Tags:
  1. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

The Lost Empire (Fantasy/Adult)

Discussion in 'Role Play' started by NoraTheBrave, Jul 1, 2019.

Hello All,

It took a bit to get me to finally post here but I've done it. So first thing's first, I don't think I require a whole team of braves to get on this. One capable Rper would do, I think.

Do drop me a DM before anything however!

I enjoy plots, twists and turns.
    Fantasy it is.
    Historic contexts are fine as long as its nothing modern
    Weapons are the medieval sort, guns and such are not medieval.
    Smut is probable since I've been told it's a pretty sensual setting, but plot encouraged over all.
    That being said, please don't assume I would play off sickening kinks like (Pedophilia, Toilet Play, Blood Play and other such unmentionables)

Story:
    Well, I've grown up with a 1001 nights and have recently purchased a pretty version of the classic and was sucked in once again. Magical genies, tortured princes, fallen heroes, beautiful women, right? Well, Sur'men'ra'a is an ambitious take on this particular setting. Think a large domed palace, an intercate family, court plots and intrigue, and perhaps an inner rebelion even.

I've gone ahead and posted this following introduction:

photo-1550223640-23097fc71cb2.jpeg

The goblin treaded carefully past the giant dunes of the Moluat Desert. He was careful in his descent as to not awaken the many suckling mouths of the sandy floor. Quick sands, they called it. It took one born in this hellish land to know how to walk or stomp towards the hidden kindom. Sur’men’ra’a was his quarry, he had heard many things of the lost empire but little could be proven to be true. There, past the whipping wind that threw back his hood and exposed his warted face; there it stood. The golden walls of the city did not distract from the giant monument of their reigning goddess. The Ulat; a nude crone with hanging teats, a fierce face and twin spears held in both her stone hands. She was ugly, but formidable to be sure, but she was also merely stone.

header-2.png

The statue gleamed underneath the hot sun while the goblin slid towards the foot of the goddess, raised his hands in praise before he pressed on towards the gates. He could read the scriptures well enough, the ancient house of Surmin’s sigil, a black panther in the sun was present in many of the stone engraved bannermen. He also glimpsed various constellations, an indication of the time and age of the drawn battles. He also saw the lost banners of extinct houses, and lastly a rare sigil held up by a woman in a cloak behind the last Surmin king. It was much too high for him to reach for, but he knew of this particular king. Tural, and his beautiful wife, a second marriage born out of passion and desire despite the King’s fathering of five healthy sons by his first wife- This woman, an island heiress of Calypso, the port city where her family reigned bore him a daughter.

Legend told that the princess was a goddess, a sublime beauty that put all women to shame. The goblin glanced at the statue of the Ulat behind him, and chewed his lips in contemplation a goddess wasn’t always beautiful and legends were often exaggerations. The creature drew his hood tighter around his face, and began touching the lower beams to seek a point of entry. His master told of a hidden passageway, related to him by a eunuch who once served in the palace. Finally, he touched the dusty button and a small opening would be visible now. In truth, this opening was the only reason he was chosen, the small cube barely fit a small child, or a skinny animal. It did fit him, though.

He was in. The bustling passageways of soldiers making their rounds, of slave boys running about to follow their masters bidding was a sample of life after the barren desert. He could only see their legs however from where he stood, and they thankfully did not pay the little darkness any notice. He slipped deeper beyond the passages, towards another cube, and another and another until he was in the market place. Here, he glimpsed many shades of humans, and other exotic creatures as well. He saw a troll leashed like a mule, he surveyed a team of drakes, the lizard like creatures thrived in the heat and seemed to make a life here. He noticed red skinned humanlike creatures, and recognized them instantly as djinn. He needed to move off before they caught him, and so he did past the stalls and towards the more elaborate passages. It should be close now, the palace with its many pillars and gilded domes.

He stopped when he noticed the marble wall, solid white like a gleaming pearl in the sun. He was against that same wall and had to whisper his enchantments, a spell that would turn him invisible. The white walls made anything visible, and surely even he in his black cloak would look like a giant fly upon the flawless expanse. The magic was quite brief for it only allowed him mere moments to sneak past the guards and into the inner gardens before he was revealed again.

He took his time gazing about the lush beauty here, the white peacocks floating about from one fountain to the next. The blue mosaics plastered beyond towards the inner courtyards, the high palm trees, and the fragrance of incense smoke. It was all lovely to be sure, but he had no time to dally- he needed to travel deeper still. And so the little creature lingered, until it was dark. He had heard many things during the few hours till dusk. He understood the ruling method of the current Surmins as it was quite confusing to most. It seemed that the eldest ‘Noah’ was the head of state, while the twins took equal parts in the militia. Darius led the soldiers, while Daryoon conducting as tactician for battle. Isaac the fourth born was high priest to the temple, as well as somewhat of a magician it seemed. Ram the youngest looked over the taxes and treasurey. The country did not have one singular head, but many heads and different allies routing behind each man.

Their half sister, Princess Alia Leanora Del Surmin was also spoken about but in hushed tones he could barely make any sense of. Truth be told, it seemed they intended to marry the young thing off for profit- but to whom? He wasn’t mad enough to walk about the halls, instead he climbed up the slippery column towards one of the hanging candelabras, there he swung from one to the next and so on.
    fantasy-fairytale-palace-the-white-room-dirk-ercken.jpg

He heard laughter soon enough, clear bubbling crystalline laughter that had him pause. Not too far away past the archways, he drank in the scene. A pool surrounded by hundreds of candles, jasmines and curvaceous limbs. He saw them dunk inside, he saw them glide over the water, he watched as a pair explored one another in whispers and caresses. Each girl was molded perfectly, black, white and pale. They ranged from blonde to red to raven haired and each was carefree with her body. If they found him now, and put him to the sword he wouldn’t mind it at all- he would go happily. His little cock strained in his breeches, his mouth watered to taste the many temptations beyond but he curbed the notion. He had to stay focused, and not be distracted by the sight of breasts bouncing nor by the image of them pressed against each other while both redheads kissed. He shouldn’t be bothered with the sight of both a blonde and an ebony skinned beauty fondling one another. Most of all, he shouldn’t gawk at the woman he was sent in to spy on-

bathing_beauty_by_fransmensinkartist-d4m066q-1.jpg

Her highness seemed unperturbed by the harmless acts of passion about her, instead she conversed with a couple of her friends, her high girlish voice a contrast to her voluptuous form. She was pure woman, her full pouty pink mouth, her high full breasts, her small waist that hinted of more beneath the water. Her face however was what had men pause in their tracks. Her sun kissed pallor contrasted against the darkness of her heavy curls, the way her almond eyes hinted of both seduction and innocence, the slim slope of her nose was pure aristocratic, and that hint of a black beauty mark by her mouth as she rushed on speaking excitedly of things he could not yet hear.

He also heard voice above, masculine voices, rough and not at all like the musical notes he had come to enjoy. There he climbed once again, towards the bushes by the balcony. He stopped here to listen on what he could tell were two men in military garb, one was higher in rank than the other.

“Her brothers fashion her to be a virgin.” Intoned Maxwell to his second.

“…Haa? Surely so, my lord.” Said the other man, obviously distracted.

“Look at her, Liam. No woman who is that beautiful would be untouched.” Snapped Maxwell, anger evident in his tone.

“She holds the keys to Sur’men’ra’a and the port city, My lord. Surely, virgin or not she is still of value.”

“If-If they give her to me, Liam. They dangle her about, and the little bitch enjoys watching me beg.”

“Women can be confusing, Sire.” Commented Liam diplomatically.

“There are about thirty other suitors taking lodgings here. I’m merely number twenty three- Who knows who they might decide on.” Grumbled Maxwell.

“You must woo the princess, Sire. Her own pressing hand might change your favor.”

“I tried! Liam, all she wishes to speak about is the quality of horse manure. It is quite difficult to turn that sort of conversation into one of seduction.”

Liam remained silent then.

“I see her the next day, and she looks right through me as if she had never seen me before in her life.”

The goblin stifled a laugh, the cut direct was never one men spoke of so comfortably and thus he decided that the two men must be of close standing, brothers of arms or so. Still, he did notice her speaking excitedly to her friends. Maxwell had mentioned thirty, but one of them might be responsible for the princess’s excitement.

2. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Approved

3. EFMingo

EFMingo A Modern Dinosaur Supporter Contributor

Dane strolled across the great domed hall with an excess swagger, clearly intending to irritate his little, yet large bellied, brother. It was full of all enticements and fantastical things, beautiful women and wondrous construction, a place in which defines “exotic.” It was too engineered he thought, too perfect. Everything was so grandiose by design. It was beyond anything he had truly experienced on any island or ship, no matter how well-constructed they had been. To Dane, all the amenities and eroticism looked like bait. Nothing better to weed out suitors than to starve them of attention and dangle fruit amongst their eyes. Maybe that was just the military corrupting his mind too much. Roderik sat in a large cushion chair a slight distance away from the pool, with growing frown the closer he moved.

