The Magisters

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Bewitched, May 2, 2013.

1. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"Is such a plan plausible, or do we only get one choice?"

Princess Seamstress shrugged and said, "I can not say. It is up to you and your team. It sounds like a good plan to me, though."

Jubilee smiled brilliantly and ran up to give Miri a bear hug.

"Your brain is so beautiful!" she cooed. "Great plan, girl! We should call you...the Navigator! Yeah, you're the Navigator, heehees!" She chuckled and released Miri from her iron-tight embrace.

Tootey and Sabriel also agreed that they wouldn't mind being in charge of the groups. Tootey WAS an Explorer, after all. And Sabriel, like any member of the feline species, thought he was the boss of the universe, so it only felt natural that they should appoint him as a team leader.

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

Amieal the shy preacher

"Not good now I'm lost." a tall and nervous girl rounded the bend looking fearfully at her dark suroundings. How ad she got here? she couldn't say, "Serves me right looking into places I shouldn't, now I'm here guess that was a or something, portal. Damn it." She sighed to her self and rubbed her arms soothing them from the chill of the place. A thin blue shirt and shorts were all she had, part of her left eye was covered by her long white bangs, The rest of her hair went down to her back. Small sneakers contrasted her hight which was easily 6ft despite only being 16. Tall, a little clumsy, strange eye's with strange hair, she was the definition of awkward. What was funny was while those placed creeped her out, it also fascinated her, so despite knowing were the portal she came through was, she couldn't help but look around first.

Then suddenly, voices, coming from down the hall. She slowly walked towards them, behind a corner there voices sounded, she wanted to call out to them but nervousness choked her. Instead she opted to just, spy on them, peering over the wall she bent side ways trying to get a better look at them while being silent and then.

She tripped over her lanky legs and quiet clumsily fell over her self tumbling right into full view, of everyone. She slowly lifted her head which was now flushed with red, her eye's darted side to side trying to think of a way out of this. Finally she said. "The bible says it wrong to kill people, so...you shouldn't hurt me, or you'll burn in hell..." She smirked nervously at the group of strangers, hoping her appeal to their conscious would save her possible pain.

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Nova Cartwright

No one seemed to have noticed as Nova had quickly been lost in the back fo the pack, but her face had turned bright red after she had realized her mistake.

Farrow purred and opened one amber eye to reprimand her, and her face only got redder beofre she pulled the hood of the jacket she wore oer her face to hideher expression in shadow. Werecat. I just got off on the wrong foot with a Werecat. How stupid can i be?

Then a bumbling, lanky girl stumbled in and tripped over her own two feet, and Nova stifled a laugh. She used to be that way, when she was a bit younger. She had only recently aquired the grace that came with levitation and gravity.

"The bible says it wrong to kill people, so...you shouldn't hurt me, or you'll burn in hell..."

"Like we'd want to hurt you." she said, striding over and helping the girl up. "My name's Nova, and I'm a Gravity Magister. May i ask who you are?" Nova gave her a kind smile and Farrow for once actually wanted to be petted, meowing pitifully and gazing at the newcomer with huge eyes.

Spoiled. Nova admonished, rolling her eyes at him and allowing a slight smirk to come to her face when she looked at him. Farrow's eyes narrowed in warning as if he could do something to make her day very unpleasant, and Nova backed off, instead looking back at the girl.

4. Exzalia

"My name's Nova, and I'm a Gravity Magister. May i ask who you are?"

"Amieal the completely lost girl, he he. It's nice to meet you." She scratched her head and averted her gaze. It was nerve racking to be around so many strangers in such an awkward situation.

5. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

Tori's nose twitched like a mouse. "Fe fi fo fum, I smell the blood of a new person." Tori teased with a large smile. She made her way through the group to the new girl with heavy feet. She could tell by the vibrations in the ground that she had no grace when walking, what so ever. And she was very tall. While Tori's face seemed to stare off into the distance she said, "Names are mandatory here. I'm Tori." She didn't bother sticking out her hand.

6. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Miri: Attitudes

Miri brushed a few trailing tendrils of silvery blonde hair away from her face as Jubilee set her back down. Carefully she resettled the creased blue skirt of her sundress, just as another pale lanky teen tumbled over the wall and came to rest in a heap at their feet. She deftly stepped back, her innate grace all but screaming as she gave the fallen girl space.

Another older girl, the one who totted the cat...Nova, offered her a hand up. Which was probably for the best, Miri thought as she started to giggle. The newcomer towered above her by a foot or more. They would have both ended in a heap if she had tried to help. She knew she was small, but she hadn't felt quite so ridiculously short until now. This girl was nearly as tall as Sven, her dad, only paler.

"The bible says it wrong to kill people, so...you shouldn't hurt me, or you'll burn in hell..." She smirked nervously at the group of strangers, hoping her appeal to their conscious would save her possible pain.

The words were barely out of the girl's mouth before Miri's temper flared, her eyes shifting to a stormy bitter grey. Bible thumper... If it was one thing she couldn't stand it was people who tried to force their view points and beliefs down the throats of others. "Rude assumptions like that are likely to see you there before us..."

Miri knew she sounded like a snot, but Amieal's attitude flayed her on the raw. Indulged as she was by her mother, Miri was a fiercely independent thinker, bright and quick to question. In the past she would have been labelled a witch. Her thirst for knowledge was one of her driving passions and had occasionally landed her in scrapes. The forays with the Tidals, being a prime example.

With her feathers still ruffled, and stubborn little chin in the air she cast her vote. "We have two for the dungeons, I'll go with the grave site group." She didn't feel the need to share her fear of dark, enclosed spaces. Going underground was something she avoided at all cost.

7. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Strangely though.
    Dahlia got close to the newcomer and extended her hand to her.

"Hello, my name is Dahlia Brefthorn... they don't like me, so I guess I'll hang with you for now!" said with her usual smile.

8. Exzalia

Ameial sighed a breath of relief. It seemed they weren't looking to harm her. "Well I guess I'll come with you guys, um...why are you guys here...where is here?"

9. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

"Well I guess I'll come with you guys, um...why are you guys here...where is here?"

"Hi, I'm Jubilee," Jubilee said as she walked up to the newcomer. She flashed one of her big, handsome smiles. "We go to this creepy old boarding school for Magisters, and we snuck out of our beds and discovered a portal to this world. I'm assuming that's how you got here, too--through a portal, right? Are you a Magistrix? Well, anyway, we're trying to help this patchwork people kill an evil doll named the Ragwitch. As long as you aren't a killer, we would be happy to have you stay with us."

Tootey the Explorer tapped Ameial's skinny leg. The little doll girl crossed her arms moodily and frowned up at the tall girl.

"You best not be an agent of the Ragwitch," Tootey sassed.

"Oh-kaaay..." Jubilee knudged Tootey away with her foot. "Don't mind her, she's just a little excitable. But anyhow! I think the teams should go like this:

"Gravesite Team: Sabriel, Miri, Ameial, Nova and Grace.

"Dungeon team: Tootey, Tori, Dahlia, Lyle and myself.

"How does that sound?" Jubilee waited for their feedback.

10. Exzalia

"How does that sound?" Jubilee waited for their feedback.

"It sounds like I'm high on a truck load of shrooms." Ameial responded shaking her head, "We're going to kill what for the what doll people? and what the hell is that?!" she exsclaimed pointing to the talking doll.

You best not be an agent of the Ragwitch,"

"You best not be the fetus spawn of Satan." Ameial replied taking a few steps away from the doll clearly freaked out.

11. Keitsumah

Nova Cartwright

"Gravesite Team: Sabriel, Miri, Ameial, Nova and Grace.

"I'm good with that." Nova said, one hand going up and scratching Farrow under his chin, and the cat purred with a deep rumbling sound as his eyes rolled upwards -clearly in heaven.

"And Ameial . . . magic is a thing that is in this world. What matters is how you use it, so don't be rude." she admonished, giving the other girl a glance.

Either way, I may be able to make up for my mistake with Samiel. Farrow is one thing when he's mad at me, but if I have a werecat on my tail... Nova swallowed and took a step back, placing herself near the boy accidentally.

