The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

Work sucks, life sucks, I self medicate with alcohol too much, I've been wearing the same contacts since August (supposed to be daily contacts that you throw away after one use but don't have the money to get more), bills are high, funds are low, Christmas is coming and no money to spare for kids presents, hubby and i fought again this morning and I'm missing Pies with Parents at my son's school bc I'm stuck at this stupid, stupid job where I babysit inmates and feel useless. Oh, and I've had writers block for like, 2 months and am making NO PROGRESS on my stupid novel. FML.

minstrel, Cave Troll and matwoolf like this.
  2. The Dapper Hooligan

The Dapper Hooligan (V) ( ;,,;) (v) Contributor

You could always convert. Jehovah's Witness's don't do any holidays, so it's a great way to save money throughout the year.

Cave Troll and Stormsong07 like this.
  3. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

You're not useless @Stormsong07 ...! We all feel useless from time to time but we're not really, it's just the effects of "every day life" dragging us down. You're obviously a wonderful mum to your children and a loving wife to your lucky hubby. This is a stressful time of the year, Christmas is a costly time of the year and I can tell you that funds are limited for me as well - a 2.5 litre car to run, toddler to support and crazily my boyfriend and I are both working and there's still no money... It's that time of the year. Bills, fuel, shopping and all that with Christmas added in on top...

You'll be O.K and your children will have a great Christmas, you all will. Times are hard but you'll get by and so long as you're all happy that's all that matters. Your family love you and you clearly love them very much, I know you'll all be fine and will have a great Christmas!

Don't worry about rowing with your hubby. It's natural, you're probably both stressed and just need some chill out time. My bf and I rowed the other week over money, it was a stupid argument and we both apologised later that day.

And as for writer's block, hang in there! It can be quick or it can last for months on end. Maybe try and start a new story or scene, it's surprising how coming up with something new can stop writer's block.

Sending you a hug... :friend:

Stormsong07 likes this.
  4. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

Living is my least problem. I own my own apartment and while I'm still paying it of the cost of living is a lot less than if I rented. I get my last pay check in January and with savings I don't have to panic right away...

But I'll need a job by the begining of next year.

5. VictoriaPrincess

VictoriaPrincess Member

Wishing you all the best of luck in finding a new job.

Lemie likes this.
  6. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

There's always the backup plan of moving in with @Lost the Plot and blowing away the interviewers at IKEA with your ability to pronounce all the furniture names. :)

But seriously, best of luck. I hope it all turns out OK.

7. Lemie

Lemie Contributor Contributor

I've been thinking of doing that for age! That said, the plan is for Lost to move to Sweden because of cheaper housing and such.

...but if the worst comes to the worst... I might take over an IKEA or two :angle:

flawed personality likes this.
  8. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    Lord no! The Prophecy states that if all the Names in the Store are pronounced correctly, He will be Summoned to bring his Reign of Terror* to the Earth!

*flat-packed, assembly required

Komposten, Lemie, Mark Burton and 3 others like this.
  9. The Dapper Hooligan

Who knew the apocalypse could be stalled by a couple of missing screws and an allen key.

10. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed

11. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I know Ricky Gervais divides people but his film 'Life On The Road' just played on the BBC and it really upset me. Like 'Bambi' upset.

Bastard.

I remember my father being over-distressed by 'Trains, Planes & Automobiles.' Much the same thing maybe?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  12. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    Shitty glum depressive mood and I don't know why...

13. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

For me, it turns out to be the increase in Alien comm traffic. Check your scanner with a spanner! :eek:
    Feel better! :p

14. Mark Burton

Mark Burton Fried Egghead Contributor

I went in for surgery last week under general anaesthetic to finally deal to the abcess in my back. Up until now, the cut has been about an inch long, so when I took the bandages off, I was expecting much the same. I got a shock when I saw it in the mirror. It's four inches long and hurts like hell too! At least the infection is gone. I suspect the surgeon is hoping for some repeat business for plastic surgery as it's the ugliest thing out. It looks like a mouth with no teeth as it's indented. I also didn't know they don't do stitches anymore; it's super-glued closed.

