1. JayG

JayG Banned Contributor

The list of posted writing seems to have vanished.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by JayG, Jan 9, 2014.

One of the things I will always do is look at the writing of the people I'm replying to, so I can better shape the response to their needs. Then, too, if someone is giving advice, the one receiving it should be able to look at the results of the suggestion in the writing of the one giving the advice.

Without that any advice given may or may not be useful, and the one receiving it has no way to check.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm going to have to admit that I'm a bit confused as to that of which we are speaking. Which list in particular?

If it is simply the New Posts list:
    [​IMG]

Then what may have happened is that within the page for the list you unintentionally clicked the Mark Forums Read instead of the Recent Posts refresh button at some point:

[​IMG]

The New Posts list only displays post you have not yet read. As soon as they are read they are removed from the list. Hitting the Mark Forums Read button has the effect of "reading" all available unread posts, thus removing them from the list. If you've done this, it would appear, at least for a time, that the list is made empty until new posts start populating it again.

Daniel likes this.
  3. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

I think I know what you mean. It used to be under Workshop postings now the workshop postings appear to be mixed in with Topic's Started. I forgot to add it's on everyone's profile page.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  4. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

This is a general rant and not aimed at this particular forum. Why is it, when most people are getting comfortable with a particular layout, someone decides it needs improving? It's everywhere and I rarely see an improvement, rather, only a change that leads to confusion.

5. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

I did a quick check on the my Profile Page and realized that the "Workshop Entries" tab is gone.
    Then I saw that it is still there, only that now it is called "Topics Started".

Is that what you're looking for @JayG?

6. JayG

JayG Banned Contributor

Apparently, workshop entries has now had topics started melded in with it and was given a new and misleading name, though why anyone would want or need to specifically know which topics a given person started I don't know. Certainly, I don't think of writing posted for review as a "topic" so I didn't check to see if the name was changed to something unrelated.

Fitzroy Zeph hit it right. What too many programmers forget is that most of the time that "new and improved" thing they're so proud of can also be called "different," something that requires hundreds of people to retrain habits there is really no necessity of changing.

7. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

@Wreybies - I do think we need a Workshop Entries section within our profile.

This is an entirely different sort of 'topic' from the ones we may start on other threads. It's only natural that we'd want to check up on what other people have submitted for critique, without needing to scurry down long lists of stuff they've posted in the Lounge, or other parts of the forum to find them.

I'm with @JayG and maybe others on this one. Can we get this Workshop Entries section back? While still keeping Topics Started, which covers all other sections of the forum?

Wreybies likes this.
  8. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This is something for which we need to ask @Daniel. Mods don't have access to the forum structure, nor would you want my fingers in there. I speak several languages, none of them are forum code. ;)

9. Komposten

Who knows, maybe Spanish will work wonders on the forum structure? Maybe it knows [insert another language here]? You can't know unless you ask. ;)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2014
  10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Pero lo no comprenda espaƱol. It only understands scripting languages, but it doesn't matter, because the page code is accessible only to Daniel.

11. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Hey, sorry about that guys. The Workshop tab in the profile should be back. If you don't see it and you should let me know.

12. Komposten

Great, thanks!