1. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

The Progress Journal of Ebenezer Lux

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Ebenezer Lux, Nov 1, 2016.

November 1, 2016

NANOWRIMO 2016 | Officially started today, and I've almost met the word count goal for the day. I may embellish what I've written for an hour or so when I'm done to get the count closer to 2000 for the day. The novel I'm writing (working title Journey of the Oblivions) is the sequel to the novel I started last month (working title The Grasp of Gods). Writing them concurrently has it's benefits, but I really need to thread them together more cohesively as the protagonists are different in both.

THE GRASP OF GODS | This story needs a major update: it needs to not be stuck at ~4000 words. I plan to work on that for sure today.

WRITING BLOG | My writing blog is officially up, but I need to update the book pages with character bios and concept art.

And that's all for this Telling Tuesday.

2. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

November 2, 2016

NANOWRIMO 2016 | I started off optimistic about my writing goals thinking I would write more than the daily quota, but other projects came up, and thus I just barely made the word goal a few minutes ago. Fortunately, that's two consecutive days that I have made it (with a handful of words to spare.)

THE GRASP OF GODS | Nothing today. Definitely tomorrow no matter what, or I will eat my hat.

WRITING BLOG | A couple new blogs up over at my writing blog.

And that's all for this Whimsied Wednesday.

3. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

November 3, 2016

NANOWRIMO 2016 | I really need to get a kick-start on writing in the morning and not do anything else until I've knocked out my daily quota, because by the evening I'm way too tired and it is a slog through slumber. Maybe I'm preempting, but I'm certain I'll make my goal within the next hour.

THE GRASP OF GODS | Started a scene in which the MC rescues an aristocratic couple from their capsized boat. I like this scene because it shows her taking more initiative over just whining about not having her magic anymore. Magic does not a woman make. I've decided to make use of the super retro Blinky writing app from the IOS app store. Very different sort of writing atmosphere.

WRITING BLOG | Started writing a short-story about a summon creature (much like Captain Planet) who can only be summoned and sustained by the collective efforts of five mages. Totally inspired by the Fate/Stay-Night series. Will publish tomorrow most likely.

And that's all for this Theatrical Thursday.

4. _AB

_AB Member

Hey Lux. Great progress! Good luck in NanoWriMo!
    Unfortunately, I couldn't view your blog. Its giving me an "Error: Page not found". Maybe you can recheck the link?

5. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

Thanks for the heads-up. Here is a working link for my writing blog.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

November 4, 2016

I'm going to start doing the updates the morning after from now on, so this one is for yesterday.

NANOWRIMO 2016 | Unfortunately did not meet my writing goal by a long-shot, however, I've accepted the 10k challenge for the weekend, and I'm doing word sprints to catch up and get ahead. I've created two characters with an onion's worth of relationship history that I'm excited unravel.

THE GRASP OF GODS | No progress to report. That shall change today.

WRITING BLOG | Have not made progress on the short story unfortunately. But I've set aside this day to really focus on writing, so I aim to make the progress I should have made on it yesterday today, and then some. I also need to post a little more regularly on it and make a profile page for my NaNoWriMo novel Journey of the Oblivions.

And that was all for Fearless Friday.

6. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

November 5, 2016

NANOWRIMO 2016 | The words sprints were helpful at first, but I only got 1000 words added yesterday. I wrote out brief summaries for the main arcs, and I'll flesh those out more to keep myself interested and on the correct path. The 10k challenge doesn't look too likely, but I'll do what I can and just go with it.

THE GRASP OF GODS | Nothing to report again. I'll work on it on the way to the movies today.

WRITING BLOG | The short story about the summoners is going to have to wait with all the other projects I'm trying to balance. I may just try some flash fiction pieces instead.

#VOCABPROMPTS | A hashtag I started on twitter to accompany the prompt gifs I made of extended vocabulary. I try to update this everyday as I've already put up the first two: enumerate and quorum.

And that was all for Sketchy Saturday.

7. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

November 9, 2016

NANOWRIMO 2016 | Unfortunately no real progress has been made, but I've come up with a trading card game that is played in-world.

THE GRASP OF GODS | Added 1000 words introducing the guests of the manor house.

WRITING BLOG | The serialized story I (still haven't published, but will do so this Friday) is called Be By Blood.

#VOCABPROMPTS | Going strong. Just finished the 5th prompt gif over on Twitter.

MANOR OF ERROR PODCAST |
    A prequel to Be By Blood, serialized weekly. Ordered podcast equipment which should be arriving next week.

And that is all for this Woeful Wednesday.

8. Ebenezer Lux

Ebenezer Lux Member

November 12, 2016

WRITING BLOG | Just published the first part of my serialized story Be By Blood, about a summoned entity and his existence in our world with the help of six masters.

NANOWRIMO 2016 |
    I have introduced a court-intrigue-type plot twist where the ruler's mistress becomes pregnant with another potential heir, which ultimately gives her a lot of leverage in a situation where it's easy for the heirs to be killed.

MANOR OF ERROR PODCAST | A prequel to Be By Blood, serialized weekly. Podcast equipment has arrived. The first episode will be recorded this week.

OTHER | As all of my works are part of one universe, I've created a forum and a wikia for discussion and information for readers. I just have to fill these mediums up with content before I post them live.

NOTHING AS OF LATE:

THE GRASP OF GODS | #VOCABPROMPTS