The Not Happy Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cogito, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Rivers

Steve Rivers Contributor Contributor

*whispers* Just don't tell her about the bunting, ticker-tape, and pyrotechnics we bought for when it happens.

2. keysersoze

keysersoze Senior Member

I think this thread is not a Not Happy Thread. It is another Happy Thread only masquerading as a Not Happy Thread. Every time I come here and read things, I just feel so much happier.

Some Guy, Cave Troll and Steve Rivers like this.
  3. iowawriter

iowawriter Senior Member

Every morning this week, I've felt so many thoughts full of fear and worry. Scared about what the day might bring, scared about the future, scared about everything. They just overwhelm me.

The thoughts go away as I work and the day goes on to the point where I'm actually content at night.

But these feelings are the same I had in the months after Mom died and I wish they would go away.

4. Stormsong07

Stormsong07 Contributor Contributor

Had another fight with hubby yesterday. I feel like I'm slowly losing myself. I'm not who I once was, and it's all my fault. I'm not who I want to be. I feel like I'm failing at everything. I don't want to go to work, but I don't want to be at home. I thought I'd have done something more notable with my life by now. Then I get online and see this: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2020/jul/22/four-year-old-lands-book-deal-poetry-nadim-shamma-sourgen-kate-clanchy and feel extra useless. Bleh.

Some Guy, deadrats, Rzero and 3 others like this.
  5. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Contest Winner 2022

Your day will come. Which sounds threatening, but I swear it isn't, haha. Just keep going. You'll find your way.

--
    Had one of the worst nights I've had in a while. Actually got out of bed to deal with the thing I saw coming for me, but it wasn't really there. I wish I could be that brave when I'm not exhausted.

6. flawed personality

flawed personality Contributor Contributor

:friend::friend::friend::friend::friend:

Cave Troll likes this.
  7. Earp

Earp Contributor Contributor

You may indeed be a failure, but don't go by the publicity stunt you linked to. The kid's 'poetry' is crap.

8. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Well, that's about 3 hours of my life I won't get back ...BT Internet just changed the interface of my email without warning. Of course lots of things screwed up during the changeover, including the order I'd organized my folders in. Still can't figure out how to re-send an email. (That option has vanished.) Pain in the ARSE. And the only thing that has improved is apparently I don't have to keep signing in all the time. However, that's simply restoring a feature they took away LAST time they reinvented the wheel.

And no, their help function is useless. Things like "have you forgotten your password?" Nothing really useful about the changeover.

GRRRRRrrrrr. It's not that I can't get used to it, it's that I'd prefer to do it on my own timetable. Not have it suddenly revamped when I'm in kinda a hurry to get emails done.

9. Malisky

Malisky Malkatorean Contributor

My room is bugged in the literal, scary way. Where do these disgusting, multi legged, little fuckers come from damn it?! Just a minute ago I almost had an aneurysm! As I was typing, a brazen centipede came marching full speed on my desk and it was coming toward me. I managed to push back the chair and dodge it on the last millisecond. It jumped! It really tried to attack me! Can you believe it? The little... :supermad: !!!!!!!

Well, it failed and now it's just another blob on a much uncomfortable spot to clean on my wall. I don't know how many of them I've killed this week. I've lost count. They're not the type that bite or can cause harm in any way, but they're so creepy. Yuk! Tomorrow, I'm gonna clean behind every corner of my room and exterminate anything that moves... except for the spiders. Imma take some of them out though. I think it's time I controlled their rising population.

On another note, that's it for me: No more alcohol. Not a drop. I'll never, in any occasion, drink tsipouro again. Or whiskey. Or tsipouro and whiskey. Only beer. I'll only drink beer from now on. Beer is good enough.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  10. Xoic

Xoic Prognosticator of Arcana Ridiculosum Contributor Blogerator

You need a lizard in the house to eat them. I used to hear quiet little scrabbling noises when I'd go down in the basement sometimes, and I knew there was some kind of animal, I figured a mouse or rat. But then recently I saw it—it's a skink! One of those little-blue-tailed lizards. It was missing part of the tail, but they grow back fast. And they're insanely quick!

