The Phoenix Colony

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Foxee, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

"Oh, don't just wait. Put every effort you have into pretending she doesn't exist. You can't just play hard to get, you have to be hard to get. The only other alternative is to go all out. Either way, you need to make her curious."

Allen looked down at the guy's hands.

"Now go jump in a lake, and then come back and tell us how you got here."

2. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Fox looks up and sees that its starting to get dark. Both moons are full, their combined light is giving the sky a dark purple glow. While looking up Fox says "Sorry Nathan, but there is nothing else you can do. The more you go for her, the more she'll want you to go away. The sky is beautiful tonight. Hey Allen, who are the guards tonight. I'll do it if there is a spot open. I hope we can get something useful from Nathan's ship."

3. zorell

zorell New Member

Nathan looked at the two of them, "I'm going to make this clear, right here, right now. That ship is not to be approached, entered, touched, or even thought about. It does not exist. No existe, comprende?" He waved his hands, feeling the flames creeping around his neck.

4. CDRW

Allen looked at Xare blankly. Didn't she know to keep her big mouth shut?

"Ship?"

He turned back to Nathan.

"You have a ship?"

5. zorell

zorell New Member

Nathan looked at Allen, and took twelve paces backwards, just as it hit him, "Um, sorry about this." His face contorted into an embarrassed grimace. "This is part of the worst."

The grass around him burnt instantly into a dead buble at his feet. His body lit up the night with his flames, burning a brilliant blue. "Um, water please?"

6. Shadow Dragon

"Nathan, most of the people here know that you aren't a prisoner, and your ship could be useful. No matter what you say, we know that the ship exists, and people are going to be curious. So just tell the two of us about and we'll check it out for supplies alright? Between me and Allen, you can't keep this a secret." says Fox. Fox runs in and grabs the water bladder. She runs to the pool, fills the bladder and splashes it on Nathan.

7. zorell

zorell New Member

Nathan looks at Fox, he wants to say thank you for the save, but he is still on fire, most of the water evaporated on contact. He looks at the two standing there, shock registering on theiir faces as he rushes toards the water fall.

He stands under the curtain of water, feeling the water dissapate.

He walks back, knocking on himslf, the lava flakes falling from his body. "I will not answer that question. Sorry."

8. CDRW

And this was why spies work alone. He considered getting Tatee and taking off to follow his footprints back to the ship. He would be able to render it unusable fairly easily, and Xare would never get a look at it. He couldn't do it now though. It would have to wait until everyone was asleep.

9. Shadow Dragon

Fox smiles and says "I will find out where it is, and I think I know a way to that you can't block. Oh, and Allen. I know that you don't want me to get back to Earth. You're still trying to protect that worthless government. If I find out that you found and ruined that ship, you will pay dearly for it. Understand?"

10. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Smith stayed in his little happy place dreaming about his daughter that was on the way. Beautiful like her mother, with long hair, and happy eyes. He'd have to find a way to get ride of this cane, at least most of the time, maybe that healing stuff really didn't have any bad effects, maybe it'd be perfect to keep him on his feet. He'd have to discuse it with Ray first, he was willing to risk it if it got him up and aound long enough to watch his baby grow up. Babies hopefully.

11. zorell

zorell New Member

Nathan pulls off his last bit of lava before saying very calmly, "The ship is already destroyed, it landed in the ocean and we were lucky enough to get to shore, not all of us, mind you. But some of us have survived." He looked at Allen, and then thought about it and looked at FOx instead, "Leave the bloody ship alone. DO not tell anyone we are not prisoners. And I don't care what the rock said, I will hurt you if you do anything to jeapordize my mates' and my safety. I want to be friends, okay, but you women are making it bloody hell for me."

12. Shadow Dragon

Fox sighs and says "Think for a second. They already know you three aren't prisoners. You aren't wearing prison uniforms, Kat can smell the fact that you haven't been here long enough to be from our crash and Raylene can read minds. Though I do believe you that your ship is destroyed, I guess. If it wasn't you three wouldn't be staying on this planet. Relax, I have no intention of hurting anyone, unless they are a threat to my friends, which you aren't."

13. CDRW

Allen smiled. Xare didn't get what she wanted. That was good. He would still check out the tracks to make sure this guy wasn't lying, but it didn't have to be tonight as long as he knew Xare was still here. It would be a lot easier to sneak out when they were living in the other canyon.

"This group isn't like any others you would have come across. We're a little more open minded than some people.

14. Shadow Dragon

Fox smiles at the man and says "Yeah, nobody is going to care that you guys aren't prisoners. Either way, you're stuck here like us. One more thing, that rock has a name, and he's the reason that we're still alive."

15. zorell

zorell New Member

Nathan smiled, not reassured yet, "Um, is there somewhere I can sleep? I think I want to call it a night." He rubbed his neck, feeling the tension between these two, but not sure how to ask about it.

