The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OmniTense

OmniTense Active Member

Thank you. I have to admit, I feel relieved atm. These sort of things always happen around holidays seems like. I needed good news. He's too young for something like that too happen to him. He's still just a puppy.

-SIN

2. cosmic lights

cosmic lights Contributor Contributor

You and me both. My dog is my world and it makes me neurotic over her. But sometimes it pays to be cautious.

3. Moon

Moon Contributor Contributor

Three young men beat a sixty year old man to death for one dollar.

Humans, I tell ya.

Cave Troll and NobodySpecial like this.
  4. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

See, I poke my head out from under my rock to see if anything has changed - Nope.

*grumbles from under rock*

Cave Troll and Steve Rivers like this.
  5. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

Are you ready to be really sick? It was a gay couple out just for a walk. The 60 year old took the beating; the whole time telling his partner to not worry about him, to run to safety.

6. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

I think you'll have to put a cryo-chamber under that rock, and wait till we've merged all our consciousness together with AI before things will change. Even then, it's doubtful. Either way, it's gonna be a looooooooong wait.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
  7. Some Guy

A generation is about all it would take. And an asteroid strike. I should write a story about it... Hey, wait a minizzle! So that's what all this alphabet soup coming from my keyboard is? :D

8. NobodySpecial

Do we have a this-sucks-but-there’s-an-upside thread? The winds knocked out the store’s internet and phone service (if the power had gone too I could have closed up and gone home). On the up side, being so windy I don’t have to pick up the trash in the parking lot. That’s someone else’ problem today.

Cave Troll and Rockatansky like this.
  9. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

teacher: you should have these textbooks
    Me: *looks on syllabus, course materials, and announcements for where textbooks are listed and finds nothing* what textbooks?
    teacher: in the announcements...
    me: where?
    teacher: *sends link*
    Me: -opens link that is posted nowhere on website and finds the page is set to private- the page is set to private. can you tell me the titles and authors?

....class starts tomorrow and i'm already behind because now i have to find and purchase textbooks last minute.... :(

10. EstherMayRose

EstherMayRose Gay Souffle Contributor

I hate it when teachers get like that. And somehow it's Your Fault.

11. NobodySpecial

My sanity has officially been laid to rest. Yesterday, I spit out half a tooth. So first thing this morning I was at my dentist’s office to tend to it. First thing we do is take X-rays (and apologize for not brushing since the night before last, my teeth are kinda sensitive right now). I’m looking at the X-rays with the dentist, and he’s pointing out the fact that because of me his kids haven’t had to go to state schools, and I ask about this curious little tooth and ask ‘is that a wisdom tooth?’ He says yes and that it’s infected, the other one probably is too. ‘Other one?’ I ask. Didn’t we take those out about ten years ago? He says I thought we did, too.

So now not only do I have two wisdom teeth that should not be there, they’re impacted and infected and I have to wait till Monday to get them re-removed.

I’m going to demand to see the teeth after they remove them this time.

12. J.T. Woody

J.T. Woody Book Witch Contributor

curious! can wisdom teeth grow back??? I know some people are born with extra teeth that dont really break the surface but they would have known that with an x-ray. was this dentist the one who removed them? if so, did he remove the wrong ones???

funny, when I was losing my teeth (during the time you're supposed to lose teeth, lol), they would crumble out. I'd lose PIECES of my teeth at a time, almost never whole teeth. they werent rotted/rotting or anything. only thing dentists said was that my baby teeth just weren't that strong and were dissolving as the new teeth grow in (i dubbed myself "Acid Mouth" after that!)
    Perhaps I have discovered a fellow Acid Mouth!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  13. NobodySpecial

Records show they were supposed to take out 4 wisdom teeth, plus the cracked molars in front of them. The wisdom teeth were in an odd position where, because of the pressure, the molars in front of them cracked. They pulled 6 teeth in that sitting- they were supposed to pull 6. Looks like they may have only pulled 4.

Cave Troll likes this.
  14. NobodySpecial

I looked into that; just because you posed the question. Typically, no they don’t. In rare cases some people have had ‘stacked’ wisdom teeth- two in a row. Pull the first one, and the second moves up. It’s uncommon, it’s unlikely, but it has happened.

15. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Maybe you're part shark? :)
    (Also I am sorry your not feeling well.)
    [​IMG]

Steve Rivers and Some Guy like this.
  16. marshipan

marshipan Contributor Contributor

Yesterday was a weird day for me mentally (random panic issue) and now today I cant seem to concentrate. Blah. Guess I might just watch tv despite the book I want to edit. My brain wants to lay in my head like it's a hammock to nap on.

17. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

So I woke up in the middle of the night feeling anxious and furious at myself.

Why? What did I do? Well, apparently I agreed with my family to go back to church. Despite the fact that I'm agnostic and don't really buy into that stuff anymore. I only did it because I wanted to spend more time with my family.

I'm anxious because I'm not sure how to reconcile being agnostic and going to church at the same time. Kind of counterintuitive isn't it? I'm furious because I rather enjoyed not having to spend half a Sunday at church. And perhaps lowkey wondering if I'm either being selfish or blowing things entirely out of proportions.

Chiefly I'm curious as to how one goes to church when they themselves are agnostic. :3 Also someone kindly tell my anxiety to STFU and let me get back to sleep. -_- It's 11:30 pm at the time of this post!

#StupidBrain
    #LateNightAnxietyAttack

Cave Troll and Naomasa298 like this.
  18. Some Guy

Never allow anxiety to attack without returning fire.

Cave Troll and Steve Rivers like this.
  19. GrahamLewis

GrahamLewis Seeking the bigger self Contributor Contest Winner 2022 Contest Winner 2024 Contest Winner 2023

an oasis of PC midst right-wing extremism
    Currently Reading::
    Zen Flesh, Zen Bones
    You don't say what kind of church it is, and if it's some real Bible-thumpers who won't tolerate their doctrine being questioned, I'd be anxious too.

But if it's a more mainline church, I think the issues would be lesser. I can see why that could make you feel a bit hypocritical, and that could make you anxious. Still, the act of attending won't really matter much. Agnostics have not decided for sure, so what's the harm in doing a bit more "research"? In that context I'd go for option two, "blowing things out of proportion. "

And I can see how losing a morning of free time would be a pain. Still, it sounds like you made a trade-off of a few hours for more contact with your family; only you can say if it turns out to be worth it. But having made that choice, I think it rules out being selfish.

BTW, I'm a life-long agnostic, leaning more and more toward the spiritual side of the question; and considering attending some sort of church as much for the social aspect as the doctrine. Of course it would have to be a "liberal" sort of congregation, willing to have free and open discussion.

20. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

I go to the pub, doesn't mean I like or have to like guinness or vodka.

21. Naomasa298

Naomasa298 HP: 10/190 Status: Confused Contributor

I once went to church despite being non-Christian (I was, and still consider myself a pagan), because a pretty girl asked me.

I stood there and flapped my mouth as everyone sang, because I had no idea what the words were.

Didn't get no reward for it either.

Some Guy and Steve Rivers like this.
  22. NobodySpecial

Two dentists later, I still have the painful broken tooth, and the immaculate impacted wisdom teeth. They’ll take them out tomorrow. Ignore everything I went through to make this happen today- they’ll take them out tomorrow.

love to read and Cave Troll like this.
  23. NobodySpecial

My ride home flaked out. I called to tell him I was done and he wouldn’t answer his phone. I called for a cab, they wouldn’t send anyone out unless I gave them a credit card number- I wasn’t about to do that. I ended up walking the five miles home.

24. Homer Potvin

Homer Potvin A tombstone hand and a graveyard mind Staff Supporter Contributor

Half a day? Whatever happened to 45mins? Half an hour if you dip out after communion. Prob different for you in Alabama. Providence Roman Catholic, we were out in time for kickoff.

25. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    My folks always had to go for coffee hour before, then an hour-long service if the pastor wasn't feeling talkative, then some more gossip afterwards. It was pretty much a three hour event, followed by recreational slamming of the other denominations as we drove past them on the way home.

Some Guy and Cave Troll like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.