1. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

The ox is gored.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Tourist, Mar 2, 2013.

Madison is quite a liberal city, home to the UW and lots of aging hippies. As you can guess, they are quite adept at telling everyone else how to live. But it's funny when they get a turn in the barrel.

I was on the stepping machine this morning when a man and his wife hopped on the two machines next to me. First, he shoved his heart monitor cord into the TV jack, and then hit the wrong button to start the stepping machine. His wife must have been watching him, as she did the same.

Both of their screens went blue and monitors did not switch on.

He turned to me, and with a straight face I told him, "Happens all of the time. When Homeland Security monitors our smart devices sometimes they don't work right."

He was aghast and asked why they would do that.

I added, "Just to make sure you're not doing anything subversive, like watching certain TV channels or calling your family in foreign lands..."

The guy got panicky. I went on, "With all of those Federal cuts about to go into effect they probably wanted to gather as much civilian intell as they could. But hey, I didn't vote for the guy..."

Then there was this discussion of his 'rights.'

Funny, over the past few weeks my 2A rights have been on the chopping block and not a peep out of the liberals on that. But suddenly when the government might be poking around in his life it becomes a major issue.

...and another ox is gored and falls to the ground...

2. supportivemember

supportivemember Banned

"...kudos for given something worth reading..."

3. The Tourist

The Tourist Banned

You do know that Ted, one of the gym's owners, is going to talk to me tomorrow...

Ehhh, things should be a little dangerous to be fun. But you should have seen the guy!:):p