Tags:
  1. Penman

Penman New Member

The Great Escape

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Penman, Apr 26, 2018.

I'm currently writing a story about my female MC being held within a fortified city. I have the background set up that people are only allowed to enter/leave the city after being identified with DNA samples. So, I have written myself into a corner but the premise is very interesting.

How could I get the MC out of the city without her being caught?

2. talltale

talltale Member

Whatever solution you choose, having her escape during one of her music performances could be interesting.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  3. GrJs

GrJs Active Member

DNA sample testing at borders requires an almost instantaneous check to keep things flowing. So they'd have a massive data base of every persons DNA, take at birth, to avoid people slipping through.

If getting her out of the city is your main issue perhaps she has to find a person with authorisation to leave that she bares resemblance to. That person may be very hard to get to and thus she then has to find a way to steal this person's DNA. I assume willingly giving someone your DNA is a capital offence or something with a punishment of exile or life in prison or execution so they can remove the person's DNA from the system thus preventing anyone from using it.

It's usually a blood taking thing via finger tips so she could use false finger print pockets attached to her fingers to trick the readers. To get the blood she could kidnap her chosen victim, mug them, just knock them out in their home and steal their blood.

If it's a dystopian sci/fi setting she could have or find rebel connections to help smuggle her out or have them have their tech devision shut down the whole grid so she can sneak out. Of course in that situation there would be a quid pro quo arrangement so she'd have to deliver something for them or take someone with her.

Subject24 and Penman like this.
  4. Penman

Penman New Member

5. Penman

Penman New Member

I love the idea of shutting down the system. I would think that everything would fail doors, gates, trackers. And it could take a while to override.
    As for what she could offer, I've got to think on that one.

6. Penman

Penman New Member

I love the idea of shutting down the system. I would think that everything would fail doors, gates, trackers. And it could take a while to override.
    As for what she could offer, I've got to think on that one.

7. GrJs

GrJs Active Member

Absolutely everything, a rebel group, for this instance, may be planning something big to move an object/s, person/s or anything across the border. So they may have a plan to shut everything down already in place. But now here's this anonymous chick wanting to leave and she has no known or suspected affiliation with them. It'd be easy for them to sneak her across with a couple of their operatives. It's less of a what can she offer them and more of a what she can do for them..

As I would see it at least.