Farrow -without Nova's knowing- turned his head and flicked one ear at Samiel, still purring. His amber gaze was clearly one of smugness as he near-said with his gaze that 'I've got a slave to tend to my every want, what do you got?'

12. Love to Write

"Dungeon team: Tootey, Tori, Dahlia, Lyle and myself." Jubilee said like a leader.

"Sure." Tori shrugged. "Lyle is the quiet dude right? I can't remember you ever talking, dude." She stated sounding a bit annoyed. Voices to her were like faces to other people. Since she refused to feel a person's face to see what they looked like...she made an image of them in her mind by the sound of their voice. Dahlia was creepy looking. Tootey looked like a cartoon character and Jubilee was a dude with a girl's head and chest. That image was a little weird as well, but whatever.
    "So speak up. It's not like we're gonna kill ya if you talk."

13. lixAxil

You best not be the fetus spawn of Satan." Ameial replied taking a few steps away from the doll clearly freaked out.

"If that cotton ball scares you, I can deal with it" said Dahlia, making a gesture with her head in front of Tootey that strangely resembled the idea of a broken head.

Dungeon team: Tootey, Tori, Dahlia, Lyle and myself.

"That's fine for me. If we're looking we find some nice weapon stored there... I ask for the shotgun" replied Dahlia

Well the team was weird, and they had that useless cotton ball with them....
    Which mean, she wouldn't be bored probably
    A smile formed on her face

"Let's do a good teamwork..." concluded the girl

14. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Jubilee nodded at her team mates contentedly.

"So, it's settled!"

"Indeed it is," the Patchwork King said in his old, sand paper-y voice. He bowed his head slight. "We appreciate your help more than you know, the Ragwitch must be stopped. May your stitches ever be straight, young heroes."

"May your stitches be ever straight...", Princess Seamstress recanted, giving a little curtsy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Dungeon Team

The Patchwork King ordered his army to borrow them another war cart and the two teams left town in two opposite directions. One to the Dungeon, the other to the Grave Site.

The Dungeon team had to take an uneven path. The road was cobbled with compact pillows, but in places they had been disheveled and rucked up out of their places. This created all kinds of holes for the war cart to bungle over. Tootey said it was the evidence of a recent battle between the Ragwitch's evil forces and the Patchwork King's Woodpole Guards.

"When it was really bad, the Patchwork King himself rode into battle alongside a young, powerful Hogarth," Tootey said in a quiet, haunted voice. She was sitting on Jubilee's head once again and Jubilee was steering the cart. "The Princess Seamstress left to other kingdoms to get help, but we received no word from her for monthses and monthses. We assumed the Ragwitch had kidnapped her. And then Hogarth banished the Ragwitch in the final battle, casting her into the Cold Pillow Mountains. Seamstress returned saying that the other kingdoms did not help because they did not want to get involved with fighting a demon-witch." Tootey chuckled a little. "But they had no problem with trying to trick her into marrying their sons and cousins with all kinds of crazy schemes, which was why the Seamstress was delayed..."

Tootey's serious mood passed and she went on to complain about every single thing she saw. Just when even Jubilee was starting to get annoyed, Tootey scremeaed, "Stop, youz!!" They had made it. The decrepit road was gone and they were on a blackened patch of land with a tree at it's sent. The leather skin of the tree was also black, with a huge gaping hole in the side of it's trunk. Hanging from the swaying branches were the severed heads of several mangled doll people--a freezing wind made the heads move back and forth, as if they were saying, "No, don't do it".

"This is it...the Dungeon," Jubilee said, then gulped. "Who wants to go first?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Grave Site Team

The Grave Site team drove their war cart on an winding path through a field of cotton balls. The cottons balls were huge, the size of watermelons, and they stretched on for miles in every direction. When the wind blew, the fluffy white orbs would shake and sometimes one of them would fly away. Sabriel jumped in and out of the cart many times, just for fun, fluff sticking in between his teeth and his claw fingers.

In time, they came to a stop where the road ended. Directly ahead was a solid, seven-foot wall of cotton balls stacked on top of each other. Sabriel gave it a long look, a look that said, This could be a challenge.

