1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Spirit Club

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 15, 2012.

Spirit Club

Story

The world is a mysterious place and most normal people never get to see what’s behind all that mystery. Sure the things like ghosts, demons and vampires will always be around. But I’m talking the real mystery, the mystery of the human. Humans have a rather interesting power that they rarely learn to tap into. That is the power of the spirit. Yes the human spirit is an endless well that is filled with many things. Willpower, good, evil, strength and imagination are all part of it. But some people are so in tuned with their spirit they can harness its power and use it for various things like attacks, flight and enhancement of the body. Though rare in number fate tends to draw these humans together.

The story itself takes place in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. All our characters are attending the same school (range from Middle school to High school age). Sure not all us players know each other but maybe you seen them in the hallway once in a while or heck maybe some of them are best friends. But anyway all we player characters will have the ability to harness the power of spirit, in fact we are the only ones in the city capable of it. At the very start of this RP all the players got a mysterious email that they were to report to the parking lot of the school after hours, you are to come alone and the reason for coming is simple. If you don’t the sender of the email will reveal film of you displaying your power. You will start your player as they get the school parking lot at night. The reason for this gathering will be revealed in game. Unlike most RP’s this does not have one long story. Instead we are going to be going by story arc, each arc different from the last. This so everyone can tell as many stories they want. For example I’ll be telling the story for this first arc but if anyone wants to tell the story for the second arc just PM me and we shall make It happen. Also since we are going to be playing as middle and high school kids, our players aren’t exactly aware that the powers they can perform are from the spirit at first until after the meeting in the parking lot of course.

Gameplay

Alright I don’t like making overly complicated battle systems. But there is some things you need to know. Your character will have two slots for their spirit ability but will be able to gain more as the stories go on. There are two types of spirit abilities a person is born with. The first is physical type. These types of players can harness the spirit powers for physical attacks. For example they can manipulate their spirit to give them a boost in speed or strength or can generate things like pure will or spirit power into blasts and force pushes. This will be the more destructive of the two types of classes and do damage to enemies in a physical manner. The second type of player is the spirit type. These players can harness the power of imagination and are for more versatile then the physical side, but far less destructive on the physical side of things. These players for example could shape their spirit powers. This class is for attacking the enemies’ spirits, souls or concepts anything on metaphysical sense. For example fire that does damage to soul would be considered spirit type. The color of your spirit power is up to you.

Do not control others characters!

GM's word is law and cannot be broken!

No God modding!

Dialogue from other characters should be put in BOLD type!

Please feel free to make suggestions to the GM and if you want an arc to tell a story just PM me.

Keep OOC in the discussion!

Your templates need to be approved in the discussion!

No auto hitting! (This means you must give other player characters a chance to react to your attack.)
    EXAMPLES
    1: Jeff pulls his sword out and cuts off Luke’s head. (That is not allowed)
    2: Jeff pulls out his sword and attempts to cut off Luke’s head. (As you see here Luke has a chance to react. Now remember you cannot constantly avoid taking hits by blocking or dodging, which would be God modding.

But I will make an exception feel free to auto hit the hell out of fodder. Like say we are fighting a bunch of zombies. (I won't be mad or correct you if you write something like Jeff cut off two of the zombies heads)

Just no auto hitting bosses or other players.

Obviously be nice and respectful in the OCC and all that jazz!

You can have up to three main characters! (If you want to add a character that is like a side villain or just a character that pops in sometime PM me first!)

Most of all have fun!

Name:

Appearance:

Grade:

BIO: (Optional)

Color of spirit power:

Spirit Power (Spirit type or Physical type)

Skill 1:

Skill 2:

Personality:

Miscellaneous info:

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved.

3. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Rafael

Rafael glanced around the parking lot. There was no one to be seen. Was this some kind of prank? He recited part of the e-mail in his head: "Come to the parking lot after school. Come alone, unless you want me to reveal your secret..."

Well okay, he was alone, so ten brownie points for that. He sighed, mom and dad would be wondering were he had been if he stayed much longer. He scuffed his feet on the ground, kicking an empty coca cola can around the parking lot. He leaned back against a bright red Toyota and began to carefully inspect the ground. Booooring, his mind yawned. He was about to turn around and leave when he heard a voice call his name.

4. Kingtype

Daniel saw a kid named Rafael from school. He didn't know him well but he was wondering why he was here. Daniel simply figured he was the guy that sent him the email. Daniel put on an angry face. What exactly was this kid trying to pull. "Hey Rafael right?" He asked. His eyes locked on to his classmate. "You send me an email?' He asked. As he glared at Rafael. Daniel was dressed in a red shirt, converse sneakers and regular blue jeans. The thing that stood out was his leather jacket, it looked like something out of a biker movie.

5. Macaberz

"Hey Rafael right?"

"Yea" Rafael replied confidently. He pushed himself away from the car and walked towards someone he recognized, but didn't remember the name of. Perhaps they had been in a class together? Whoever he was, he was probably the guy that sent him the ema-

"You send me an email?"