Oh well, I'd better come up with some good stories. I'm thinking along the lines of got bit by a great white shark or beat down Freddy Kruger sort of thing.

15. The Dapper Hooligan

Well, I was going to winge about slipping on the ice and landing on my tailbone, but I think you got me beat. Here's to hoping you heal up fast and clean.

16. Millamber

Millamber Senior Member

It appears this mood has spread to me too... this is bad times! Hopefully watching some LotR whilst hitting the treadmill later will help shift it somewhat...

17. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    To each their own and good luck :)

18. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

Those are miserable! Me an the Missus been there, done that. Follow whatever instructions faithfully. And do whatever it takes not to disturb it!

Mark Burton and matwoolf like this.
  19. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I'm mid-treatments for the boil on my lower under-spine. Very humiliating with my face down on the bed. Otherwise it's the doctor. He grimaced when I showed him my balls last time. He said 'are they always that size?' I've been telling everyone ever since about my superballs. I think there's websites I can join and all sorts.

20. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

The subQ and any deeper tissues are most likely sutured with a disolveable material, it’s just the skin they use the glue on. The decent thing would have been to mention that to you before hand and give you the option of the glue or sutures. They use the glue, both, for the ease, and no return visit to have the sutures removed in 7 to 10 days.

As for stories, I suggest having a selection ready sutable for the occasion. My nominees are:

1) That’s where they removed the alien tracking device after I was abducted by a benevolent race from a galaxy far far away.

2) I was part of an old timey ventriloquist act; I was the dummy.

3)I get my batteries changed every so often, it’s always nice to have a fresh set.

21. Mark Burton

Thanks for the information and I like the story suggestions!

flawed personality likes this.
  22. Mark Burton

Yes, I'm trying very hard not to awaken that monster. Whenever it stirs, it likes to inflict pain.

23. Carriage Return

Carriage Return Member

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
  24. John-Wayne

John-Wayne Madman Extradinor Contributor

And I have to re download Fallout 76 since if you don't do it all in one setting the launcher doesn't save it and you lose your progress.... it takes 2 days of not turning my Laptop off to accomplish this, with hit's retarded slow download speed.

Bethesda what the fuck are you doing, should have kept the game on Steam, and why does it delete what I have already downloaded if I don't do it in one setting. Other platforms allow you to download in sections. as I have done with my PS4 and even Nintendo Switch, so why are you fucking this up with that stupid Bethesda.net launcher.

Cave Troll likes this.
  25. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

So, I worked Fri-Sat-Sun. Got home at 7:45 pm on Sunday. Hubs had done the laundry, but not folded it yet, (no biggie) so all the laundry crates are full of clean clothes. So I drop my work pants on the floor in a dirty-laundry pile. Whatevs, right? I'll pick 'em up tomorrow after I fold laundry. Got woken up at 5:30 am by hubby's alarm (he forgot to turn it off, again, not the issue here). Lay back down. 5:45, cat is meowing. I sit up to see where he is and what he thinks he needs. (He is an indoor/outdoor cat, has food and a litterbox in the bathroom next door). Maybe he wants to go out? Don't see him. Lay back down. Next thing I know, I hear the distinct sound of liquid hitting fabric. Bolt upright. Cat is PEEING ON MY WORK PANTS. MY ONE PAIR OF WORK PANTS. I HAVE NO OTHER WORK PANTS. (I wear an issued uniform, we recently switched colors of the uniform, so everyone only has ONE pair of pants until they can order more). Throw the cat outside, put pants in bathtub, let them soak. Wash them. Used apple cider vinegar and everything. At work today-- MY PANTS SMELL LIKE CAT PISS. I am the cat-piss coworker today. FML.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.