1. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Act One Discussion

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Domino355, Dec 25, 2016.

Let the god games begin. And may the odds be ever in your favour.
    Make sure to PM me your template before posting it here

Here's the link to the RP site:

http://act-1.wikia.com/wiki/Act_One_Wiki

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

And I'm here first :). Also, once someone starts making the world, I'd be happy to make a map.

Name: Khaline
    Titles: Queen of the Hunt, Tender of Thorns

Appearance(s): Khaline appears as an athletic human woman, with delicate, yet sharp features, and a smile that reveals canine teeth. Her forehead bear a set of small antlers. Her black hair goes down to her waist and is left wild and untamed. Mixed with her locks are quills like that of a hedgehog, and feathers akin to those of a hawk. Her eyes are a malevolent yellow, with irises like a cat. Her legs have rear jointed knees and cloven feet, with a layer of fur up to her thighs. In terms of clothing, she keeps it simple, furs and hides shaped like a loin cloth as well as a covering for her chest. Around her neck is a leather string holding a series of bird skulls, with pieces of fur on her arms pierced with feathers.

Aspects: Nature, Hunting, Games

Powers and Weapons:
    Khavanda's Reach
    - Named for her favoured bird, Khaline's bow is a mundane weapon by godly standards. The wood was taken from the heartwood of a dark, old oak, and then worked upon by Khaline for eight summers and seven winters. While this has produced a weapon of exceptional quality, it is the arrows that truly make the weapon a tool of divine. Each of them is made from the same wood as the bow and fletched with feathers from her own mane. This allows her to redirect arrows mid flight and when combined with her own strength, lets her kill near anyone with a single shot.
    The Goddess's Call - Carved from the tusk of a mammoth, this warhorn is inscribed with images depicting Khaline's favoured creatures, and, when blown, allows her to call them from wherever she is.

Nature's Blessing - With great effort, Khaline can grant creatures her blessing, causing them to become monstrous versions of their former selves. The process also makes them extremely loyal to her, and her to them. Only one "child" of hers has rebelled, The Great Boar Guln, who was filled with such rage he charged at the goddess. The swine was put down, and Khaline spent many nights feasting on its flesh.
    Imbibe the Wild- Khaline can cause both others and herself to take on physical and mental aspects of animals or plants be it causing her arms to become wings, give those that insult her the face of a pig or even reduce someone's intellect to that of a hanging plant.
    The Eternal Hunt - With a single word Khaline can mark one of her foes with a paw-like brand upon their back. From this point on, any predator that comes upon the marked will hunt them, seeing them as nothing but prey.
    The Treeward Lady - While more often associated with animals instead of plants, Khaline is still representative of nature as a whole and is able to use trees as gateways between each other. While this would allow her to slay any she wished quickly, to do so would ignore the thrill of the hunt.

Cohorts:
    The Primal Menagerie - When each animal was created, Khaline would choose one that would be the greatest of their kind. Stronger, faster and smarter than the rest of their kin. The prey would serve to keep their species safe, to ensure that they never died out. The predators, however, would join Khaline in her hunts, their fury matching her own. Her first creation is Khavanda, The Feathered Queen, a falcon whose egg she stole and blessed. At the moment, the beast is capable of picking up a human in each talon, while serving as Khaline's mount. Her other favourites are Sekhmet the Spotted, a jaguar who can disappear in any shadow and reappear out of any other, and Skoll and Hati, twin wolves of ferocious size and horrifying appearance, with their quilled backs and fur coarse enough to stop blades.
    The Gladekin - What would happen if a plant was to be given the qualities of an animal? This was the game that Khaline played one day, creating a veritable legion of creatures to serve her. From briar patches, she created rosehounds, from small trees willow ants, and from mighty oaks, Lumber Apes. If ever threatened by a force that cannot be hunted, they serve as her war host

Personality: Khaline represents nature in its most predatory fashion. All animals profit off the labour of another. Even the rabbit consumes plants, taking the energy within for itself. Because of this, Khaline's personality is based around survival of the fittest, meaning that which is most suited to its environment, not the most brutal or most physically powerful. She believes conflict to be a natural part of the world, and a means of improving the self by teaching new skills, and the collective world by removing weak elements. Furthermore, she sees games as a useful means of honing one's skills, and will often seek partners for sparring or even mental challenges.

History:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
    I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  3. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Name: Marama
    Titles: Goddette of the moon, Chain of the ocean, Bringer of tempests
    Appearance:
    [​IMG]
    Aspects: Ocean, fishing, moon, storms
    Powers:
    The Eye-
    Using water and a shell, Marama can see anyone or anything in the sea.
    Angry Seas- Using their chains, forged from silver from the moon, Marama can cause storms that have an awesome destructive force.
    Plentiful Harvest- Using sand that has been caught in the moon's light, Marama can create fish on a whim.
    Moon's Whisper- Marama can call any creature of the sea by using the moonlight.
    Weapons:
    The Fisher's barbs-
    A whip with hooks, bones and teeth attached.
    Nets- Marma frequently uses nets to trip, confuse and capture those who anger them.
    Cohorts: Sea dragons; they slumber in the deepest waters and the trenches but when awakened they can cause tsunamis. Octopi; these intelligent creatures act as one of Marama's many messengers. Albatross; another one of Marma's messengers.
    Personality: Marama's mood waxes and wanes like the moon, Marama will be irritable sometimes and other times they'll be very complacent to the point of not caring. Marama will never forsake those who pay them tribute, though and cares for them tenderly.
    History:

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  4. gibble410

gibble410 Contributor Contributor

So we got Posion Ivy and Artemis. I'm hoping my Scarlet Witch gets approved.

5. halisme

Considering that in greek history there was the trimuveret of Zeus, Hades and Poseidon, do you two want do something similar with our three characters?

6. I.A. By the Barn

*Nods frantically*

7. gibble410

Yeeeessss

8. halisme

Though we would need more players. Shall they be sisters? Or just rivals?

9. gibble410

I has no preference

10. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@gibble410 should ne posting soon. I'm waiting a day or so for more players to join. If they don't we'll just start and maybe I'll let you create an additional character or two for this game.

11. gibble410

Name: Realitì (Pronounced Reality)
    Appearance(s): Long flowing red hair that reaches her waist, a simple green headband, a flowing green dress with the smellers favorite scent wafting off of it, brown sandles, eerie electric blue eyes, pale skin.
    Aspects: Main aspect is reality. Can morph reality and create it with a simple thought.
    Powers and Weapons:
    Rem- A staff, which is made out of oak wood. It is narrowed to a point at the top, and every now and then a element, such as fire will sort of pop. Like sparks from a flame. Can be summoned whenever she says the words "To me."
    Creation- Can create a being or form of reality, example a human or chair, with a thought.
    Erase- Can completely erase entire solar systems from exestince, with a thought, but it costs her an enormous energy drain
    Cohorts: Oracles, soothsayers and scribes are cohorts, due to their connection with the mind.
    Personality: Realitì is carefree, usually very charming towards others. She is nice and smiles to usually everyone she meets, but if they piss her off, she will never forgive them and has her heart bent on killing them painfully. Since she is a powerful being, she has become modest about her powers and is a little shy when she talks about them. She enjoys heat, Realitì can absorb it and it makes her happier and more at peace. When she gets stressed, she has a hard time controlling herself and winds up erasing something. Almost daily she repeats to herself, "Its OK! Your OK!"
    History: Created the first star, created Rephlon the first planet as well as Arzairs temple, Realitì also made Ignus and Meercas. She used her powers and made the interstellars as well.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  12. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

In the meantime, here's the first GM character in the game. Meet Eliphon, god of fate and entropy (thanks @halisme )

Name
    : Eliphon
    Titles: The Fateweaver, The Last of The Ash

Appearance(s): At first, Eliphon appears as a human with skin of obsidian and eyes like stars, however, upon further inspection, it becomes apparent that beneath his glassy skin is pitch black ink, with small flecks of light as if containing the cosmos within himself. He lacks any hair. In terms of clothing, he dons a dark robe that hides that keep his stary appearance hidden. On each sleeve, the image of an hourglass is woven in golden thread, yet they strangely seem to function. More often than not, he will don a perfectly smooth golden mask, that reveals no features of his square, craggy face.