Dane smirked and commented “Aren’t you happy to see me, little brother?” He always knew how to rub the man the wrong way.

Roderik wasn’t amused by any means. “I get here hours early to secure a good space for you to be most visible, and I’m rewarded with a half-dressed imbecile waltzing in like he’s accepting an award. How fucking happy do you think I am?” His body quivered slightly as he spoke with some sequestered anger.

“Aww, quiet down brother, it isn’t all bad, is it?” Dane noticed some empty plates with remains next to the chair. He pointed to them with an open hand. “You’ve clearly had at least a portion of your fill.” He smiled as his brother grew a little angrier at the jab. Dane then shortly looked over the pool and women before turning back to his brother. He paused over Alia with his survey, taking in the beauty of the prize at hand as their eyes met and lingered momentarily, he continued the scan of the area. “And you can’t even begin to complain about the view. Better than you have at home.” Dane pictured Roderik’s wife, who was nearly the same size as him.

His brother contemplated it slightly, tilting his head side-to-side. “Well, you’re not wrong, but at least my wife gave father two grandsons. What have you to show for yourself?

“I’m sure I have a son or two in the Angelines.” Dane remembered the women of that island chain. He had returned often when opportunities arose.

Roderik stifled a laugh. “Not bastards, you buffoon. And quiet down with that talk, you’re hear on important business. Sit down, let her see you. You haven’t really laid much groundwork, but you could at least have some mystery going for you. Dressed like that, about the only thing you have going for you is a possible swashbuckler routine.”

“Rik, you know I really don’t have chance or care anyways. There are thirty other men here, me being the thirty-first and last. They have been born and bred into this court nonsense while I’ve been at sea. How much chance do you really think I have?” He spoke honestly and bluntly, his best and worst qualities. “Enjoy your vacation and stop getting so worked up. I promise, I’ll give it an honest try, but don’t expect me to match the match the court knowledge and abilities of all these men. It isn’t my strength.”

His brother smiled and leaned forward, “You’re right, it’s my strength. Don’t worry, I’ll guide you there.” He looked pleased with himself.

Dane thought of undeniable shapeliness of the princess. She was indeed an incredible, desirous sight to behold. He could feel the softness of her skin contrast the roughness of his in his mind. “They’re all too soft here anyways. They lack the strength in mind and body of the sailors we were born and raised to.”

Roderik leaned his head down and glanced up at his brother questioningly. “You sound afraid. If you’re talking about the softness of those enormous, perfect breasts, then I think you can compromise just fine.” He smiled a bit devilishly before sipping his wine.

His brother was always good at reading people. Dane wasn’t one for disappointing people or failing, especially his father. “Oi brother, they’re almost as big as yours!” He erupted into a laugh as the thought crossed his mind and mouth simultaneously.

Roderik nearly blew out all his wine from his nose and joined in the laugh while back-handing his brother’s chest. “Fuck off. You got me there.” Roderik wiped the wine from his mouth and cleaned himself up, looking around his mass to see if any escaped. “I’ve been on the land too long it seems.”

Dane glanced back at Alia’s perfect eyes and figure once more, with a subtle smile on his face. “That you have, little brother. That you have.”

4. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

It did not take her long to deduce that she was being watched. The other girls seemed to catch up before her. The sighs and groans about her intensified now that they had an audience. She, Diana and Sasha didn't bother touching themselves for the sake of a few roving eyes. Not that they hadn't explored one another in private. The harem was always encouraged in the exploration of one's body. Sasha had caressed her, kissed her, and murmured the most elaborate nonsense to make her ears warm and her body soften to her ministrations.

Here, they were out to cool off from the summer heat.

"Who is that?" She murmured to her lady by her side.

"Noblemen. Brothers. Hail from the Corusilan Isles." Replied her handmaiden in an instant.

"Mm, so far." Alia murmured.

"The tall one is pressing his suit."

"Which number is he?" Asked their mistress.

"Thirty One."

Alia's eyes twinkled, she was not at all ashamed of her bared body. She had a woman's form, one that she was told made most men salivate. She enjoyed that bit of knowledge, she had always enjoyed making them suffer. She could flaunt herself, bat her eyes, flip her hair and all was hers in an instant. Of course, this whole debacle of marrying her off to a worthy suitor was irksome. Her brothers had invited a number of these men to call, and though she found many of them handsome to look at, none were much different than the swains she was used to at court.

She did warm to one of Darius's friend, her big brother had invited a chum of his to join in their little auction. He was number five, four princes held the single numbers above him. Javros Dres Lionali was a dream, and he knew it. She had been just talking about him, reverted back to her younger self. She had been a mere girl of ten when she first saw the adonis. Now, he was here and though she managed to act like the butterfly around him, in truth her heart was beating madly at the notion of his interest in her.

Still, the man above still looked.

Alia dipped herself deeper into the pool, swam over to the opposite edge and emerged, drenched and dripping. She slicked her wet curls back and tipped her chin up to stare at the Islander. Like a mercreature, she dared him with a pointed gaze, her breasts jutted before her, droplets hung at her pink nipples, a shade as pink as her lips and undoubtedly just like other parts of her as well.

He stood like a thief or a pirate, some sort of riffraff that belonged on a ship or some dock. He probably smelled of fish too. She soon turned away, with a little 'Hmph' a disdainful, haughty sound that was pure royal before she went on to her friends.

"He is still looking." Sasha commented.

"Oh, but he's dashing; in that dangerous, dirty sort of way." Purred Diana.

"You don't say." murmured Alia her back to the balcony.

"You know what they say about that sort." Sasha said

"What do they say?" Asked the princess

"They command the bedroom. I bet he makes his women scream in there."

"Goodness." Blushed the princess, while she fought the urge to glance back at him.

"Look at him. Can't you see it? He's certainly manlier than your handsome Will."

"No man is. William is...is..."

"-Is only in it for Darius, and you know it." Argued Sasha. "A marriage contract would make him one with the crown. He'd stand to gain much out of you."

"Oh Sasha, they're all in it for that." Replied Alia with a mirthless laugh. Trust her handmaidens to break away any little fantasy she had for herself.

"Maybe." Shrugged Diana, "But Some of them hold enough land and gold to rival your own, it would do well to give those a look. The Islander was commandeered by his fat brother; he doesn't look like he wanted to be here."

"Indeed." Agreed Sasha, while two slave girls passed them their wraps. Alia followed them out as well, the thin white wrap pressed against her while she walked past the glorious buffet of women by the pool. She did look this time however, she glanced above towards the mysterious man at the balcony and steered herself away.

No. It was William. It was always William.

5. EFMingo

Roderik kicked Dane's boot to get his attention to the princess swimming towards the pair of them, but he was already on watch. She glided through the water just below the surface with ease. Maybe she was a fish like his kind, a maid of the sea locked in the barrenous of the desert. A sad notion to be true.

She rose like a goddess out of the water, bearing all unashamed. She was a visage of perfection. Magnificent form and elegance, with an overwhelming sensuality. Dane folded his arms and cocked his head to the side, bearing his signature quizzical look of being in thought, eyebrows raised in the center. His brother stared like a dog in heat, tongue almost rolling out. Her breasts pulled with the weight of the water rose in the form ecstacy and desire. Dane smirked with only the left side of his mouth.

The princess gave a falsely pretentious note of dismissal, and turned, but he knew better. That was for him alone, every movement, every perfectly timed drop of water. His brother smacked him on the back. "I couldn't get anything that exotic out of my wife for six months into our marriage. What did you even do?" Dane cringed at the thought.

The princess walked away in sensual form, giving every step the appropriate time for all movements in her body to fall and bounce. He wanted to take hold of it, grind her body against his, overlooking the sunset of the sea. Her beauty didn't belong trapped here. He could show it so much more. He shook his head and looked back to his brother, knowing the ruse.

"That's a siren brother. The real question is what is she truly after."

He saw her look up to a mysterious man peering down from the balcony almost in the shadows. That was what she actually wants he thought, but who is the social climber? The smirk melted from his face. "Who is that Rik, on the balcony?"

Roderik strained his eyes to see who it was, leaning forward. He dropped back suddenly when he found out. "Oi, its Sir William!"

Dane looked flatly in the man's direction. "Tell me everything about him."

6. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

Sir William Dres Lionali carried the fancy name that would appeal to her family, but he also lacked what his peers brought into their individual discussions with each brother. He could not lay a kingdom at their feet like Prince Dorian of Memesia, nor was he a war hero with a barbaric army at his beck and call like Lord Raslan. He was a soldier, a second son and only favored because he was once drafted with Prince Darius in their continent training. He made friends with a prince, a rumored legend, 'The Terror of the East' they named him. Yes, he had made it in the correct circles. Now, he was here with the hope that the tales were true. That Darius's little cricket really was the fairest of them all. In truth, there was a different reason. A dark dusty one that he had never admitted to anyone.

