Tags:
  1. Zerotonin

Zerotonin Serotonin machine broke

The Least Progressive of Journals

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Zerotonin, Sep 21, 2018.

Hello! My name's Zerotonin, or Kyle if you want to be on a first-name basis. I've been writing for the better part of a decade, and I've finally decided to hold myself accountable for keeping up a consistent pace in writing; à la, a progress journal! So, let's get to the meat and potatoes, shall we?

Current Project: Monsters Among Us (Working Title)

Current Length: 176 words (Still in its infancy!)

Basic Premise: The story follows Akemi Sachiho Hashimoto, or as her friends know her, Ash. She's a homicide detective who's just recently been transferred from the city of Chicago to the peaceful suburb of Downers Grove, due to a traumatic experience that's left her with a bad case of PTSD. Unlike her old beat, Downers Grove is a boring town with only one murder in the past fifteen years. That, of course, is about to change.

She's awoken in the middle of the night from a strange dream by a call from her partner letting her know that there's been a murder. When she gets there, however, it's unlike anything she's ever seen. The body is suspended in mid-air by literally nothing, floating. There's no cause of death, the victim simply died, and the body is covered with strange markings.

Through investigating this case, she's thrown down a supernatural rabbit hole she never knew existed filled with monsters, magic, and even gods. Will she be able to hunt down this mysterious, mystical killer that the supernatural community is calling "The Old God," or will the truth elude her?

flawed personality and zoupskim like this.