And suddenly I realized—I haven't seen a spider or a bug in the basement for a long time!! I guess it's eating them. There used to always be spiders.

11. Malisky

They're so cute, but I can't get one. It won't survive here, furthermore it would just leave from the window I assume.

12. Iain Aschendale

Iain Aschendale Lying, dog-faced pony Marine Supporter Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Telemachus Sneezed
    House centipedes are a guaranteed defense against cockroaches, just sayin'.

13. Malisky

I won't wait for the day to witness a stand off such as this. I draw the line hea! Tomorrow is judgement day! :twisted:

14. Some Guy

Some Guy Manguage Langler Supporter Contributor

:friend:

I hate fighting with Wifey, and I understand the emotional identity anxiety only too well. Just remember anything you see on the InnardNet is somebody's bucket of bullshit, it has no meaning other than hype. Keep going with your stories because they are yours! :)

15. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    (march)

So I kinda like that new Chicks (née "Dixie") song but (march) I made the mistake (to your own drum) of listening to it twice yesterday (hey hey) and now I can feel it inside (I'm an army) my head I can feel it (of one hey hey) pulsing and crawling and (march march) twisting and turning and devouring my grey (to your own drum) matter like some sort of toxic neoplasmoid THING and I'm hoping I'M AN ARMY OF ONE! that we're operating under the rules of MARCH MARCH MARCH MARCH The Ring and if you watch this Natalie Maines won't come ripping out of my I'M AN ARMY OF ONE! eyeballs next week please please won't you please MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

jannert, Cave Troll, Some Guy and 4 others like this.
  16. Rzero

Rzero Reluctant voice of his generation Contributor

So I guess they dropped "Dixie" because of associations with the Confederacy. Cool. Good thing there's nothing problematic about calling women "chicks."

17. Dogberry's Watch

Dogberry's Watch Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Contest Winner 2022

As a Chick myself, I have no problem with it. They're fine examples of strong women and if you think they're reducing that power because of a name, well, maybe listen to the album in its entirety before passing judgment. Empowerment is about taking back the things other people call you, and I can think of far worse things to be called than chick.

18. Rzero

Rzero Reluctant voice of his generation Contributor

I wasn't passing judgement. I was making an observational joke, mostly at the expense of the PC police. I'm actually a big fan, thank you. Natalie is even from my home town, not that either of us is overly proud of that town.

19. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Found out what a certain abbreviation stands for.

Not 'command post' which was on my mental map. It never crossed my mind that there was a different association people would make. And to make it worse, I'd used it somewhere official, though I'd rather not say where. I rectified this as soon as I found out. :meh:. Stupid, embarrassed, distressed are just the topmost layer of emotions I'm going through right now.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
    Cave Troll and Iain Aschendale like this.
  20. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Ugh...have to get a new car foot, but at least I caught it
    and took it off before it decided to blow up on me driving
    down the road. Thought it was off, when it was squishy
    and the steel belt was starting the poke through.
    Won't be happy if I have to drive further than town for
    a replacement, but either way it gives me some time to
    read. :)

Room with a view and Some Guy like this.
  21. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    At first I couldn't decide between this:

[​IMG]

And this:

[​IMG]
    when you said "car foot."

22. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

23. Room with a view

Room with a view Senior Member

Thank you for maintaining the dignity of the deaf/hard of hearing folks you mentioned. I am HOH myself, an often overlooked group who seem to be forgotten about in most areas of life.

24. Iain Aschendale

Telemachus Sneezed
    LOL. Although it seems like the mathematics department at Devonlive may be on furlough currently:

1974+50=???

Yeah, whatever. :)

flawed personality and Rzero like this.
  25. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

at work we call it devon lies...it is to local news what fox is to national

Iain Aschendale likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.