He made more friends here than just Darius. He was here when the late king had introduced her into that very court, his new wife and consort. A raven haired goddess dressed in gold. He was a boy then, and he fell. No woman since could compare, no woman since Meera. He did not see the princess in her pool of sinful pursuits, he gazed at the drifting woman with an ache in his chest that went no further. He was stone, granite as he stood surveying the Jewel of Sur'men'ra'a. They whispered she adored him. A little girl with her fancies just as he had been. It was a sad notion to recall that the young thing had never known her mother, when he had. Every inch of her.

The queen's dirty little secret at the time, a toy for her to indulge in while her beloved husband rode off to make more of a name for himself, and she used him well. There was a time when he thought that the girl had been his, but of course she was not- His Meera would never make a mistake like carry his secret bastard. His Meera was a calculating, beautiful, resourcful bitch-Just like that little slut down below. He had wanted more of his piece of Sur'men'ra'a, certainly more than what the late queen had given him in private. He wanted a declaration, that lowly William was finally brought in their elusive name, even if he to breed with Meera's likeness. Mother and Daughter, how different could they truly be?

-

Alia was summoned to Noah's office late the next evening, her gown of lilac film splashed with embroideried butterflies of every tone would've been tasteful if it hadn't been transluscent. The elaborate designs were constructed stratigically to cover parts of her breasts, and her nether regions, while she pressed on towards the grand white carvings of her brother's abode. The guards straightened, flexed and stood in perfect pairs while she passed them, until she emerged into his courters with a calm and courteous nod.

"Must you expose yourself everytime?" Her eldest brother asked, his dark eyes looked at her piercingly beneath his black forelock.

"Shouldn't I? I was under the impression I was to do just that for your flock." She shot back, taking the seat accross from his desk in a casual manner.

"These men are not here to assess you, they know. For gods sakes, why must you tease them into distruction? Their offers are here, on my desk. I've summoned you to state the names of those we favor."

Alia shrugged and cocked her chin into her hand while she glanced at the compiled list of names.

"Prince Dorian of Memsia. He's handsome and is offering you a twin seat on his throne. I'd be mad to throw the man's offer away, but here we are. Asking you."

"He's a bore, Noah. All he ever talks about are his hounds. He drones on about them for hours on end, I'd sooner kill the man and take that seat for myself." She said.

"That can be arranged, as soon as you bear a son to his name. Daryoon will see to the matter himself. You needn't worry." He replied ominously.

"But I don't. I don't want to be part of your plots." She snapped, tossing her hair behind her.

"Very well." Murmured Noah. "Lord Raslan is quite the capable speaker, he is also quite powerful-"

"And hardly talks at all. Noah! He only...stares at me. It's quite horrowing being close to him, he unnerves most of my ladies as well."

"Well...not a capable speaker then, but he could make a capable husband for you. You do need a capable hand from time to time."

"I do not want to be handled, in truth that is all I see him doing. I am not marrying that brute!"

"Prince Pierre De Marche-"

"No!" She snapped.

"Alia-"Noah sighed in exasperation.

"All he talks about is himself, and how grand 'our' life would be. I despise entitled men."

Her brother got up then, pushed his hair out of his face and marched about the room.

"You- The most infuriating, little- I shouldn't even be doing this." He roared. "I should haul you at Dorian or better yet- Raslan! How would that be, little sister? Waking up with him next to you? The very brute you despise. We could do it, you know. We could toss out your own spoiled reasons and actually stand to gain something from this alliance instead of indulging your whims. Who is it? William? Would that be your choice?" He snapped.

"W-what?" She gasped, stunned and hurt; disbelief washed over her at such a prospect, worse- how did they even know about William?

"Cut the facade, Ali. The only reason he's here as a contendor is due to your reported infatuation with the man. He has nothing to offer you, nothing. You'd be living in an old estate with grass medows, and farmers reporting on about their crops and wellfare. You would hate it. I cannot think of a worse match than this- Darius approves of him, of course. Do you approve? Should I settle this matter now? Cross off the other poor men who'd crossed the sea and the wastes to get here?"

The sea...they said he was from beyond the sea.

"I cannot deny my admiration to Sir William-"She started off diplomatically. "He is...a warrior, like Darius- like you..."

Noah laughed then, continuing his march about his chambers. "It seems to me, little sister...that you do not want to marry, not even to lowly Sir William who you ocassionally give cow eyes to when you think none of us are looking. You want this-This eternal freedom. This life of riches and swains salivating after you, while you give them nothing but dreams and false hopes."

"I cannot just pick one, Noah! It is my life you hold here, I cannot choose not like this- for the good of the kingdom, you, myself. I hold all this around my throat like a rock and a collar. Yes, I care for him. I do! But he has yet to speak to me. He walks by Darius, he stands behind everyman here to see me, even that-that Garrick fellow-And I...I simply do not know what to do."

"That Garrick fellow..."He repeated, rushing back to his desk to rummage through his papers. "Yes, Garrick..."He murmured.

"Yes, Sasha says he is from the Corusilan Isles. He sticks to his fat brother, they always seem to be laughing at something, Sasha says. In any case, he fashions himself a pirate of some sort. Another one of those bores you seem to bring in." She said staring down at her well manicured hand.

"Yes, yes. Dane of house Garrick, Corusilan Isles- Interesting." He pondered as he stared at her from across the thin document.

"What?" She questioned.

"He is the eldest son of a grand house, never married, spent his life at sea- and now he's here, for you. Did you give him one of your...preformances?"

"Goodness." She sighed, "I do not know what you mean."

"We thought this man would leave right after the introductory banquet. He stayed. Why?"

"I do not know." She replied with an innocent lift of her chin.

" He isn't a typical choice for you, his brother is quite the diplomate however and won him an interview. He saw you, didn't he? Was he by the pool that night, Ali?"

She was silent for the longest time. "...Maybe." She said. Another shrug, another toss of her hair.

Noah groaned, he had hoped the sailor man would've left right after, saving them the awkwardness of entertaining the unwanted noblemen but his devil of a sister had to taunt the man.

"His brother was there too."

The thought of both brothers eyeing his sister's breasts made him sick. It was an activity he and his brothers had done while pinpointing their conquests.

"Did he ask for an audience after that? Did he attempt to contact you?"

Alia shook her head. "He did not. I did pass him in the gardens the next day, but I was too rushed to pay attention to the man."

"So he did try to contact you?"

"His brother tried- he simply lingered behind him, with that stupid grin on his face. I cannot fathom men who think that condesending action is actually favorable."

"Most men who'd seen your breasts would do the same, you idiot." He snapped.

"They are breasts, Noah. Every woman in the kingdom has a pair, I'm certainly not going to be ashamed of mine when half the palace's men walk about bare chested." She nodded towards his open tunic.

"I am a man!" He growled.

"And I am done here." She replied already arranging her skirts to walk away from him. Whenever Noah growled it was que to move away from the panther he contained. It was also good to seek asylum from all this marriage talk.

William, Raslan, Dorian, Pierre...and Dane. Even his name was as common as he was.

7. EFMingo

"Well at least the princess has some sort of interest in you," remarked Roderik, "but only in a 'man-of-mystery' sort of sense when she has the time. And the garden business earlier today couldn't have been any more of a disaster." He was referring to the mess of an attempted introduction, in which the princess promptly blew off and out of the way in the course of her own business. "Either we need some serious work, or she isn't at all interested in your title, or maybe in marriage as a whole. I just don't know." The large man lumbered around the common room of their chambers with growing concern. "That just isn't a very princess-like, diplomatic move."

Dane had his hand over his chin in thought, as his elbows rested on the table he sat at. He thought of the embarrassment on his brothers face at being largely ignored at the garden meeting. "Maybe introductions are the wrong way with this girl. Maybe it's just a matter of me actually talking directly. She just doesn't seem like a princess. More like one of the islander girls, freely living amongst the endless beaches. This matter may just be completely by undertaking it without constraints." He thought of home, and its lengthy shores, and how the long tides brought in the all matter of beautiful things. He missed it. The manufactured beauty of this land lacked the natural splendor.

"You may be right." Rik stopped and shook his head. "Anyways, she's only part of the issue. It's the family that makes any true decisions. You asked for my help,and I went over them with you more than enough times. So, who are the brothers, and what positions do they hold?"

Dane's eyes nearly rolled back into his skull, and his head made an audible thud as it smacked the table. "Again? Could you possibly choose a more boring subject? What did I do to you?" His brother raised an eyebrow at him, unamused. "Fine. Daryoon and Darius, brains and braun respectively. Noah, captain of this rabble, well, head of state I guess is what you would like me to use." He talked with his hands in a clearly bored manner, waving one side to side. "I...Isaiah? Some sand priest or something?" Rik threw the tablet he was holding at him. Dane knew how to royally piss off his brother.

