring is extremely repetitive and predictable. There are only so many acrobatic maneuvers in the game, and the paths are laid out so clearly that you never feel challenged. The game is also far too open ended for its own good. Because you can tackle any area in any order, it never really gets any harder.

Also played through GTA IV finally. I liked it fine, but it also struck me as overrated. (Anything with that many perfect scores probably would.) It felt more like Vice City than San Andreas since so many features were removed. To be fair though I hated half the features in San Andreas. It's the other half I miss.

20. Noodleguy

Noodleguy New Member

Yeah. I dunno how that turned out or anything, I think he ended up suing...them. Since he was born in, descended from, and lived his whole life in Africa I don't know how he's not African. Ironic indeed.

Anyway, anyone else think that Spore seemed...incomplete? Like they tried to do too much and the gameplay ended up being mediocre/childish. The creature creator is AMAZING though, but honestly I enjoyed the arcade-style cell stage the best out of all the choices.

21. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Yep. My lil brother loves it, though.

22. BatCountry

BatCountry New Member

i'm anticipating killzone 2
    i told all of my (xbox 360 fans) friends that killzone 2 will kick any xbox game's @$$ and if i'm wrong... that's not gonna be good

23. Corpsetastic

Ah i got smash bros brawl the other day and it's awesome and crazy! xD

24. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

The reviews have been looking really good. The last game I thought was sub-par but this one is getting a lot of perfect scores.

25. Kratos

Kratos New Member

I don't know, I just can't help but think...

Killzone- super-hyped, got bad reviews.
    Killzone 2- super-hyped...you know.