16. CDRW

"Yeah, just go into the main cave over there and find any spot to lie down."

17. zorell

zorell New Member

Nathan smiled, "Thanks. Sorry I didn't have good news for you all. But, please heed my warning and do not approach the ship." He waved good night to Fox and Allen and walked into the cave, finding a spot that was removed from all the others. He cushioned his head onto his arm and fell asleep immediately.

Chrys hugged the branch she was resting on, her sleep fitful....

(*cough*dream sequence*couch*)
    Chrys looks at the children once more, "Cyn, why doon't you go play with the others." SHe rubbed her abdomen, the kicking returning.

Cynthia looked up at her mother, "Mummy, do you want me to get fauther?" Her eyes registered what her mother tried to hide.

Chrys shook her head, "No, hon, just go play." As she watched Cynthia, Chrys realized that one of the boys had an ear perked towards her, twitching with the voices around him.

Chrys whispered to him, "Commere you."

He stood up tentativly, using a slender stick to guide his way towards her, "Mum, they're loud today. Are you okay?"

"Why do you all ask that? And, what's your name?"

The little boy opened his mouth to respond, but stopped, somebody was calling.

"Mummy, mummy! Harold's on fiah! Mummy!"

18. Shadow Dragon

Fox stretches and says, "Yeah, I think I could use some sleep also. Good night guys." Instead of walking into the cave, Fox walks to the tree, where Kat sleeps. Fox sits down and pulls her cloak around her. It was the same cloak that Raylene made long ago from the bull-ram, though added fur was sewed into it. "Goodnight, miss Chrissy Kat." says Fox and she leans against the tree and falls asleep.

19. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Smith had sat their by himself thinking happy thoughts until he drifted off to sleep dreaming of his child that would soon be born into this world. He hoped he could prove to be everything he hoped to be to the child, strong, kind, and smart. The last was the least likly, thats what Ray was for though.

20. CDRW

Allen couldn't sleep, not after just waking up, so he went back over to the pool and sat watching the reflections of the moon on the water. It was good here, where nothing made a sound except the roar of the waterfall, and the only movement was light playing across the ripples. This was why he was so good at moving in the wild. He enjoyed it. He could feel it's every movement like wind against his skin. Soon this place wouldn't be empty though. There were new people arriving left and right, by means of their feet, and by means of the natural order of things. Now was a good time to reflect, before everything changed again.

21. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

Reva lingered near Cody and Cull. The baby had fallen asleep, just as Raylene told her newborns often did for the first 24 hours. ‘Then in the next 24 hours, watch out,’ Ray had said wryly. Cody had fallen asleep as well, freshly washed and dressed, her hair combed by the other women.

Cull sat holding the baby, fascinated. Reva had wondered if Cull would be one of those sad cases that never adjusted to life on the planet but Cody had been good for him.

So many of these couples were that way, she thought, the mates providing safe harbor for each other. She and Allen included.

Reva folded some extra furs and then, running out of tasks to complete, went to the fire and sat for a long time, watching the embers, wrapped in her own thoughts.

A moment later she got up and went to where she and Allen slept. The leather jacket lay folded neatly with her other things, she hadn’t worn it for two months. She pulled it out and fished in a pocket, bringing out the note from Ben.

Taking it back to the fire, she unfolded it and saw that it had been folded and unfolded so often that it was tattered and coming apart. The message was nearly unreadable.

Reva smoothed the fragile paper tenderly on her bent knee.

I won’t forget you or your bridge, Ben.

With a wistful smile she held the paper over the embers for a moment then dropped it, watching the edges curl as it caught fire.

Getting to her feet she smiled at Raylene and Chad, deep in their own peculiar kind of conversation, and went out to find Allen. Now was the time to move Tatee to the other canyon.

22. CDRW

Allen felt movemet behind him. Reva was walking out of the cave, looking for something. He sat there and watched the way she moved. There was a new carriage about her, like she was lighter than before. He wondered if that was because of the good news.

23. Foxee

Reva saw Allen and approached him quietly, not wanting to scatter any great thoughts, then he turned and looked straight at her.

She smiled, made a beeline for him and knelt, leaning on his back with her chin on his shoulder as he sat.

"So...about Tatee." She said, "Isn't it about time we took a small vacation to the other canyon?"

24. CDRW

"Yes. Do you want to go get your stuff?"

Allen located Tatee sleeping outside the cave mouth and woke her up. She wasn't happy about that, but once she was up she kept sliding past them and rubbing up against their sides, nearly knocking them over.

25. Foxee

"Hang on."

Reva went into the cave. They were going, really going! She snatched up a few things, making a couple of bundles of belongings.

She put her hand on Raylene's shoulder.

"Allen and I are taking Tatee elsewhere. We'll be back soon."

She hugged her friend and hurried outside, looking forward to escaping the camp for a while.

"Here, just a few things," she told Allen, "It will be a long hike in the dark, though, won't it?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.