"That's the easiest one! Your nephew is named the same!"

Before his brother got too red in the face, Dane calmed him down. "Yes, yes, calm down. I know it's Isaac. And lastly Ram, with control of the economy. As if they could match our merchant trade. Can we move on now?"

Rik looked disapproving, "you are in line to be king, you know. Something I'll never get to say. Father wants the expansion here for you. I may be the fat son married off to a halfway house, but I at least had the sense establish myself with the elite. I know them, some quite personally. I can call favors you really wouldn't believe. But that's all I'll have. It's you who needs to learn your place, above everyone else. Learn this stuff, embrace it. A king is little without his entourage. I brought anyone I could into my wheelhouse, and I'm teaching you to do the same, free of charge. At least give me that respect brother. I know who I am and what will become of me. Your turn to figure that out." Rik sat down heavily in his padded chair, tired out from the days events and instruction.

Dane patted his back lightly. "I know Rik, I wouldn't be anywhere here without you."

"You're damn right." Rik said with as smile. "You'd be off being the pretty boy deck swabber on a tug at the Angelines, blowing wages down skin alley."

"I did that shit as a captain, you know," remarked Dane as a matter-of fact, chin up with false pride. His brother scoffed. "I am grateful, but the family isn't the only thing I need from you though. You told me to talk later about this William character."

Rik drank some wine with this one, as he thought the right words to say. He looked out the window at the city at night. "One doesn't get invited as a suitor for a royal family without having grown in nobility themselves. Something is happening behind closed doors, and everyone seems uncomfortable whenever he comes up in conversation."

Dane thought gravely of him. "Well, she has eyes for him. While she put her visage on display for me, her eyes and mind were elsewhere on him. I understand social climbing, but I don't know why anyone of importance wants him to."

Rik smartened up his posture and spoke clearly. "That's the easiest part of him. Darius has had him backed since before she was young. He's a hardened knight. A cold one, I believe. Rumours have resurfaced about him, from some of the old slaves here. Apparently he was close to the royal family, some say too close. Even heard one audacious rumour from an old crone in the kitchens. Alia may not have the father everyone thinks." Rik spoke in a deeper tone, as to embellish the ambiance of the story. "No social climbing soldier has ever been worthy of trust. They backstab with no fear, and orchestrate atrocities with little emotion. He is likely a more venomous snake than even you."

Dane thought of his father's last words before leaving for the city. "One way or another, those cities will be ours. One way, or the other." If William won her hand, there would be a war, and Dane would be at the head of the fleet. As much as Dane was here to court a potential marriage in, he was also here to spy and build rapport. What he gleaned from the lay of the land and the politics of the area could potentially turn the tide of a battle. He needed to become a political expert, and fast. They already had much ground on him, and likely were watching his every move. It was time to act like a noble.

"Rik, let's rest up, it's been a long day. Tomorrow, we'll go over it all one last time. Everyone, even the suitors who left today. I need to know by heart who they are. Then I need to personally meet them."

Rik looked up at him with pride. "Goodnight. Glad to see you acting the part a little better." They went off to respective rooms for the night.

The very next day, the pair poured over the whole situation again. Everything. Dane thought he was going to die from boredom, and finally in the early evening, he had had enough.

"That's it, I'm done. I can't do it anymore. No more names. I'm tongue-tied. Im mixing Raslan with Darius. They might hang me for that." Dane held up his hands in the display of please stop.

"I've done what I can. Go about your fighting and fucking, or fucking and fighting, whatever you prefer. I think I'm more through than you with all your jokes and nonsense." He smiled lovingly at his brother. "It's time for my vacation."

"I wish. Well, it's time for me to mingle and banter, connive and scheme on my own," Dane chortled and laughed. "And I must do it on my own. No one will take me seriously otherwise." Dane dawned a captain's trench over his clothes, a lightened overcoat of ocean blue, with golden inlay on cuffs and collars. A black stitched scene of krakens rising from the deep to gorge on unsuspecting ships rose from the tails of the coat to the top. Dane reached for the door and headed out, turning only to view his brother for a moment. "Thank you."

Rik smiled, with a whole bottle of sweet wine in hand. "Hopefully more fucking than fighting! I don't want to be the only one with sons for the throne!" He laughed uproariously.

Dane smiled and shook his head, leaving to find others to meet and mingle about with. Hopefully he'd get another chance with the young siren, being quite sick of seeing his brother day in and out.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  8. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

There was much to contemplate that night. Noah had droned on about her responsibilties, the men he had lined up for her, and worse how she would have to make a choice soon before they did that for her. It was a bore, really. Can't they have a joust to decide it all? Why did her brothers have to be so pragmatic?

Of course, they weren't looking for brawns here. They needed riches and titles and land-More of what her child might bring them. It took her hours to fall asleep that night, contemplating the wheel of her life. She had what every woman would kill to have, yet it seemed like it was being pulled from underneath her and she was now forced into these new feet. An adult of some sort. When her handmaidens were about to rouse her, she was much too tired to follow suit in the daily routine. Instead, she rolled away from the sunbright room and their musical laughter. She pulled the sheets over her and went back to sleep.

She was not ready yet.

Of course she did wake up later that day, and found them still lingering, worried frowns upon their faces. "I'm fine." She replied in an instant, pushing her weight off the mattress onto the floor. She noticed her lilac gown had been rolled into a ball at a corner where Sasha had gone to pick it up and bring out a fresh one for her. She followed Diana to her bath, in which she cleansed in rose water, then dried herself with perfumed oils of jasmine and gardenia. The soft notes wafted about her as she turned, nude and shimmering to the gown Sasha chose for her. A white silk that was designed as a mere wrap. The gown wound about her neck in a collar, before it took towards her bodice in seperate twisted seams. The whole ensemble seemed to balanced at her neck, while her arms were bared. The bodice was an unseemly design of pleats designed to cup her breasts in an illusion of seashells, the gown then twisted into a single rope, to wrap about her tiny waist and flat belly then fell about her wide hips in cascades. Nothing more adorned her save for an armlet, that carried her family crest and a small gold band over her curly riots to signify her station. In truth, without it she could've been easily mistaken as an expensive pleasure slave.

"I think I'd like some time alone today, girls." She said while Sasha brushed the last of her hair. Both girls glanced at each other in concern, but made no further comment.

That day, at noon precisely she had her breakfast drawn at the balcony where he had stood overlooking her, she nibbled on the sour orange, the sweet imported berries and the carefully curated dates. It did not occur to her that even now, the guards guarding the perimetere would eye one another in confirmation at another rumor about the young beauty.

"They say she tastes like Tangerines." As soon as the young foot soldier had whispered it, it inspired all sorts of lewed imagenings about Darius's little sister. None dared speak it out loud for fear her wolfish brother might dig them an early grave, but they did think it. Every one of them did.

Blissfully unaware of their perversions, she pressed towards the bannister lazily wondering if her exploitations that night were really as bold as her brother made it seem to be. She was also here in the hopes William would be found occupying the space once more. He wasn't here, and she was left alone with the shadow of him, and breakfast. Bread in every shade decorated the table, fruit juice was in a decanter, sticky date cake and other such delicacies were also just inviting. She did what most women would do when they were heart wrenched about an insensitive sot, they ate. She bit into the sticky cake, then washed it down with some of the pink juice laid out for her.

Soon, her breakfast would be moved out of the way and she was left there with some summer wine. Did the servants assume she would be entertaining someone? Perhaps, it was more of Noah's ploys. She poured herself a goblet, and peered over the glittering water once more. It was probably too warm for another swim now. Gods, how she enjoyed the water. She had even learned to swim due to her love for it, most women of her climate did not know how. She had her handmaidens learn too, it was a better education than sewing or knitting or whatever else the dafts of the world had her sex do.

9. EFMingo

The evening was largely unsuccessful in Dane's pursuit of introductions with nobility, him finding almost no one. The ones he did run into seemed altogether too busy to really notice him either. He didn't want to appear groveling or intruding, so he passed them as if he was also on important business. This was going to be harder than it looked.

As the evening drew on, Dane passed by the kitchens and found some of the old chefs playing a game of Monovar, an old sailing past time Dane had thought to have mostly disappeared from popularity. He smiled and decided to investigate. "Oi! Now there's something finally worth doin' 'round 'ere!" he proclaimed, putting on a little extra of the tailor's slur to create familiarity. Without looking, the cooks, deeply focused on a particular hand, let out an almost harmonic "who wants to lose this time." When the youngest of them finally looked up, the color drained from his face. He shuddered and stood as he spoke "I deeply apologize Sire. Please forgive my transgressions." He looked as if he feared the whip and dungeons. The others shot up, almost throwing the whole table in the process. Dane smiled devilishly at the group. "I could, but only if you deal me in a hand." There was a rash of smiles and an uproarious reception.

