The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eunoia

Eunoia Contributor Contributor

Wreybies: Sorry to hear you had bad dreams. I'm so glad I don't get dreams like that often.

But at least you were warm, right? That's what I tell myself when I wear my hat which I think makes me look like an idiot, although I secretly actually love my hat.

I handed in my essay today that's worth 45% of a module, and I'm not happy with it at all. I'm just hoping that I get a good mark somehow.

2. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

Each time time I finish a damn essay, another one gets assigned! What the hell is this crap? Can't this semester just end in piece, instead of the ungodly pile that it has become?

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Get used to it. Essay assignments won't go away. They only give way to full blown term papers and dissertations.

4. Celia.

Celia. New Member

i made brownies for a party and already ate half of the batch.....

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Why is that in the not happy thread? :confused:

I still have about 1000 words to write on my essay tomorrow, before about 3pm. Then I need to edit it. And edit my other essay. They're really making us work the last week of term.

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

I agree. A month ago I had to write a 10-page term paper. If you haven't written anything this long before, you will eventually.

@ Banzai- I think Celia meant that she realized she didn't have enough for everyone else and would more than likely have to cook up a whole new batch.

7. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I'd just have cut them smaller, and pretended they were micro-brownies :p

8. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

Aw, thanks you guys! She was having a horrible time. . . the management there doesn't give her the slack she deserves.

I did get her some kit katz, Eun. Chocolate is the way to her heart. Although. . . a burrito sounds awesome, Hidden. :) We both like eating breakfast things even though it may be the afternoon or dinnertime.

Thank you guys so much for the support! And. . . ahem. . . we have an announcement! Tay has filled out an application for the place where I work. She is giving her two weeks notice on Wednesday. She is so euphoric right now. I can't wait for her to work with me, because it is a great enviroment. We've known the people there for years :D :D

9. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^^^^Thank you all for the support. It's so great to come here and see how many care about me :D *hugs*

Yes, I sent off my application this evening, and Tess talked to one of the people she works with who specializes in the application area. She said she'd schedule an interview right away. So that is very good news. Plus, as Tess said, we've known the people who work there forever. And I'm very confident they'll hire me. Now to just tell my soon-to-be-ex-manager. . . Oy, I'm not happy about that. . .

10. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

I don't really care, I was just intrigued by the mention of chocolate :p

Nepotism is highly under appreciated; most of the time, its the only way to get a foot even close to the door.

11. Taylee91

Taylee91 Carpe Diem Contributor

^Yeaahhh! Sure, you were! ;)

12. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Woohoo, congrats on the new opportunity! Exciting stuff! :D

13. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Had one of those days today. Super clumsy. had about 8 things to do at this place.

Had to replace new fly screen on a few doors, and well when i was cutting the offshoot's i cut through the new fly screen, thus take 2. Than after the second go, i got up and slipped and put my arm through it, thus needing a third attempt. A 10 minute job took 30 minutes.

Also was screwing in a new bulb, and broke it, cutting my hand a little bit.

What didn't help was, it was near 40C inside the house and i was dripping sweat everywhere.

Nothing huge, but one of those days i felt useless.

I see the funny side to it now.

14. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. And all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again.

I feel like I'll never get my life back. I am so anxious and so upset that today I actually threw up. I've been too anxious to think about food or sleep. I'm not even hungry or tired. I'm entering my second panic attack of the day, and I feel like I'm just getting worse. I wish I could go outside to clear my head, take a walk or something, but it's below zero and my hair is wet.

Not to mention that this is a great recipe for finals week next week.

15. Speedy

Do you know what the cause of the panic attacks are (exams?)

Panic attacks are no fun, been there, done it, almost brought the t-shirt, but i was anxious and thus never got it.

16. Mercurial

I wish it was something as explainable as exams. No, anxiety is just my default mode because I don't let myself feel anything else. It's gotten worse and more frequent because I'm finally exploring the reason behind all my anxieties. Funny how that works.

17. Speedy

Not really that suprising. I went most my life either flat or secretly depressed, and when i discovered how i was, i went further into it, like i'd never had before. Took it on, and after a hard fight, took control.

Life works funny. We can think we know what we are doing and how we will do things, but life just throws us in the way, and deals with us in time.