Aspects: Heat, Fate, Entropy

Powers and Weapons:
    The Staff of Fate
    - Appearing to be made of mercury with its surface rippling, The Staff of Fate is a trident that Eliphon has imbued with great power. It allows him to shoot gouts of flame from each prong and, if he decides, cause anything he touches to suffer entropy at an astonishing rate. It is rarely used for this purpose, and instead, its other power is favoured. With the right gesture, Eliphon can make a being of his choice immune to entropy, preventing ageing and disease, but they can still die of violent means.
    The Atlas - The primary tool for Kyros interacting with the world. Most often taking the form of a game board, it allows Kyros to oversee all things, and subtly manipulate them to ensure that all goes as it is meant to. What this means he is unsure of, all he knows is that he senses when certain things are wrong in the world, and will seek to correct them.
    Fate's Weave - The primary execution tool of Eliphon. Those that refuse their destiny will find themselves ensnared in it, and will turn to nought but dust in a matter of moments should they refuse Eliphon's command.

Deforming - Eliphon is able to dissolve his solid form, appearing as an ashen mass before fading into the air entirely. This allows him to move with great speed and reform at will.
    True Permanence - When all the flowers have wilted, when all the oceans have dried, when the stars fade and all is dust when immortals have died of old age, Eliphon will still be there, unchanged beyond the end of days.
    Lord of Entropy - Eliphon is able to bless those who please them, preventing them from ageing, or, for those that displease him, turn them to dust.
    Control of Heat: Self explained.

Cohorts: Phoenixes - These long-lived birds were created to give provide eternal company to Eliphon. Their cylce of rebirth and association with fire is to further this goal, and they serve as his primary means of correcting the world, when he is unable to do so himself.

Personality: Eliphon is a distant being. Knowing how everything ends has left him cold to much. What is one being's pain in the grand scheme of things? Naught but a speck of dust. Yet, beneath his hardened exterior, there is a certain tenderness. Once he is attached to being, he will seek to aid in whatever way he can, desiring to preserve it as a companion for as long as possible. To him, all is predetermined, and if things do not go according to the plan laid before him, he will affect it.

History:

13. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

I'm posting my first post now.

14. gibble410

I got second post!

15. halisme

I'm getting to work on a second character. So currently laying dibs to knowledge, death, and wind.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  16. I.A. By the Barn

Rats I wanted Death :(

17. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Okay, one rule for second characters. They have to have some connection to your first character.

18. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Hey, @gibble410 and @I.A. By the Barn how would you say that your characters came to be? I just assumed that Eliphon was always there (and I guess the same argument can be made for Realiti) but what about Marama? We can say that the star created is the first version of the moon, or that the moon was created from it. What do you think about that?

19. Mr Mr

Mr Mr Active Member

Is this still accepting? Looks interesting. Just wondered if you had any intentions plotwise or if this is going to be free-formish.

20. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

Yeah, go ahead. And I have a few directions I'm thinking about right now, but it will be mostly freeform. We'll see where the story wilm take us.

21. halisme

Can they have a connection to someone else's character?

22. I.A. By the Barn

Thumbs up to Marama's creation!
    I'll edit my post in a bit.
    Can I ask if we could have a character who is the opposite, as in the sun instead of the moon?

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  23. Domino355

Domino355 Senior Member

@halisme yeah, but if both of you agree to it. And @I.A. By the Barn sure

24. halisme

Death is now free.

25. gibble410

I'm fine with anything @Domino355. Also, have u read the other template I made in our conversation? And I would say Realitì came to be whenever the first bit of reality, such as time or a being came to be.