Fifteen hands and a bottle of wine each later, a crowd of slaves and servants gathered as Dane and the oldest and wisest chef battled it out in a particularly difficult final match. Dane let him just barely win. He knew better, that a leader never puts himself up to take from his men. He could control the house from the inside out. They gave him a line of handshakes as he left for the night, knowing that would likely never happen again. As Dane exited, he called out, "don't forget my bottle for brunch, of course!" They all laughed and graciously told him they would oblige.

The next morning, Dane woke up more relaxed and altogether happier than any previous day. He had finally had an enjoyable evening. It reminded of him the long days at sea, where cards and song were some of the only activities one had. He finally felt like himself. Dane decided it was time to stand out from the crowd. He wore a silken, blue, long sleeved shirt that revealed his multitude of tattoos below, but only in shadows. Dane knew many of these houses viewed them as an art of the lesser classes, but for his people they were of highest importance and designation. They were the connection to his past and propheticized future. Each elicited its own draw from the past, whether in recollection or actual manifestation. Dane hadn't yet mastered the ability to call upon them, but he had some success during his lonely evenings at sea. He had most success in calling his long dead mother for council. He touched the sinking ship on his forearm and thought of her.

Upon arrival at the kitchens, the head server popped out to greet him. Dane didn't see a bottle out and felt slightly disappointed. The server noticed this action, and quickly remarked with a grin "oh we didn't forget Sire. We simply thought the balcony at the pool had a much better…" he paused and looked back at the chefs. They laughed waved their hands in a way to pass off the server. "A much more desirous view."

Dane was rather oblivious and gratefully accepted. The guards in the room, seemingly lost from missing last night's shenanigans, glanced at each other confused, and then back at the server. He shrugged with a smirk, and disappeared back into the room.

As Dane emerged on the balcony, he soon learned exactly what was meant by "the view." The princess was an elegant sight to behold. He felt a slight morning stiffness in his breeches almost immediately, but clenched one of his fists to bring it down before anyone noticed. Her wrappings barely left anything to the imagination. He still wanted to take them off himself.

She sipped his wine from a goblet, seemingly oblivious to why it was there in the first place, as she overlooked the pool. Dane quietly poured himself a glass and walked up beside her. He took care not to look directly down at her, but instead off to the pool, as to avoid leering. "When I look into your pool, I see a part of my home. The empty sides instead filled with seemingly endless life in such a confined space. The tides bring them in, shells and stars of colors more than anyone can name or define. It's a beautiful thing, a sight I tend to carry with me." He sipped his wine as he spoke without care or concern if he was listened to. Dane glanced into his glass and then over the princess, as if suddenly acknowledging her presence, though she was clearly the shining figure of the room. He noticed the plethora of shells wrapping her body, and felt comfortable with the possibility of the princess. He wondered, was this aimed at me? His eyes leaned towards the shade of green today. Apparently, the ocean came to him.

With a smile he remarked, "you remind me of the mermaids of the Maldova. Their bodies emblazoned with all the likeness of the sea. So many places I've been. But never many to share it with." He realized his ramble, and cut it off as it drifted. "I see you've found my pirating breakfast. Hope the sweetness of the summer was as much to your liking as it is to mine." He raised the glass and sipped, looking at her straight in her large, doe eyes. He could get as lost in them as he did his own thoughts.

10. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

Perhaps she hadn't noticed him due to the peacocks screeching, or perhaps it was the bubbling water below, or maybe it was the gust of wind that blew the leaves of the scratchy palm leaves beyond. She had thought it was Raslan or Dorian again, but it wasn't any of her Noah's aces. No, this was...that man. Did he even realize he was disturbing her? How did he deduce she was here? He did not look at her, and for a moment she thought he hadn't realized she was there at all. It gave her pause to look at him at such proximity while he surveyed the familiar pool. He wasn't handsome in the usual sense, he did not have William's golden mane nore his aqua eyes- but there was something about him from what she recalled Sasha murmuring in her ear.

You know what they say about men like that.

She pressed forward upon the bannister gliding the goblet to her lips while she noticed the many drawings on his body. She could not look away from the elaborate designs upon his arms, the hints at his chest- She fought the urge to reach out and touch it through the fabric of his shirt. It wasn't that tattoos were a rarity in Sur'men'ra'a, it was that the nobility had spotless physiques that even a dent was unthinkable. Yes, noble warriors had scars to sport but nothing as artistic as this. When he turned over to her, she made a point to look away before he could notice her unspeakable fascination with his body.

His carefreeness with her wine was also noted. Didn't Diana say he was some sort of pirate? Of course, he would have no decorum there. She fumed despite her expressionless visage. "You sound terribly nostalgic for your home, Sir." She said in the haughtiest voice she could manage. "I am sure you will soon return to wherever it is you hail from. We keep no prisoners here."The sarcasm dripped from her voice like the wine she drank.

She faught a smile at his attempts at flattery, for all his pirate reputation the man fumbled about like a green boy. "Were you here last night? I hadn't noticed." She purred, an unmistakable twinkle in her midnight gaze as she glanced his way. He then made a comment about the wine, and this was when she stared at him in mute confusion.

Oh! It was indeed an oddity for them to leave it there for her- So it was for him, all along. As that information dawned on her she flipped her hair back and stared ahead. "My apologies, I surmised it was mine. I hadn't realized."

11. EFMingo

Dane was put off initially, but quickly came back around as she finished her opening statement. He pondered it for it a moment. Who are the prisoners here? Who isn't?

Then she lied. A lesser man may get a rise out of it, and feel a bit of anger at the attempt at ignorance, but he knew better. That display she did was meant for him, and him alone. A performance to show off everything physical that she had going for her. To make him melt within his own mind and body with the intensity of her heat. She was testing. One thing Dane was especially good at, was sniffing out bait. Not this time little siren, he thought, not that easy.

She apologized about the wine, but Dane was unbothered. "Your house, your wine. I'm just an apparent guest." He chose his words carefully as he looked back over the pool, sipping his wine. "We're all prisoners here in our own respect. But the question is of what?" He smiled to himself. He felt her watching his tattoos. She didn't know or concieve that they were watching her back as well. "Ask away about any particular adornment upon me you see. They are pieces of my life I chose to display for everyone to ask. I'm unashamed of the markings upon me, most of which bring great personal pride."

He addressed the quick look away, even if she believed she had escaped his notice. "Of course, you can pretend to not be interested, but would just be boring." He sipped his wine slowly, turning back to her.

12. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

Did the daft fish man just call her boring?

He also noted her initial curiousity about his tattoos, he was sharper than she thought. "Mm, you do seem keen on showing them to me." She pressed on her scratchy princess voice. "Are you proud of them?" She murmured as she leaned in to him, allowing her gown to brush against his trousers. "Of course, you are." She continued, her chin in that rebelious little lift. "Of course, I would love to continue such a discussion if you would only introduce yourself...I've only heard things, but it is the customary thing to do is it not the same where you come from?"

13. EFMingo

The brush heated him up. He could feel his blood pumping a little harder. She was getting closer, soon enough she would actually touch him. He longed for it, without showing any of those feelings.

Dane thought of the snide question momentarily. Honestly, only in formal settings were titled introductions ever used. It was mostly done by position. The name usually didn't matter aboard a ship, simply how they mattered to everyone else. But again, this was not his people, so no sense to argue. "My full title is Prince Dondannian Kondario Garrick, Admiral of the Sixth Corus Fleet, firstborn son to King Konstantino Meridius Garrick of the Eastern Seas." He gave a modest bow to the lady. "But only my mother, and some brown-nosing deckhand would ever say that mouthful. Simply, you can call me Dane."

"And yes, I am very proud of them."

14. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

A first born prince, then. Did her brothers miss that about him? Surely Daryoon would prefer skipping over his deadly plots for such a match. "Goodness."She chided, his name was certainly a mouthful. He hadn't lied. But then he broke her defences with that comment about his mother and her 'deckhand' of all things. She laughed, her muscal laughter rang over the clearing and it was not missed on those who passed behind them. "Dane." She repeated after a while. "I like it." She murmured, her finger tip drew over one tattoo at his shoulder. Her petite form quite a contrast to his own. It was extremly bold of her to touch him, truly- it was the worst thing she could ever contemplate on doing with a stranger.

"What does this one mean? The Kraken..." She whispered, a little secret question only for him to answer. Her beautiful visage tipped up to his, before she snatched her finger back and placed that hand behind her. There was the smallest distance between the tips of her breasts and his prominant arm. Should her other suitors find her like this, well- she did not think Noah would approve at all.

15. EFMingo

It happened, she went right for the heart. He knew it was coming, but still caught him off guard. There was no feeling like a beautiful woman playing with a man's body. The excitement, the draw in to want more. He looked down at finger on his chest, and watched with desire for more as it snapped away. Her body was close to his, but low, leaning in with desire. He kept would fist tight behind his back as to avoid any rise down low, but he didn't know if she would actually mind.