"We have to walk through it," Sabriel finally said aloud. He stepped out of the cart and took a dozen steps--and disappeared into the white wall, leaving a boy-shaped hole behind him.

15. lixAxil

Dahlia sighed...

"What are you scared... you never removed the head of a cotton doll before?" said mocking at Jubilee.

She then looked at the heads and said...

"Perhaps if they had cut the middle of the face it would had been more scared...... Hey! Cotton ball, the cotton is like the blood of your people?" asked Dahlia curiously.

Without waiting for a response she went ahead to the dungeon... "Saying... I go alone, or someone who is not the cotton ball follows me?"

16. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Dungeon Team

"Cotton ball, the cotton is like the blood of your people?"

Tootey cast a black look at Dahlia.

"No, youz big dumbhead, cotton is actually food for us, along with other sewing materials," Tootey snapped.

Jubilee took a deep breath and got over her fears and followed Dahlia closely. At the mouth of the hole in the tree, she could see steps leading down into darkness.

"Lyle, we need you to make light," Jubilee said. "And Dahlia...just stop, please. If Tootey is distressed she can't help us, now can she?" The look she gave Dahlia left no room for argument. "Be pleasant. We all know how good you are at faking emotions..." Jubilee picked up Tootey and waited for Lyle.

17. lixAxil

"Be pleasant. We all know how good you are at faking emotions..."
    That was a direct statement.

Walking on the darkness after a few minutes Dahlia decided to reply to it...

"Technically you also fake emotions right?..."
    A blunt question that went straight forward against the girl.

18. SocksFox

SocksFox Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Miri: Pint Sized...

"We have to walk through it," Sabriel finally said aloud. He stepped out of the cart and took a dozen steps--and disappeared into the white wall, leaving a boy-shaped hole behind him.

Miri laughed, suddenly not so conscious of her diminutive frame. She was very close in size to the Werecat. She followed close on Sabriel's heels. "Come on," she called over her shoulder to the others. "If the passage closes up, you'll have a heck of a time getting through." Her bright blue dress was an easy beacon to follow through the wall of white.

19. Exzalia

"Maybe this is a dream?" Ameail said trudging along, "An insane one, but at least it's a fun one." She pushed and shoved her way through the cotton balls trying to keep her balance, it was hard for one so tall especially trying not to step on someones toes, or the doll.

"So you guys are like wizards? Like from harry potter? Or are you witches? You're not trying to cook me in a pie are you?" Ameial chuckled at her own joke.

20. Love to Write

Tori

Dahlia had already gotten out of the cart was headed forward towards the dungeon. Probably in an attempt to prove she was the bravest one. Tori stepped out of the cart and moved forward. The cobblestone was hard and cold underneath her bare feet. Very much unlike the quilted ground before. The vibrations helped her see how truly massive this place was. And how confusing it might be for one who relied on their eyes. She moved forward tentivly. Something about this place felt off, evil. The fear in Jubilee's voice told her, it must look pretty scary. "Are you sure you should be the one leading us Dahlia?" Tori asked. "Just saying I could probably feel the path alot better than you can see it."

21. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Dungeon Team

"Are you sure you should be the one leading us Dahlia?" Tori asked. "Just saying I could probably feel the path alot better than you can see it."

"I agree, you two should switch places," Jubilee said, ignoring Dahlia's comment how she faked her emotions. Dahlia was trouble, from now on she decided not to lecture her anymore. What was the point? She was a lost cause anyway. Maybe Dahlia really was a psychopath. Jubilee was considering whether to tell Teodorie, when they entered the Dungeon.

They had been walking down a long, dark corridor that led deeper into the earth, when Tori's earth sense revealed that directly ahead was a huge chamber. Her sense also told her that there were three archways, one on the left, one straight ahead, and one on the right.

"What do you see, Tori?", Jubilee said. The rest of them were essentially blind without her help. It was kind of funny, now they were the sightless ones and Tori was the one who could see better. But Tootey had other ideas.

