1. Peter

Peter New Member

The Radiohead Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Peter, Oct 15, 2006.

Okay, put your hand up if ya love 'em.

Good good.

Anyways, let's chat about the greatest band in the universe: Radiohead.

So what's your favourite album? What's your top ten favourite songs? What songs do you find tough deciphering? How many times have you went to one of their gigs? Why are they so damn good?

2. Nexus

Nexus New Member

So what's your favourite album?
    Rooty - Basement Jaxx

What's your top ten favourite songs? (not in order)

Take me back to your house (Basement Jaxx)
    Ret Alert (Basement Jaxx)
    Romeo (Basement Jaxx)
    Costume Makes the clown (Shakira)
    Somewhere I belong (Linkin Park)
    Stupid Girls (Pink)
    Hung up (Madonna)
    Animal City (Shakira)
    Oh My Gosh (Basement Jaxx)
    Falling (Evanescence)

What songs do you find tough deciphering?
    Pretty much everything, cant listen to lyrics

How many times have you went to one of their gigs?
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! (gone to a gig b4)

Why are they so damn good?
    Basement Jaxx, they just are. No question about it.
    No, seriously.
    They are alternate and include lots of funny bits.

3. Peter

Peter New Member

Lol, Nexus, the questions were about Radiohead. Sorry if I was a little vague.

Anyways, Basement Jazz are great, I like 'em. And the video for their single, Where's Your Head At has to one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

But... any Radiohead fans out there? C'mon, there has to be at least one.

4. Nexus

Nexus New Member

I understood your meaning exactly, thats the exact reason why I posted here.

hehe

And yes, Basement Jaxx is the best. But that song is one of their oldest. Try "Hush Boy" and see if you can get your hands on their new album, "Crazy Itch Radio"

5. Peter

Peter New Member

Lol, cheeky, cheeky.

Actually, I haven't listened to them since roundabout the time "Where's your head at" was released, which I think was about three or four years ago, maybe a little longer. At that time I was heavily into dance music, especially trance.

I'll pick up one of the albums you've suggested, see if I've still got a hunger for dance music.

6. Firefly

Firefly Member

Radiohead? Sweet! My brother got me interested in their music. I haven't heard a lot of it, though. Some of the ones I can remember are Karma Police, Subterranean Homesick Alien and Idioteque. They have an eerie sound.

My brother saw Thom Yorke in a hotel near Omaha (where Radiohead was having a concert). He said "Hi." :p And it was a 'cheesy crap hotel' (as my brother called it) in my little city nobody actually knows about, rather than a hotel in Omaha where they were having the concert. I take that as a compliment. :D

My brother has done covers of some of their songs. I just heard the SHA one recently. It's cool.

7. SkyBlueSky

SkyBlueSky New Member

The hardest song to decipher has to be Knives Out.

8. Firefly

Firefly Member

Yeah. And they're all kinda...dark. It makes me wonder what's in the Radiohead guys' radio heads. :eek:

9. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

for me videotape is in the gray area

10. Sandy Banks

Sandy Banks New Member

I own OK Computer, Kid A, and In Rainbows. Probably like OK Computer best cos i got that when i was quite young and its been with me for a decade now. Kid A i like but don't listen to that much. It lacks the warmth of OK Computer i think. Though i still listen to "Motion Picture Soundtrack" now and again. In Rainbows was a pleasant suprise cos i just bought it on a whim, i wasnt expecting to by another Radiohead album again. I really like "House of Cards", "Weird Fishes", "Nude" and "All I Need". I saw Radiohead live once at some festival. That was good. I might get The Bends one day who knows. But there other albums Pablo Honey, Amnesiac, and Hail To The Thief arnt meant to be very good. But Radiohead arnt my favourate band. My favourate band of this decade is probably The Libertines, just for their debut album. For the nineties i prefer Pulp over Radiohead. People from the USA have probably not heard of either of these bands.

11. Firefly

Firefly Member

I'm from the USA, but I've heard of all of those bands. :p

Oh, yeah. I've heard Motion Picture Soundtrack. My brother used to play that on his reed organ and keyboards almost every day. I've skimmed through most of the songs on OK Computer, but then my brother wanted his CD back. I've heard Karma Police a billion times, though.

12. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Oh..absolutly loving Radiohead..:D I just put them on...!! LOL

The hardest song to decipher....I am going to say Fog but there are so many.

My favorite Albumn...Pablo Honey, though those who know me would argue it is Rainbow.

My favorite songs....
    1) Creep
    2)Nude
    3)Let Down
    4)High and Dry
    5)Jigsaw Falling Into Place
    6)Nice Dreams
    7)Karma Police
    8)In Limbo
    9)Optimistic
    10)Knives Out

13. Firefly

Firefly Member

I'll have to ask my brother which other songs he thinks my mom would allow me to listen to. 'Cause I know there are some that would make my mom cringe.

14. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

I just remembered Radiohead was in that South Park episode where Cartmen fed that kid his parents in chili. What a messed up episode that was! :p

15. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Ok computer is my fav album, however I have to say I love priamids as the best song, by them possibly the most popular as well. It's the most moody piece that's the reason I love it

16. diziet

diziet Member

can't beat The Bends. Planet Telex is a mighty, mighty tune.

17. The23rdman

The23rdman New Member

I love Radiohead too. Bends is also my favourite album, although OK Computer runs it pretty close. Street Spirit is probably my favourite track, but again, that changes with the passing of time!

A little claim to fame. I used to work in a small gig venue in the midlands (UK) where Radiohead once played. This was Pablo Honey era between the two releases of Creep, so just before they got big. I got to play pool with the band before the show and 7 balled Jonny the guitarist. Get in!

He's a tad better on the axe than I though!

18. JanesLife

JanesLife New Member

Hehe. Everyone loves Radiohead. I'm pretty sure it's a sin not to love Radiohead.

I am one among the numbers of fans. Gosh, they iz amazing. My favorite album is probably OK, Computer, but, for me, The Bends is way up there, too. Sometimes, I think that they are so wonderful for their amazing lyrics, sometimes for their melodies/harmonies, but right now, I'm convinced that it is a little of both...