"That is my family sigil, but it is also our protector. The Kraken to many is a beast to feared and fought, but for us, it is a powerful ally, and a prophetic creature. I have only seen its likeness once." His face darkened. She didn't need to know that story yet. That was the one that needed to be earned. He quickly recovered. "It was an incredible sight to behold. The sea holds many wonders and terrors. It's up to the wanderer to decide how to view them."

If she got any lower and closer, he imagined something else happening here. It was hard to keep it down.

16. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

She stared at the beast on his chest, drawn in and yet afraid to dwell on the matter of foreign things deep in the unknown. "It couldn't be..."She murmured, surely the man was exaggerating about such an adventure, perhaps he was crazed too. She didn't know him well enough to deduce anything else. But she did have a mind to understand his reluctance to continue such a topic and so she did not. Alia merely nodded at another tattoo, an image of some contraption like a ship sunk into the depths. "What is that about?" She asked, this time it was only her chin that tipped towards it, both her hands remained clasped behind her back. It was one thing to showcase one's body on a hot night, it was another to show partial favor to one individual in broad daylight.

The notion of his masculine excitmenet escaped her. She was not naive as to not notice the usual tents men grew in their pants when she passed by, simply that she was much more intrigued by his stories to notice anything else- Not even the dawning footsteps of Raslan's small infantry led by him. The imposing warlord stood by the archway with his usual lackies. He stilled then, his red gaze caught hers and she leaned away from Dane towards the bannister. He did not speak, he merely stood there in his black/crimson military garb. A scar ran down one eye, rendering his optical jewel useless and grotesque, the other merely stared. She did not bother staring back at him, instead she sucked in her breath and looked away back at the familiar scene of birds,water and trees. It wouldn't do to spot her shaking because of the man's imposing shadow, especially with another foreigner present. Noah's threat that he might toss her over to the scarred general scared her more than anything then.

"I apologize once again for the wine. It was most informative, your talk of the sea and all that shipfaring." She went on diplomatically albeit a bit rushed, while Lord Raslan stepped forward his heavy footfalls drumming the earth beneath her slippered feet, his all seeing eye assessing every aspect of their stand together. Would this put Dane in danger? She wondered while she nodded his way. A silent plea in her gaze to have him go on before the unpredictible tyrant sought to put his sword and his armies against him.

17. EFMingo

Alia's genuine seeming interest in his personal life and stories was a major plus to Dane. It made him feel comfortable in these foreign and dangerous lands to talk about himself and his home. He appreciated it greatly, and felt warmer towards her not only in body, but also in mind. He was about to continue before the soldier strode in, imposing on the entire scene. By the courtly change in address he received from the princess, he knew his game this hour had ended. At least it had been fruitful.

In reply he addressed "of course, anytime." He nodded to Raslan as a curt gesture of acknowledgement, and then turned towards the pool. He whispered the last bit, acting as if he was collecting himself before leaving. "Anywhere." Then, Dane downed his glass and left for the garden, with a humble "good afternoon" to the man before left. There was no fear or malice in voice, just simple courtesy. A good walk outdoors would set Dane's mind right and give him adequate ability to collect the events of the day.

Also, he couldn't keep her time even if he wanted to. His brother had at least taught him to be mindful of the others, and give them time to visit her. They would look more fairly him, and he would build a desire in her to find him. Dane felt, unorthodox as his approach was, that he was gaining ground.

That old war pig would half terrify her anyways. Senseless to waste that beauty on a character so cold. He hoped this was one of the few instances she would have to deal with Raslan.

18. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

Anytime...

She had dared stare at him despite Raslan's breath behind her. There was a moment where she wished she had stayed despite her plea, but she was not as foolish as to expect it from a stranger and politics must be upheld. She remained stoic, ignoring the hovering war hero while his black clad arm brushed her own bare one.

"I spoke with your brother." He told her.

"Have you?" She remarked, clear venom in her tone.

"He says you want me to be gentle- I-I can be gentle." He said, his large hand took her own.

"My lord, I beg you take no offence." She interjected her hand already retrieved, but he took it again and held it in his steel like grip.

"No offence." He said, and it was then she could easily pick out that thick accent he tried to hide. She did not try to pull away again, though she felt numb all over while he tugged her towards him. "Who was that?" He hissed in her ear while she shivered in fear and revulsion. "O-one of my suitors. Prince Dane of house Garrik. "

Her answer seemed to preplex him. "Then who is this...William, everyone says you've already chosen?" He countered. It was her turn to feign confusion, a simple tilt of her head, a pout before she spoke once more. "I do know a Sir William, I believe he is here too- But I have yet to make any choices on the matter."

"Then make it." He repliead, a bit too harshly. One slippered feet stepped back, her hand finally tugged away. She did not understand why he was so hard on her. She hadn't made him any promises, nor did the rest of her family but Noah's taking with his powerful armies made him all too familiar. "Yes, of course." She fumbled with a quick nod. If anything, it wouldn't be the brute with the scarred eye. It would be anyone but.

She rushed past his guards, her slippered feet barely made a sound as she stole forward, onward back towards her own chambers. Maybe it wasn't wise of her to leave her handmaidens out of her stroll. It would be a good idea to have Sasha and Diana about when the beast cornered her next.

19. EFMingo

Dane started down the passageway to the stairs, smiling and humming an old rowing tune to himself, when he heard a slight change in the air. He looked back and saw the princess rushing out of the room, looking almost white-faced and scared of whatever was discussed. Dane wanted to go console her, hold her and listen to her troubles, but his brother told him other wise. He remembered "a white knight is a dead knight in these lands. There are too many big players here, and someone is likely to get offended." A war would likely be out of whomever was chosen. Not understood by his brother, but they were likely to be the attackers. Dane knew his fleet, by command of his father, and the second and third were a mere two hundred nautical miles from the port city. They were in waiting. "One way or the other" whispered in his mind. It was much to bear.

Dane decided to let her go, and mind his own business. If she really were interested in him, she would seek his consul in the late hours. It was important now that she came to him. It was key that he doesn't overstep any boundary. The tightrope was a tenuous one.

Thoughts of the touch on Dane's chest poured through his mind. The warmth of a single finger, the reminder of home, of his long dead mother. The image of the beast. His eyes brightened to lighter greens as the images pour through his mind. She made him remember. Memories and stories of old were some of the most important things to his kind. They were the people's joy in existence. Dane looked down at the tattoos on his chest. A trench built around a deep scar, a flag of a distant kingdom shredded, a deep jungle with palm trees as an x. Memories to call upon at the right times. The Kraken felt warm with the deep power. He felt its call. She awakened it within him. There's only one way for that to be true, Dane thought.

His long stroll through the garden was one relaxation. It seemed coming days were to become difficult. Webs were growing stronger. The nets cast were pulling tight. The livelihood of nature kept him from being overwhelmed and grounded. He thought of her body, and her interest in all that is important to him. It made him happier, more inclined to joke around. He felt like finding his brother, but didn't mind any company really. Just as long as they could swear like a sailor and take a few jokes.

Or they had a body irresistible.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  20. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

Away from the loungers and pleasure seekers, the Surmin brothers sat down to discuss the matters at hand. Gilded doors of white and gold were guarded by a number of their best soldiers, their tones were spoken in hushed voices lest they be heard. Years of growing up at court taught one to be aware, alert and always on ones toes. Noah faced his younger siblings in plain exasperation, he had already sent to bid on his own marriage to a foreign princess towards the north. He had four remaining brothers who could advance their territories through blood if they only looked away from their whores for a moment's time- Now, it came to his little sister to face the world. Her reality had been a dream all her life, they had indulged her whims, her luxurious, every stupid fancy she came up with. Gods, they had even set up her own personal menagerie filled with elephants and tigers and lord knows what else.

Thankfully, the brat had grown up to be a beauty- or else, he would have his work cut out for him convicing the visiting officials that she was worth their time. Daryoon had already stressed that a man only needs to see their little sister to have him yearn, it had never occured to him that the child could be stringed out to become some sort of sensual instrument, but the man had done it. He had employed the most seductive handmaidens as her teachers and she had thrived under such an education. Of course, they did manage to keep her virtue intact- it wouldn't do to have her rumored as a slut. A tantalizing fruit, yes- but untouched always made a man salivate more.

"Raslan would do if he wasn't such a beast. Most of the women in court steer the opposite way when he nears, the few that are left are thrill seekers that have already tasted every man on the perimeter. No wonder she cannot abide him." Interjected Isaac.

"He also offers the most extensive infantry, cavalry and a mirade of weaponry invensions. He could be the one to make Sur'men'ra'a quite invisible." commented Ram from his corner, a bored look upon his face at reviewing the same names over and over. He had a meeting with a delicious red head back in his bedroom and he had to leave off for this.