"It's the blind leading the blind," the doll girl grumbled, clutching the crown of Jubilee's head with fright.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grave Site Team

The team had gone a ways in the cotton before Sabriel froze so suddenly that Miri would have crashed into him, if she wasn't so quick on her feet, of course.

"We're here."

Before anybody could ask what he meant, Sabriel clawed away a clump of cotton balls to reveal the face of a stone door. The door had no handles, but Sabriel pressed his tiny shoulder against it and pushed--with an incredible effort, he moved the door open enough for them to slip inside. Inside was a small room with gargoyles crouching on plinths in dark alcoves along the walls. Everything was covered in a fine layer of dust.

In the center of the room was a coffin marked NAGA, the Ragwitch's deceased pet. Beyond that on the far wall was a wooden door with an iron hoop in the middle, framed by two torches that burned with strange, blue fire.

"Someone open the coffin, or something...", Sabriel grumbled. The werecat boy was examining one of the gargoyle statues closely, scratching it's snout with one of his claws. Would they spring to life when they opened the coffin...?

22. Keitsumah

Nova Cartwright

"Uhh.. maybe we should get rid of those first?" Nova asked, pointing at the gargoyles. It would take a lot of energy for her to Implode them all, but it was better to be safe than sorry. She tried to hide it, but she was petrified of the idea of opening the coffin and finding out what was inside. Ragwitch or not, some things could be pretty scary even if they were just dolls.

Farrow hurrumphed and slid off of her shoulders, padding on paprer-thin paws as his body bent up and down, folding in on itself until he had some semblance of his normal body. Going up to the same gargoyle that Samiel was scratching, he sniffed it and sneezed, backing up a pace and quirking his head at the werecat. Clearly he had the same assumption.

23. Love to Write

"What do you see, Tori?", Jubilee said.
    "It's the blind leading the blind," the doll girl grumbled.

Tori's eyebrows stitched together in a glare and she aimed the glare at Tootey. "You'd be lost aimlessly in a maze of tunnels right now if I weren't the one leading, doll." She grumped, taking more offense than she should have. "There is a large chamber just ahead of us. There are also three arches we could go through. One on the left, one straight ahead, and one on the right. They all feel identical to me. Think it matters which one we go through?"

24. Bewitched

Bewitched Banned

Grave Site Team

"Uhh.. maybe we should get rid of those first?"

"Sure," Sabriel said, shrugging nonchalantly. In a matter of seconds, the werecat turned to the statues and became a whirling Tasmanian devil. He struck out with his claws and destroyed all the gargoyles around the room. When that was done, he stopped and examined his claws, which were gritty with dust. "Nope, they were just statues," the werecat announced. "I've fought gargoyles afore, they have mercury for blood. These are just stone things. But it does make me wonder how stone got into a cloth dimension..."

"So," Sabriel continued. "What about that wood door back there? Should we ignore it and just open Naga's coffin, or what?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dungeon Team

Think it matters which one we go through?"

Tootey spoke in a sulky tone in response. Her pride was still stung from Tori's snappy retort.

"The legends say these tunnels are booby-trapped up the whazzoo. I guess it doesn't matter which one we take...they're all dangerous."

"I say straight ahead," Jubilee suggested. "Don't the people in fairy tales always go straight...?" In the dark, she was making her squishy, confused face. She didn't like this challenge one bit.

25. lixAxil

"I say, let's cotton ball go ahead, so if there is a trap he'll fall in. He'll probably end torned, but I can fix him." said Dahlia, her tone implied that she was really considering that idea.
    Yet after a bit of pondering she knew that the others wouldn't agree to that, apparently they considered that the cotton ball was somehow alive... and well it was. But besides a toy it didn't seem as anything else to Dahlia.

She sighed and said... "On the other hand, we could scan the tunnels. I need to fragment something and use it to move throw the tunnels. But we would need something to help us register whatever it find..... So anyone has a skill that could help on this?"

Then suddenly, she spoke again, to say something <important> she forgot. "Oh and remember, when we find the stored weapons, the shotgun is mine"
    Inside her, she doubted that this world had something even close useful than that. Yet for some dull reason she climbed to that possibility