The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    @Iain Aschendale
    Bro hug.
    Hug.jpg

Iain Aschendale and Trish like this.
  2. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Just got chewed out by my boss for something I didn't even do -- and he even said that no one liked me. I mean, I know I sometimes lose my temper but I'd like to think I've been mostly decent and kind to them.

3. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I'm sorry, Link. That's awful. What a douche. Maybe he's just projecting?

Link the Writer and Cave Troll like this.
  4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Sounds like he's a cosmic asshole. Those people he says don't like you - what do they think of him? Probably not much. If he treats you that way, he probably treats everyone that way.

5. Dr.Meow

Dr.Meow Contributor Contributor

This^

If your boss is "chewing you out", then that is extremely terrible management. For me, I'd have to just walk out after giving them a rather large piece of my mind. No one likes it when I get going either, the quiet person carries more weight when they get angry. lol Seriously though, at all times, a managers job is to be objective, and remain calm. That person is in charge of making sure everyone else is calm and focused on their task. I've been a manager, I've studied management, and the goal is to make sure your employees have a comfortable working environment, and they feel respected and appreciated. Correction is made through discussion, yes, but it has to be done in a collected manner. You can't berate your employee, and it's not the manager's place to judge who likes who, or anything of the sort. That's like at the top of the fucking list of bad management and what not to do...

Link the Writer and Cave Troll like this.
  6. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Chewing you out for something you didn't even do--- that's totally unfair. Is he in the habit of blaming whomever's closest?

The "no one likes you" sounds like a wild exaggeration and him letting his mouth off the leash. But looking at the situation from his point of view, he's probably saying he doesn't like the management issues he's facing due to your occasional losses of temper. There's a guy at the store where I work who can be a nice, likable guy most of the time, but when he starts going off on his fellow-employees, we all try to avoid him. Which keeps the work from getting done very well and puts pressure on the managers to keep the peace.

I guess what I'm saying is that apologies may be due from both sides. And that while you can't keep your boss from being an unfair turkey from time to time, you might have some power to make the situation better in general.

(Sorry if that came off as insensitive. And they say it's men who offer solutions when people just want a listening ear!)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Link}}}}}}}}}}}}}

BayView and Link the Writer like this.
  7. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Jelly my nose? Aye, right—I'm away— Moose Aboot the Hoose
    moose.png

8. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I hope you suggested he go fuck himself with a barb wire wrapped dildo, before rolling his job description into a tube and jamming it up sideways

9. Cave Troll

@Link the Writer

This should teach the bastard. :twisted:
    AntiClownWand.jpg

20oz, Imaginarily and Link the Writer like this.
  10. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

This isn't very nice.

11. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Community Volunteer Contest Winner 2023

Or politic.

Link the Writer likes this.
  12. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

tempting though - a boss doesn't have the right to abuse his staff... that spells bullying and unfair dismissal .... okay actually inviting him to procreate solo might not be a great idea but theres no way link should put up with that shit... 'no one likes you' is uncalled for unless you are talking to a millwall supporter

(who's team song goes "No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don't care")

Link the Writer likes this.
  13. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

That's a particular and shitty thing, 'managers' bawling out the young eccentric with 'nobody likes you.' Very damaging with young men...[and others, I know, but that's the issue.] Stand strong @Link

Y'see, I'm older - working with a 52 year old with his anger issues. The guy blows his top at 8am, 8.20 and then at 9am, but by 11.30am he gathers all his emotionals together finally, the poor lad. He's my project, written a couple of stories about him & looking forward to writing a bare-knuckle fight scene. Always he's popping the fight stories over a mug of tea, 'and then I says, you fuck with me, I'll fuck you, fuck.' It's so exhausting maintaining eye contact, like a beating almost, and he's about 5'2 and 16 stone, ridiculous.

My god, if he could read, or read the blog entry where he tries to shag me, he'd, he'd shag me to death, I dunno...

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributor Contributor

A couple of jobs ago, I had an interview with my boss which involved him telling me that "one of the girls in the office said you were sexist".

Thinking "Am I?" I asked one of the girls in the office whom I knew a little (her son had been my daughter's boy-friend) and she fell off the chair with laughter at the very idea.

Due to natural wastage in the office, that meant there was only one girl, whom we'll call Sexy Sadie, as the whistle-blower. Roll on a couple of years and Sexy Sadie tries to get me dismissed so she could get my job (which she was totally unqualified to do.)

15. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

One of the "girls" and "Sexy Sadie"?

I'm not sure I'd fall right off the chair...

16. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Sometimes I feel like I wasn't distraught enough when my dad died. I handled it very well; no long mourning period. My dad died when U was fourteen and I only cried a few times. Sometimes I feel like I should have hurt more. Like somehow more negativity is what is appropriate. Because I'm afraid Ididn't care enough. But I think I'n probably being irrational. It's just how I feel sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    matwoolf likes this.
  17. Cave Troll

Thats a bummer.
    Must suck when you have to deal with those overly
    ambitious types, that want to get to the top and don't
    care what they have to do to get there.

Hopefully this comes back to bite her in the ass.

18. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

I have no idea of the circumstances, of course, but I have felt similar now and then after my father died last year. You're not alone in this, and I believe it's a common feeling among those have lost loved ones, regardless of the relationship before the death. We all grieve differently, we all have different coping mechanisms. One thing I would say to you - people (in general) when pondering their own death and thinking about how it will affect their loved ones nearly always want to be remembered with love, happiness, and joy. The good times, not the bad. I hope you feel better.

Oscar Leigh, minstrel and Cave Troll like this.
  19. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    When my mother-in-law was dying and I was blogging about it, I wondered constantly if I was just being a self-aggrandizing shit for doing so, despite the fact that none of you knew her. There are times when I still think I should have just sucked it up and kept my damn mouth shut.

Everybody's got their own issues with grief, I guess is what I'm trying to say. Don't sweat yours too much.

Oscar Leigh, Cave Troll and Trish like this.
  20. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I remember when you locked her in that cupboard, and made your daily posts. It was very entertaining for your blog fans worldwide, and art has its own boundaries. Don't beat yourself up just because you beat up an old lady. Peace.

21. big soft moose

My new team has 9 women and 8 men ... the female half refer to themselves as "the girls"

Cave Troll likes this.
  22. Cave Troll

It is depressing how shallow and naive people are.
    On the other hand, they are completely responsible
    for what comes from being as such.

Trish and Iain Aschendale like this.
  23. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    I know your line breaks are the result of your monitor damage, but sometimes they do transform your posts into poetry.

Trish, Mumble Bee and Cave Troll like this.
  24. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

Gah! I don't want to post the full details here, in case there's enough info to identify me, but HR messed up. It was a piece of carelessness but HR and the legal department will be having angry emails from me and maybe my boss on Monday. I might ask the latter to send one across the sites with instructions on case it's a sign of something bigger.

25. big soft moose

Did you not mean ?

I know your line breaks are
    the result of monitor damage
    but sometimes they do transform
    your posts into poetry

:D

Cave Troll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.