"He is also a very angry man. I wouldn't want him as an enemy, nor as a brother in law." Countered Isaac.

"Who else do we have? It can't be just Raslan." Mentioned Darius, his foot fidgeting under the table from this lengthy sitting. "What's his name? Darion? Some sort of high and might prince- Can't recall the house for the life of me."

"Darion of Memesia, He is ascending the throne as we speak. He would need to marry however, old customs and such- can't be king without a queen." Motioned Daryoon, his exact mirror likeness.

"There, marry that one I think." Offered Ram, leaning back into his chair as if the matter had been settled.

"Yes, I thought so too. Only she can't stand him due to his extensive talk about his hounds- The man has a hobby, I do not understand her aversion to it." Noah said.

"Probably because he isn't talking about her dress, poor thing. I think he's just shy around women, though they swarm about him- He just isn't the sort for good conversation." Motioned Darius with a laugh.

"What of your friend, Darius? William?" Noah asked with a pointed look. "What can he offer her?"

"The man is here, is he not?" Darius shot back, "Can't say he can offer her a seat by his side on some gilded throne, nor give us all of what Raslan's pitch'n- He's a good man, I can vouch for him."

"A good man..."Repeated Noah, as he leaned back to massage his temple with his fingers. "There are numerous good men about, brother- Do you suggest we look into those as well?" He said pointing out towards the oval windows where the market place was.

"She wants him. I know she does. It isn't my fault you can't lure her in with all your fancy folk." Darius replied, already upon his feet.

"Someone said she was spotted speaking with Garrik today- Dane Garrik." Murmured Daryoon.

"He does have the proper title." Isaac murmured.

"He is also unpredictible. Half the continent thought he'd abdicate to his brother and go off on some seafaring journey."

"He could still do that. What would he be then? A common fishmonger? Choose someone who actually likes his title." Replied Ram offhandedly. "His brother does all the talk for him, that is never a good sign- Makes one wonder if the man can converse at all."

" Or if he has any care about being here."

"Too unpredictible." Murmured Noah shaking his head.

"She was quite cheerful with him, apparently." Said Daryoon, glancing at his twin with a smile.

"She might also be laughing at him. I saw him the other day, quite the simpleton- He enjoys talking to the servants from what I hear." Said Ram with a sniff of disdain.

"Are we done? I'm sick and tired of your matchmaking plots." Said Darius already walking towards the door.

Ram was next, "All the best brother, you're the eldest one for a reason."

Isaac did the same, pointing at a few other contendors before he also left the room.

Only Daryoon and Noah remained. "I think we should wait." Murmured Daryoon, "See, what the waiting brings. I wouldn't squander her in a rush, she does have the appeal of bringing us a golden alliance." He patted his elder brother's shoulders and followed along.

-

Sir William did not bother following the other suitors above the common grounds, he remained in plain sight. It wouldn't do to have them all suspicious, but such distance might have more questions arise. The rumors circulated that he was only favored here due to Prince Darius, though his humility in accepting such an honor was noted, it did not seem that the Knight was busy following the princess about like some of the higher profile visitors. He hadn't expected to find her and one of her ladies by the stables. Of course, he had forgotten that Alia had a passion for all animals. He had seen her ride before but it had been a rare sight, he recalled Meera detested the beasts. Meera detested anything that walked on fours and grunted and mewled, a contrast to her daughter right before him.

"Oh Master Zeek, do you think she would be alright ?" He heard the woman ask the head stable hand.

"Of course she would, your highness. Brought in a healthy foal to add to our nursery, she is just resting." He chuckled.

"The poor thing. "Alia pouted leaning towards the mare in her fine silk, oblivious to the hay that stuck to her hem.

"Nothing to worry about." Waved the old stable hand. "Ahhh...someone is here for you I think. Hullooo Billy boy!" He called out, recognizing him instantly .

William simply smiled at his childhood nickname and called back at the old stable hand with some cheer. He did not notice the exchange between Alia and her handmaiden but he did realize that he was left alone with her in moments.

"What brings you here?" She asked, already rising fluffing out her pale skirts.

"I missed the place." He replied, drawing his hands behind his back.

"Not me, however." She pouted. It seemed like she was visibly distressed, her bottom lip caught between her teeth.

"I did not think you would care." He replied stonely, "With all your princes and lords about."

"It is all my brothers doing, I had no part in it."

He laughed and he could see how that effected her. She was glorious when she was angry, and he could see that bubbling to the surface. If she was any common girl, he would take her to the side and have her draw him out of his breeches. It was easy to imagine those lips on him, he reckoned half the men in there had imagined it. He was not a fool. Indeed, she might have had no idea on this event her brothers had orcastrated but she was playing along. That night by the pool, it was plain to see she enjoyed the attention.

"You mock me." She said in that adorable way of hers, her chin rose and he allowed himself to gaze down at the twin globes she displayed so well.

"You deserve it." He said, knowing exactly how to pull her in.

He did not know how it happened, but there she was suddenly against him. Her small hand pulled the front of his shirt until she could press her lush lips to his. He hadn't expected this, anything but her soft body and mouth. Perhaps she wasn't so innocent after all, perhaps she was her mother's daughter still. Her tongue licked against his own, and he could taste sweet wine then. Gods, she tasted divine.

"And..."She panted once she broke away only barely, "You deserve to be flayed for speaking to me like that."

-

Alia was extremely bothered by him, even more so by herself and the fact that though she was extremely attracted to William, she found that his lack of visible tattoos was a disappointment. That evening, she slept nude under the sheets- She wondered if this was how pirates did it. She also wondered if Dane's compliment about her resembling a mermaid was a true one. Perhaps, William thought her a mermaid too.

21. EFMingo

In a sillier, more jovial mood, Dane strode right into the kitchens unannounced and ordered six bottles of sweet wine for him and his brother. They were having their own little personal party tonight, and Dane didn't have any desire to arise before ten the next day. After all the work, and today's minor success, Dane Watson the mood to drink.

Dane kicked open the door to his suite, startling his brother who was oggling all the handmaidens outside of his window, and nearly made him dump his plate. The servers carrying the wine behind him chuckldd quietly to themselves, not knowing what they were walking in to. "It's time to celebrate brother! A party for your little getaway!" Dane lifted to bottles of the wine, nearly knocking the others to the floor until the servers caught them. Then he tossed one to his little brother. Dane popped open the top with his strong hands, and took a large swig straight from the bottle. Finishing with a loud burp and stupid smile. His startled brother stared, and then laughed. "What the blazes is going on here? Did you win? She chose you already?" His eyes opened wide with disbelief.

Dane sunk his head and said "no not yet." He paused for a few moments, then springing back to life. "But she touched the Kraken and it heated as if it her in her too!"

Roderik nearly spit out his wine he just opened, and snorted. "What, she touched your dick already?! I don't need to hear all the little details, you know." By this time the servers had to put down the wine bottles for fear of dropping them. One was almost to his knees laughing.

Dane rolled his eyes and took another drink while pointing to the center of his chest. "No, this Kraken, you fat idiot. It felt her presence. It recognized her touch." His brother's eyes widened.

"That's not possible...unless…" he looked down and thought for a bit. Then he sharply looked up with a smile. "That is cause to celebrate."

Dane cheered and then jabbed at him, "well it isn't like you ever needed a reason. You once celebrated catching a eight armed, two tentacled squid for three straight days."

His brother thought for a second "Don't they all have that?"

"Exactly brother. You would drink because we had too much mead on board. Why would you need a special reason now!" They both laughed together, as well as the servers near the door. "But this really is special though."

Rik looked more serious for a second, "but what about the other members?"

"Aww well, I'll get to them tomorrow hopefully. The prophecies are already beginning brother. Let them play out."

The pair celebrated with sea songs and stories throughout the night. Dane even sung loudly outside his window for a moment or two before his brother stifled it and quieted him down. The two drank merrily until their reservations no longer applied.

"Dane," said Roderik, as if he were about to say something of great importance, "I've been away too long. If your maiden of the sea here can awaken the beast, and I can't even get my friends to recognize me, I would be a shame." He looked as if he were about to cry.

He slapped the servers, drunk on the floor awake. "Quick. Quick! We need salt from the sea, and water. Hurry!" The servers rushed off stumbling. "We shall soon see, brother." Tears well up in the fat man's eyes.

The servers soon came, but Dane dismissed them. "I'm sorry friends, but this is for our eyes only. They understood, knowing they had to get to sleep quickly anyway for the next day or fear the lash. Dane mixed a calculated pinch of salt and water. He witnessed the water blue slightly. Roderik rolled up his right sleeve and revealed a tattoo of three flying fish skipping across the water. It was a beautiful image, but it had been stretched. Dane drained the sea water on the tattoo. At first, nothing happened. Tears ran from his brother's face. But then a glow appeared, starting very dim, but brightened. Dane smiled, "your still worthy of your messengers brother. They still know you." Tears ran harder down Roderik's face, but of joy instead.

