The Happiness Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

Congrats to both of you! :D
    That is pretty exciting.

I think I've been on this site since you and Matt met. o_O
    Maybe.
    Now I can't even remember lol. I disappear and pop back up out of nowhere on this site.
    Kind of like right now.

I'm happy to finally have a computer again. ^^

I can't believe it's already almost the end of the year again. What the hell. I just thought about that.

Oh well... at least Christmas is coming. :love: Another thing to be happy about.

2. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

^ Anddd I just noticed that my join date is slightly earlier than yours. So I guess that means I was around haha.
    I'm really behind. xD

3. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I'm happy because you're all happy, and right now that's all I need. :)

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I am happy because, even though things have gone bad this last week, with the car breaking down and going to cost a fortune to repair, and Dan being told his job probably won't be there next year and he will be left unemployed once again, we still have each other and our beautiful children and we were smart enough to put plenty of money away in case of this situation.

5. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

I'm glad to hear you guys prepared for something like this, Tor. And hopefully Dan will be able to find something else quickly!

6. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

I still don't have internet where I've recently moved, but I found there's good wireless in macdonalds. ; D

7. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

Oh I love being able to love a fictional character as if I could meet them on the street. If I couldn't truly care about them then how could I possibly enjoy fiction at all?

I finally finished Gauntlgrym by R.A. Salvatore and I was rather impressed that my small fanfic that I wrote after reading The Ghost King could be so accurate. I had feared that the two of them would be forever alone in that place. I mean could you picture a more depressing line then something like 'The table was set for guests... guests that never came." something like that.

So I am truly happy that I can love fictional characters as much as I can. Because without that emotion a story is just a bunch of words strung together. It can be enjoyable... but an ending is never as rewarding or powerful without that key element.

The day I lose this is the day I truly fear. :)

EDIT:

Almost forgot! I found a bag of a bunch of Goosebump books and a few others in my kitchen. I have no idea where they came from. I think they might have been 'unearthed' in a storage room we have. If not, and whoever they are, they are not getting them back until I read them.

I think they are ours. Because I recognized two of the books. Ghosts Don't Eat Potatoe Chips and Two of Me. Or something like that. I had completely forgotten about the Potatoe Chip one, but the second I saw the cover and read the title I remembered ages ago looking at that book. Same goes for that other book.

I always wondered why my goosebump collection once seemed alot bigger. I had bought a big box of books at a garage sale when I was in like fifth grade. I still have some of them, but I could never find the others and have recently accepted that I just imagined them.

Also yesterday, the 29th, was my Birthday. One year more and I will be able to legally drink. :D

As far as birthdays go it was basicly could have been a day like a month ago. But somehow finding those books made the day all the more special. Well technically I found them sometime past midnight. But oh well!

Also the first snow has fallen. I was debating as to whether or not that was a good sign or a bad sign. Still not sure I guess. lol

Yes I really do love Goosebumps that much. That and I found a book I would have lived my whole life without knowing about or realizing I had once known about. How cool is that? :D

8. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

My parents sent me an advent calendar. :D I haven't had one in years. Now it's a test of how long I can actually eat them when I'm supposed to for.. (I tend to eat all the chocolates in the first couple of days :p)

9. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I saw a picture of London, England and realized there's a ferris wheel there.

Now I suddenly want to go to London and ride the ferris wheel. =D I'll take a camera with me (if its allowed) and quickly snap pictures when I get to the very top.

10. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

You mean the Millennium Eye? I guess it is sort of a ferris wheel. Cameras are allowed, and you don't need to be quick- it doesn't move terribly quickly. It's intended as a way to view the cityscape from all sides and from elevation.

11. Link the Writer

Awesome! I'll go there some day.

12. Link the Writer

Just saw a preview of the new DW episode "Christmas Carol".

Also, an interesting trailer that says "For the first time in Doctor Who..." then the Tardis landing squarely on Louisiana, "The Doctor is in the House".

I guess that means there's gonna be a DW episode filmed in the US! :D

13. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

I'm happy because I'm home, and I have freshly baked pumpkin bars with cream cheese icing ... mmmmmmm!

14. Unit7

Unit7 Contributor Contributor

*steals said pumpkin bars and stuffs them in his mouth*

Wasn't me. :D

I am happy because today will be the last day in this crappy house that and we are finally done with moving most of our stuff. All we got left is the computer and a couple of TVs really. :)

15. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

I'm supposed to be unhappy that I'm snowed in and can't get to work but I feel like screaming from the rooftops:

"I'm soooo happy!!!!!"

16. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Aww, you guys! That is so sweet :D Yes, that is a huge anniversary for Lydia and Rob. And congrats to you and Matt, Ashleigh! :D :D

17. Peerie Pict

Peerie Pict Contributor Contributor

Congrats to Matt and Ash!

It's so amazing that you met here and now live together (I think you do, right? lol). I've been trying to convince my single friend that there's nothing strange about meeting people on the internet and how common it is now but she's so stubborn. I know at least three really sweet, great couples who met on the net. I'll include you both on my list. xx

18. Banzai

Hehe, thanks guys :)

Unfortunately, we're not living together yet Peerie. But the plan is that we will be after uni :)

19. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

HEY!!! *looks a little sad and pouty* I woulda shared :p

20. star_fire

star_fire New Member

I GOT A NEW ROOM!!!! :)

and my ex roommate doesn't yet know where i am now, tehe

1 person likes this.
  21. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

^ Sweet. I just moved as well and am enjoying my new room.

22. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

That's great! You finally made your escape. . . :)

23. Banzai

Okay, I take some of the bad things I said about snow bad. I had a huge snowball fight with the opposite side of my road, and then went to the pub :)

And my Ash has cheered up after going frolicking in the snow at her uni. Not a bad night for either of us really.

24. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    We did go frolicking!! :D My housemates and I randomly decided to go walking to uni in the beautiful snow, in the pitch black at 11pm, and run around for a while - it was awwwesome!

And I'm really happy that Matt had an epic street snowball battle, went out to the pub with his mates, all spontaneously - and then we got to share our happy times together on the phone before bed. :-D

What a great evening.

25. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Good stuff - glad someone's enjoyed the snow!

Had a good day myself. Firstly, I got to get up late. Then I had no work. So the day was spent with WriSoc, talking of Greek gods, lesbian Pokemon bacteria (yes, really), and hats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.