1. KelseyRAK

KelseyRAK New Member

The OMG thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by KelseyRAK, Feb 19, 2011.

Not sure if they already have a thread like this, I did check and couldn't find one so if there is then I apologise and lock away!

So have you guys ever done something like really embarrassing?

Today my brother and his friends came over for a friday night drink, one of them having to be a boy I had had a crush on when I was like twelve! Well anyways, I was walking down the stairs, and I don't know how it happened but something caught under my foot, I went stumbling down three steps and stubbed my toe of the downstairs toilet door frame, fell through it and smacked my head on the toilet seat- when all of them were playing darts right next to me... awesome.

2. Pallas

Pallas Contributor Contributor

I remember once on a bike, I misjudged a pool of muddy water in a local park. It was woefully deeper than the front tire would allow. I did a 180 over the bars, falling in some muddy, oily cesspool, and the bike fell on me, all the while local footballers laughed and laughed. I guess it was pretty funny.

1 person likes this.
  3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

When I was 18 I was at a friends place for a get together (around 50 or so people, so may as well say a small party). I walked through a massive spider web in the back path and because of my spider phobia, I did my embarrassing spider dance which included me crying, screaming, hyperventilating and ripping layers of clothing off. Needless to say, I ended up in nothing but my underwear and bra and everyone was just standing there in complete and utter shock, not knowing whether to laugh or what, as I continued to go cray thinking I was covered in spiders and spider web. It lasted for about 5-10 minutes when one of my friends took me inside to the bathroom so I could shower. It took a long time before I lived that one down. Terribly embarrassing. I would have lost it laughing if I were any of them. I mean, how funny would that have looked. haha!

I have a million embarrassing tales... quite amusing thinking back to them to be honest.

4. Chudz

Chudz New Member

I was visiting a friend at college, and we of course had a few beers. Then it was decided that we would go meet a friend of his who was in class. So we entered the building, and I decided I really had to go. Of course, bad decision that it was, I decided to use a potted plant to relieve myself. Needless to say, that's when classes let out--in mid-stream. :rolleyes:

5. amateurvoice

amateurvoice New Member

For some unknown reason at a Christmas party with my national guard unit, I tried to scoot my chair to the side to get up so I could go to the bathroom. I fell hard on my ass in front of everyone I worked with. It was really simple and not very painful (on the outside) but It was the worst timing ever since I was already having the worst day of the month for me and I thought I peed my pants for the first twenty seconds.

6. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    Well tonight my housemates and I are going to the IMAX for an all night LOTR marathon, wearing homemade hobbit cloaks.

and that's not the embarrassing part, though it is bad enough...

There's this guy who's been on my msn/fb since I was 12 when I met him on some 3d chat thing, and we used to talk alot. Never got very close, never even liked him very much. He was just always adding me, and I politely accepted. He tells me he's coming tonight. 150 mile journey just to go to a LOTR marathon. Well, my friends and I were sufficiently spooked by that.

So great, I get to look like a discount hobbit whilst desperately trying to hide from some internet guy who looks like Lennie from Of Mice And Men. I'm fine saying hi and all, but I really didn't wanna have to worry about anything. I just wanted fun with my friends. Any advice on how to survive this night would be great. =/

7. amateurvoice

amateurvoice New Member

Well, its morning now. Do we need to send a search party? :/

I've had to deal with something similar. Just don't make it obvious your terrified or worried if you are (they can smell your fear! I'm kidding mostly). If he finds you and wants to say hi, humor him, be polite (Maybe he shares your love of Hobbit capes, too? :) ), but stay at all times with someone you trust just in case. Cause you never know with some of the scary unsuspecting people in the world. For all you know he could have just wanted to go cause it sounded cool when you mentioned said marathon on facebook. I hope your night wasn't ruined in any case. The showing sounds like it was a good one.

8. Ashleigh

Thanks for the advice. It hasn't occurred yet though - it's only 6:25pm in England. :p
    Hopefully he'll just want to say hello, and then he'll go off with his friends...
    The creepy thing is that this isn't exactly a coincidence. He said that he wasn't going until he saw my status on Fb, and then decided to book the tickets and make the 150 mile journey. =/ Seems weird to me, but I could just be reading way too much into it.

Thankfully this is a popular event, so I won't be alone at any point, lol.

9. Halcyon

Halcyon Contributor Contributor

Bringing virtual friends into the real world is, I'm afraid, a really bad hobbit to develop. :)

10. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

You are doing the best thing by not being on your own. Best thing I can suggest, is on FB when you post your status up, with things like that, is to change your privacy setting. There is the little padlock image just below where you type your status, and you can make it so this person can't see certain status updates. It might benefit you doing this at certain times in the future.

If he does show, just make sure you aren't on your own at any time. Make sure your friends are aware of the situation as well. Which I am sure you have anyway. Good luck, and just be very careful.

11. Ashleigh

Thanks guys. Went really well in the end, he's a very sweet guy. Was kinda awkward when I met him at first, but I think he was just painfully shy, lol. I didn't get that many chances to talk to him but he loosened up soon enough.

It was a lil embarassing with his friends there, who were such uber geeks they weren't even aware of it, and were so, so damn shy. I think I overwhelmed them, lol. I felt bad that I didn't give him much of my time, but I have to remind myself that it was a coincidental meeting, not a planned thing. Had a great time on the whole, and only fell asleep 100 times during The Return Of The King. :rolleyes:

12. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Surprisingly enough, I don't think I did very many embarrassing things- not in front of people, at least. :p

One thing I did was go sit on a chair that wasn't there, but that's probably it.

13. Lavarian

Lavarian Contributor Contributor

After I got in a serious car accident I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. I was in shock for quite a while, so I was just sort of walking around in a dream-like state. I remember a nurse handing me a container to pee in.
    I whipped it out right there and started peeing in it- right in the middle of the examining room.
    I was told later that she had opened the bathroom door for me so I could fill it up privately because there were several very young trainee nurses in the room watching my examination. I paid them no heed and filled up the container with about two pints of blood. (Ripped spleen)
    I laughed when I heard about it later, though.

14. Corbyn

Corbyn Lost in my own head Supporter Contributor

When I was in High School I used to rodeo, yeah the whole cowboy hat and horses thing. Anyway, I was running barrels in a packed arena, complete with George Straight (his son was roping ) and my horse gets the bright idea to plow through then jump over the barrel... She used to get extremely low to the ground when running barrels...Anyone whose dealt with horses knows how hard it can be to change the mind of a hyped up and determined mount. I wound up flat on my back unable to breath, and my pride wasn't in very good shape either.