"Thank you brother. I was too afraid to look. I have become too weak."

"Be strong, little brother. There is much coming. The seas will remember the sailor you once were. Your body will remember too if you let it." Dane got closer to his brother and spoke softly, yet clear. "I need you to send a message."

Roderik looked confused. "It has been a long time. A message to whom? And where?"

"A message to father, near the island of Vagabond's End."

Rik thought of the dead island, where almost nothing grew or lived. Named after the death of many stranded men from broken ships. "That's only maybe two, three hundred leagues from the port city here. What is he doing there?"

Dane's face was the definition of serious, his tone was firm and calculated. "Tell him to hold the fleet. They must wait until further word."

Rik gave a grave look into the grim face of his brother as realization kicked in. "No. No it can't be. He wouldn't. You wouldn't."

Dane interrupted. "It was his doing, his command, but my mission. Go tomorrow and send your messengers from the port. And don't forget to tell him about mother's dying words, her prophecy. That the subject may be here."

Roderik sobered immediately. There was no vacation to be had here.

Dane sat back and thought of the woman as he looked out his window. The beauty, likeness to the ocean, he felt he should have known. If he had been a better son he would have heard of this woman earlier. Now he hand so much contention, so many others to fight on political grounds. "One way or the other" rang through his mind.

One image had him lying on a fine blanket with Alia, naked and looking out over the singing volcanoes of the Angelines while aboard his corsair. The other was of a fleet and city on fire.

"One way or the other."

22. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

Alia dreamed of the sea.

It was a strange dream. She was in the water yet she breathed, and floated. She also, saw fish of every color. A glittering ensemble of white, purple, yellow and green danced about her until they disappeared suddenly and then...then...

She heard a terrible noise beyond. Beyond her was a terrible giant, a squid that had tentacles that went on for miles, it clutched something from the surface. She could hear screams now, human horror all about her. Then she saw black once again.

It was the sea again, the sand was against her nude form. There were thick callous fingers in her mouth, a large male form grasped her underneath him and then...the sea...it swayed in her vision.

-

It was a strange dream. The morning was a routine of things and she barely had time to contemplate her visions, she barely had time to think beyond the insipid chatter of her handmaidens as they prepared her for the day. Sasha did not prode on about William, which was a relief. But she did bring up the mysterious 'sailor boy' as she called him. Alia did correct her, and recited the man's lengthy name while they all laughed about it.

Truly, she thought of him many times since that afternoon by the pool. She wondered if he did think of her as well, or if he had set sail already after Raslan's scare.

23. EFMingo

Dane bid his brother safe travels off the premises. He waved him goodbye and hoped for the best. If his brother could give him a few more weeks time, maybe this whole war could be avoided. It wasn't likely, but Alia's possibility of falling into a prophecy of his people at a time like this seemed more than a coincidence. It had to mean something, even if it wasn't what the brothers thought. The way she invaded his thoughts was something as well. Maybe it was just a horndog talking, but it felt like something else. Whatever the case, she was the key.

He knew he had laid the grounds of interest. She touched him, discussed personal things with him, if only for a moment. She had asked, he didn't just talk at her. But there were the brothers too. Dane needed to speak with them. He knew he needed to look proper for it too, to look like his position. He needed to put on a show. His brother had forced him to take his ceremonial admiral uniform with for such an occasion.

Dane put on the stiff, yet refined uniform with a bit of discomfort and unfamiliarity. The deep blues of the base, and the red of the aquatic inlay contrasted. It was beautifully designed, but just not common to him. It took some stretching and moving around to get used to. He trimmed his beard as well to keep from looking unkempt. Dane needed to impress, his brother told him. He needed to make an offer that couldn't be refused. As he looked on his mirror at himself, he tried to mirror the pride of his people. He would not grovel for position, he would fight for it. This was his for the taking.

24. NoraTheBrave

NoraTheBrave Member

She was naive to the plots brewing about her. That evening she was supposed to attend the midnight banquet, and had to sleep in that afternoon to save on rest before the exclusive occassion. Her brothers would sooth the tossed cards of different other prospects with riches and whores. Daryoon was excellent at it. She hoped Raslan was one of those he'd chuck out but Sasha had confirmed he would be in attendence despite her silent prayers. The handmaiden also added a few other names, Dane seemed to still be about as well.

Why did her stomach flutter at such a notion? That she would see him again, and perhaps converse further about all the stories he had to tell. Truly, it couldn't be romantic. She was simply intrigued by his adventures, she reasoned. Yes, that had to be it. It was rather borish here at times, and tales from the beyond always had her rolling on her stomach with her chin in her hand. Not that she would give more of a show for the unkept stranger, she had done enough.

Her evening attire was a pink gown, it clung to her form and appeared translucent in the candle light. Her back was bare despite her cascading curls, the strings barely tied the thing together. Her ample breasts rose despite the tight bodice, her tiny waist was concealed though her hips was easily descerned. A drunk guest had once slurred that 'the little miss was made for breeding' and though it shocked her, it did nothing to shame her out of her desire to dress the way she wanted to dress. Men wouldn't make her hide herself, it was the least of the freedoms given to her. Diana drew a diamond choker around her neck, the thick strands sparkled about her throat, her earrings matched the thick ropes and though she felt heavy with all these adornments she supposed it would be the only appropriate occasion to wear them. Her hair was threaded with diamond clips as well. The sparkling stones contrasted against her raven mane like stars on a dark night.

The men of her family sat away towards the head of the oval hall that contained the high throne. She perched upon a separate dais to the right side of the boisterous crowds. Her fellow ladies joined her there, whatever they were talking about it showed in her laughing dark eyes. Diana had joked to her that one of her suitors resembled her newly acquired baby monkey. The resemblance was so uncanny that she couldn’t help but roll her head onto her companion’s shoulder and giggle.

It went on like this, bright and cheerful. Not all her suitors fawned over her, some had engaged with...each other it seemed. Sasha quickly commented on the situation. "Prince Khan and Lord Dastan are something of an item...I believe you are bringing lovers together tonight." They watched as the two beautiful men walked beside one another, Lord Dastan looked much too shy for the boisturous Prince but they seemed quite taken with each other that the girls couldn't help but sigh.

"Hold on." Murmured Diana as she leaned into Alia's ear, "Who is that?!"

The man she was pointing to was standing with Daryoon, he wore a uniform of some sort and he looked terribly distinguished. "Do you know him?" Whispered Sasha, while Alia tried to rack her head about him. He did seem familiar.

"Dane..."She said with a slow smile. "I cannot believe it."

"Terribly dashing." Groaned Diana.

"Yes, you said that." Pouted Alia, it bothered her that her lady was visibly taken with him.

"What?" chuckled Sasha, "I thought it was Will, William and Willy with you."

"Oh Hush!"

"He's talking quite intently with your brother."

"The difficult one." confirmed Sasha

"Can we talk about someone else? You're all so boring." She said with a toss of her hair, a show of nonchallance at their discussion about the man.

"Lord Raslan is looking at him too. Gods, that man is horrofic." Sniffed Diana

"I hear he beats his mistresses for fun, then tosses them over to his cavalry officers." Murmured Sasha while Alia shrunk away when his eyes glanced towards her.

"Did he hear you?" Gasped Diana in fright.

"No...I believe he's only giving Ali one of his warning stares. The man believes he's the chosen one, and is constantly scaring the rest of the visiting suitors into a corner."

"I just want him gone." Alia confessed.

"Well, William is over there- He's looking here as well."

The blonde knight wore a white ensemble and looked like something out of a dream, but she hadn't dreamt of him last night or maybe she has...It wasn't the sort of dream one told friends about.

-

"I am glad to see you finally joining our ranks." Mused Daryoon to the stranger. "But...what's this? Where is your charming brother?" He asked him in mock surprise. He knew the man had already left on some urgent business, and he made sure he was privy of such things. This time however, it irked him that though they were wary of Raslan and the other guests about, he had completly neglected worrying about this one.

25. EFMingo

Dane knew that jab was coming long before it even appeared in conversation. Roderik had taught him the best way to lie to someone is to bury in arbitrary truths. Dane believed of all the lessons he taught, this may be the most important. "My dear brother is not only a great diplomat, but also an important man in trade and information. He is off to take care of our many connections and pass word in business." This may be a time to impress as well, Dane thought as he spoke. "As I'm sure your aware, we hold trade from North to South of the continent through a vast web of controlled trade on the eastern isles and shores. My brother has been of excellent position in such for some time now. I'm sad to see him go, but glad to have the priviledge of speaking to my gracious hosts finally tonight."

He noticed the women someone gawking at him from afar, with Alia in the middle acting as if she already knew. His brother was a court genius after all. Maybe the uniform wasn't so bad.