Tags:
  1. The Green Daily

The Green Daily New Member

Where do I find the right writers?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Green Daily, Jan 14, 2019.

Hey guys,

Just a little intro who I am. I'm the owner and founder of The Green Daily I'm not gonna put any links in here because I haven't read the rules yet. I just wanted to get this up as quick as I can. You can find me on twitter where I've got a lot of followers.

I've never thought id really be involved with anything to do with writing, but now that I've got all these followers I wanted to provide them with some quality content. I've been on the search for good writers for quite some time now. I've looked at freelancers, Kijiji ads, Facebook & Twitter posts, but I just feel like I haven't hit the right community. So my question is where would you recommend me to find the right followers. This is the first forum I landed on so I'm hoping I could be directed from here.

2. BayView

BayView Huh. Interesting. Contributor

This seems really vague. I don't know what The Green Daily is, but I assume it has some sort of subject matter it focuses on? So I'd expect you'd find writers who are interested in that subject matter?

ETA: Saw your avatar. I get it. But I'd still think you'd want to refine your subject area a bit more? Like, are you looking for reviews of different types of weed, or...?

3. The Green Daily

The Green Daily New Member

Well as of right now I'm just looking for somewhere to start looking. I started a blog after gaining a lot of followers on Twitter. So I would be looking for writers that could help with the cannabis niche. I just don't know where to look for writers atm.

4. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

Weedy stories, probably only mustering at 200 words or possibly endless.
    I'm sure to find you one in my ouvre. It it on the list under heading 'tonight's projects.' Would you send me some weed from Montreal?

5. Alan Aspie

Alan Aspie Banned Contributor

Somewhere else? DEA? Local police force? Some Mexican cartel which have harsh ideas about competition?

If you are propagating marijuana - which is illegal in many places - this board is maybe your best choice.

I hope admins don't welcome you.

6. jim onion

jim onion New Member

The answer is anywhere where people would share your interest. There may be somebody on here, or on another writing forum, or especially on forums that are specifically about cannabis / hemp.

Also, instead of looking for somebody to be a dedicated writer from the get-go, look for people who'd be willing to do a one-off. Either provide a list of different topics, or allow them to come up with one and pass it by you first so you can give them the go ahead.

Then out of the pool of these guest writers, a minority of repeat writers will naturally emerge and you'll find the few who may be interested in sticking around.

You can also search for blogs that are about the plant- er, subject matter you're interested in. There are plenty of quality writers out there who struggle to build an audience. It sounds as if you can provide them the audience, and they can provide you with good content. Literally just search "weed blog" or "cannabis blog" or something.

If you live in a place where use has been legalized, try visiting dispensaries and ask them if you can leave a flyer or something that says you're looking for writers.

As others mentioned, just be careful to stay within the rules of the communities and within the law. I'm sure you already know this; not trying to be patronizing.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  7. pyroglyphian

pyroglyphian Word Painter

:superlaugh:endless...

Lateral literature a.k.a. lat-lit.

Cave Troll likes this.
  8. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

A good writer should be able to do adequate research into the subject matter and deliver good content. I believe Reedsy.com has professionals under "marketing" you could hire, then there's Elancer, I think is the name. If you just googled "writing job boards" you'll probably see a bunch pop up. Since you already do Twitter, you could always start actually following writers on Twitter - look at their bio, if they're bloggers, marketers etc - and in time see if you like what they write, they're bound to share links to their own work, and then reach out via DM.

jim onion and Cave Troll like this.
  9. NigeTheHat

NigeTheHat Contributor Contributor

Try the Cult Of Copy Job Board group on Facebook - the original remit was for marketing writing, but there's plenty of people there who'll do blog articles on a wide range of topics and know how to keep it SEO-friendly, if that's something you care about. Otherwise, posting the job on Upwork will get you a few bites.

10. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

Follow everybody who follows the Doritos account?