The Skin-Deep Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mercurial, May 31, 2009.

1. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Ash, here's a couple styles I found that look interesting.

Style 1:
    [​IMG]

Style 2:
    [​IMG]

Style 3:
    [​IMG]

Style 4:
    [​IMG]

I hope those gave you some inspiration.

2. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

You want a change?! And I was just going to send you a link to something I saw on Marilyn Monroe's eyeliner tricks. But I can understand repitition to get old.

The fifties style of makeup, cat-eyes with bold lips and pale skin works so well with your fair skin and dark hair colour... Something that would be a big change, maybe, is the 'modern' style of makeup?

I like the style and how they compliment both white and black pencils. It still has those tips which stretch to the sides of your face, which I think is really cool. And the emphasis on the eyes is definitely still evident, haha!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The only problems I could see are A) the fact that it takes a great deal of precision with the eyeliner. I dont know how much effort you put into your makeup every day, but I am so lazy! I could do it maybe once a week, but not every day. Maybe not the best 'every day' look, unless you can figure out how to achieve it without spending 2 hours and $20 on eyeliner? In fact, a worn-in mod look would look really cool! And B) I love your skin colour; you're like Snow White (as soon as I wrote that, I realized how true it was! Fair skin, ruby red lips...!), but lip colour is generally supposed to be the same colour as your skin, but I dont know how that would turn out on you. Would take some trial and error, but I think it would turn out pretty nice!

I say go for it, if it's not too far out of your comfort zone. It is pretty different from your look right now.

LOL, or you could go Harijuku makeup...
    [​IMG]

Just kidding! They both look pretty, if costume-y, and I think that subculture is very interesting... But there's drawing attention, and then there's drawing attention. :p

3. Ashleigh

Ashleigh Contributor Contributor

In the comfort of my stubborn little mind.
    ^ Lmao, I actually do have a blue lipstick somewhere. God knows why.

Thanks guys, those styles look really cool...i'm sure i'll figure out someway of creating an every-day version. I might practise with eyeshadows and white pencils, apparently white pencil inside a black line makes eyes look larger? that'd be cool.