18. Mercurial

Thank you for being there, Speedy. It's so embarrassing. I am having the worst panic attack of my life.

19. Speedy

Don't be embarrassed. It's insane how panic attacks are so, so common with people. yet when you have one, all logic goes down the drain and it's freak out time, and well when i used to have them, it always felt like, nothing else existed but fear and dread.

*Hugs*

We'll always be here for you.

Spilling it out when you need to is important.

20. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

*Makes myself take a very very long and center grounding breath*

I have one of the most.. inconsiderate...... HORRIBLE... yeah I'm going to stop there before I loose my calm... I hate my "roomate" and I use that term very loose because if I went into it anymore it would just be bad... bad... bad.

21. Evil Flamingo

Evil Flamingo Banned Contributor

I had this once, then I got my own dorm-room and kept it for a year and a half. I'm kind of glad I'm out of that now. My housemates are pretty awesome, but I'm super glad I don't have a roommate.

22. Tessie

Tessie Contributor Contributor

So I ordered a music cd with BestBuy online, and I have waited a full week. No package (which was supposedly coming today), and no email confirming purchase. I don't know how much longer I want to wait since it's my Christmas present for my mother. I'm not going through Amazon this buying season, but this blows. :(

EDIT: Just found the cd at Overstock.com. I'm praying it works. :) I paid 12 bucks for shipping so it better!

23. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

I am not happy because I am currently getting a C in World Studies (for some god-forsaken reason! It's one of my best classes! How do I have a C?!) and print journalism (another of my best classes, apparently I didn't help enough with the design last month :( ), and D in math (working my damnedest to get that back up to a better grade!). All the rest is A's and B's, but it always unnerves me since I hate bad grades. I'm in 10th grade, and I know how much grades count. I want to go to the University of Chicago Law School (thinking about being a lawyer or civil litigator), and their acceptance rate is very rigid.

I'm just worried I won't get into my dream school. :( :eek: I'm terrified that my GPA will dip and I won't get into the school I so desperately want to get into. I'm working my damnedest to get the first two grades back up (should be easier, because they're my best classes) but math is difficult. I'm staying after school a lot to get that grade up. I'm just very worried.

24. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Jesus <expletive> Christ! I went to my doctor's appointment at 12:25 pm and ended up waiting until 1:30 before my name was called. I verbally whispered "Thank God" to myself, hoping no one would hear it. (I seriously contemplated leaving the place all together. After all, I was healthy as far as I could tell, so why bother going anyway?)

After being weighed and measured both physically and internally (heart rate, blood pressure, etc.), I waited thirty more minutes for the doctor to come in. We chatted and he decided to send a nurse in to give me a flu shot.

I waited for what felt like fifteen minutes before the nurse came in and gave me the flu shot. It wasn't that bad at all. I could barely feel the needle.
    What time was it when I finally left? 3:30 pm.

Let me put it to you this way. I was reading a book on Kindle while I was waiting. I was on Chapter 30 when I entered and was on Chapter 45 when my name was called.

And on another note: While I was waiting to be called, I went into the bathroom. Just before I pulled my pants down, revealing my pink buttox and skinny-ass legs, an old man enters. He says, "Hey, how ya doin'?" I blinked in stark confusion before telling him I was going to the restroom (It should've been that obvious from the get go via seeing me standing in front of the toilet, yet he just walked on in). Once he understood, he just left. WTF was that about? At least I learnt my lesson: Lock the door when you go or else you and the intruder will be gifted with a very awkward and embarrasing moment that will haunt you for life.

25. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Jesus, Merc. :( Are things getting any better with the new meds they put you on? Doesn't sound like it...but I hope you get this under control, it sounds terrible!

We seem to be having quite a few roommate issues lately. :( I hope you get yours resolved!

Good luck! I hate issues with shipping, especially right before Christmas...

Aww, I hope you get your grades up! You can do it!

Doctors are the worst. :/ As is people walking in on you in the bathroom...but shouldn't you always lock the door when you go?

I called in late October/early November to make an appointment with my doctor about my suddenly horrendous periods, and the earliest appointment date was December 14th. Not only will I be out of town that day, meaning I have to reschedule for god knows when, but guess who started her period today? Thankfully, I made it through work, but now I'm sitting on the couch, unable to move. And this is after taking the super-powered pain killers they gave me at urgent care...

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.