The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Not to mention claiming he/she/it had come up from da streets mon and had it tough so she could speak for the brothers and sisters from da ghet to000.... then claiming in a different thread that he /she/it didn't have to work because s/h/it had a trust fund / family money

If it walks like a troll, talks like a troll, and leaves troll guano everywhere....

Cave Troll and Spencer1990 like this.
  2. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

Hugs izzy bot - you're our freind and we love you (in a platonic and non creepy way) want a cake... how bout some coffeee .. looks around furtively for a ban hammer weilding wrey.... nothing to see here... whistles

Trish, Spencer1990 and izzybot like this.
  3. Millamber

Millamber Senior Member

Very well said indeed

4. S A Lee

S A Lee Contributor Contributor

<hugs back> Back at you, when I read your posts about your anxiety, they give me comfort to know that I am not alone in having feelings like that, so I won't give up if you don't.

Link the Writer likes this.
  5. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I won't give up, and it probably helps that the term 'giving up' doesn't exactly exist in my family's vocabulary. :D

S A Lee likes this.
  6. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

I totally agree with the sentiment, but can we leave the "it" off the gender choices? I understand it in this situation, but it might feel kind of dehumanizing for people who really are working through gender issues...

7. BayView

I've noticed when I go to review the list of people I've put on "ignore" that most of them have strikethroughs through their names. There's a kind of annoying behaviour that just makes itself known...

izzybot likes this.
  8. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Can I get a 30-day free trial?

(Phil Mitchell vs. Samara from "The Ring")
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  9. 123456789

123456789 Contributor Contributor

@Spencer1990 @big soft moose

Your conversation about Phil is pretty transphobic and making me uncomfortable.

If Phil said she was a woman, she is a woman.

big soft moose and Cave Troll like this.
  10. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

To be fair, I wasn't involved in the Pinky matter, on either occasion. The initial temp-ban was placed by one of the other mods and upon the member's return, it was yet a different mod who received the unsolicited, lewd attentions. (not to mention the digital version of used condoms in several threads)

I make this statement for the benefit of any Trolly Von Trollerson who may be reading this so that he or she may know that there is more than one Mjölnir in the arsenal and the other mods most certainly don't need to wait upon my say-so. ;)

11. Millamber

Millamber Senior Member

Actually lol'd at this :D

Wreybies likes this.
  12. big soft moose

I'm fairly certain that most people are intelligent enough to see the difference between discussion of a trolls identity (since trolls lie about everything usually) and a discussion of gender/identity politics .... bringing the latter into this thread smacks of looking for something to be upset about.

(which ironically is the sort of thing Phil would have done)

Catrin Lewis, jim onion and Millamber like this.
  13. jim onion

jim onion New Member

I'm so glad you clarified this. It would've gone right over my head otherwise.

14. big soft moose

I meant more that you are the Hand of the King in these parts, and thus the knightly code by which your fellow modly warriors live is set by your generosity in dispensing judgement.... some might have acted by droit et signeur much sooner, but you have always been much more Tyrion than Joeffery (all be it slightly taller)

Cave Troll, Wreybies and Trish like this.
  15. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

But only slightly. 5' 6". :bigoops:

Shadowfax and Trish like this.
  16. Trish

Trish Damned if I do and damned if I don't Contributor

Over a foot - that's not slightly ;) (coming from someone who is short by all standards:))

Cave Troll and Wreybies like this.
  17. BayView

I have absolutely no interest in discussing what I'd consider common courtesy. But we've been managing to refrain from saying rude things about black people while discussing whether Phil really is black or not, and I think it would be nice if we did the same for trans people. And I wasn't "upset", at least not until I read this reply.

I certainly won't take part in a conversation where "it" is being used, even jokingly, to refer to someone whose gender is at issue. So, I'm out. And I'm disappointed.

izzybot likes this.
  18. big soft moose

And I'd say you are being both over sensitive and argumentative for the sake of it. Trans people are a total strawman as far as this thread goes as no one has ever suggested that Phil is trans ... as far as we know she/he is a (possibly white) man claiming to be a black woman in order to troll threads... no one has at any time suggested that she/he is a man living as a woman or vice versa.

I would never use the term It to describe someone who is transgender or transvestite or awaiting gender reassignment or any other form of 'trans' - I will however quite happily use it as an insult to a troll who cannot decide what gender/race/proffesion or whatever their "character" allegedly is because they can't keep their bullshit straight.

I had hoped that most members would be intelligent enough to tell the difference. Out of respect to the mod team and site harmony I'll leave that there

19. Mumble Bee

Mumble Bee Keep writing. Contributor

Are we going to ignore how they went from 40 to 30?

I think there's a few pages worth of discussion in that move alone.

20. big soft moose

We could - but someone would probably accuse ageist intollerance .... its probably best to conclude that he or she (can I have a singular they ... or will that just start another rabbit hole :D) has been appropriately dealt with by the powers that be and move on.

Given that trollly mc trollface craves the oxygen of publicity it is best to suffocate them with the pillow of disregard for their antics

jim onion likes this.
  21. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Well, I turn 39 in a couple of weeks, so if anyone figures out how to pull that off, I'm all ears.

izzybot, Trish and Mumble Bee like this.
  22. big soft moose

It's simple.... ;)

Homer Potvin likes this.
  23. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Thanks, bruh... I feel younger already!

24. jim onion

jim onion New Member

You rang? :p :love:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Trish and Cave Troll like this.
  25. NoGoodNobu

NoGoodNobu Contributor Contributor

Apparently they're remaking that monstrosity.

I only know because it and several other scary movie trailers took over the preview showings of a film I just went to see.

So much so I thought the film I'd chosen was actually secretly a horror film and was literally ready to flee at any moment (I'm a huge baby).

I'm still gonna have nightmares tonight, just from the trailers. . .

jim onion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.