Rafael stopped. "Eh, no" he fronwed, this was beginning to look like a very bad prank. But who would be interested in pranking him? The principle? "Funny, some guy e-mailed me, told me to come alone, I thought that was you..." Rafael said. It began to dawn on him that if the other dude was here too, his secret might not have been as rare as he had thought...

He eyed the other dude, he looked like a rough kid, someone you'd rather not get into a fight with. "So, uh, who are you?" Rafael asked in an attempt to break the silence.

6. Kingtype

Daniel looked puzzled. This guy didn't seem to know anything about his secret. But still Daniel wasn't about to trust him. This kid didn't seem all that normal, but hey neither was he. Daniel sighed. "My name's Daniel. I seen you around school. You sure you don't know why were here?" He asked curiously. Daniel was ready to defend himself if need be. Who the hell sent this email?

7. Macaberz

"My name's Daniel. I seen you around school. You sure you don't know why were here?"

"Nah, I have no idea who's behind all this. But you are quite the troublemaker aswell aren't you? The whole firealarm last monday, that was you right? Perhaps the principal is trying to screw us into something" Rafael said. They might be here for the same purpose but Rafael began to doubt what "secret" the sender had reffered to. Perhaps this was about something different entirely.

"Anyway, mine said I was to come alone so we are already screwing that up..." he grinned.

8. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Tommy Corleone

He was cruising down the street to the school, blasting some indie band that no one has heard of in his Porsche. Some dick weed had sent him an email threatening to expose his powers. Now, Tommy didn't really care all that much who knew, but if it could be avoided that was preferable. Getting close to the school he noticed a couple of kids standing outside in the back lot. If that's all they were, kids from his school, they didn't know what they were in for.

He pulled into the lot and came screeching to a halt behind them.

"So you're the a-holes who think you can black mail me? Well lemme tell you something. You don't know who you're messing with. I'm a freaking Corleone!" He shouted, slamming the car door.

9. Kingtype

Daniel spit on the ground. "Yeah that was me. But I don't consider myself a troublemaker I just don't like school all that much." Daniel sighed heavily. He didn't want to sit around and wait for the world to end. But he would give it a few more minutes. He was about to speak when I guy in a very nice car pulled up. He was screaming something about him being Corleony or something. Daniel was a bit confused. "We didn't send the damn thing. While I didn't and this guy here seems to be just as confused as you are." He stated to Tommy. He then shook his head. "Guessing you got one to?" He asked

10. Macaberz

"So you're the a-holes who think you can black mail me? Well lemme tell you something. You don't know who you're messing with. I'm a freaking Corleone!"

Rafael slowly turned around to see a rather angry looking boy walking up to them. He had black hear and was blasting some hippie music in his car. It was Corleone, Rafael had seen him before. "Total stoner this one" he whispered to Daniel. "Corleone huh, did anyone ever tell you that sounded like a brand of spaghetti?" Rafael remarked. Most hippies were far too stoned to get agressive so he wasn't really all that impressed by Corleone. He had heard that the guy had put some other kid in the garbage can one day but those were just rumors.

"So we are definitely breaking the 'come alone' rule now..." Rafael said "and honestly I don't have much time for this, my dad gets pissed if I get home late, especially with this" Rafael proudly showed a yellow slip of paper, it was a saturday detention card. "Talking in class" he explained.

11. Pheonix

Tommy

"So you two didn't send that email?" Tommy calmed down somewhat. "Then why are you here?" He ignored the spaghetti comment. He was hoping to make a big entrance, scare whoever it was messing with him off with a flashy display of power, and go on with his meaninless existence in peace without any distractions. But no, nothing was ever that simple, was it.

12. TheLeonard112

TheLeonard112 Sūpākūru Senpai

Luke Evergreen

I got a mysterious letter out of the mailbox when I got off the bus and went home. I thought it would be some type of extra cariculum activity. I put on my red t-shirt, black track pants, black and red tennis, and my black PeaCoat. I began to walk down the street to the school parking lot. And I saw a whole bunch of older looking students there also and I walked over to them.

"Hello everyone."

13. Macaberz

"So you two didn't send that email?"

"Nope. I think we are all in the same boat. Whoever sent that mail better have a good explanation." Rafael said. "Do you mind?" he asked as he began to lean against Tommy's car. Leaning was good. Mysterious black mailing e-mails were bad.

"Hello everyone."

Rafael frowned, another kid roughly his height came plodding over. "E-mail?" he asked, this was getting really strange.

14. Kingtype

Daniel shook his head. "Sorry but I'm not about to start trusting any of you." He stated calmly. He was about to speak but was shocked to see when a much younger kid walked up to them. "Alright what kinda sick fuck makes a kid like that come somewhere at night?" He asked his fellow older classmates. Daniel would have been convinced a pervert was behind this save for the emailer knowing about his power.

15. Pheonix

Tommy

"Do you mind?"

He did mind. That was an 80,000 dollar Porsche...

"Whatever." Was what he said though. It didn't really matter in the end, he supposed. He just wanted to get to the bottom of all this and go home... Well not home. His mother was there making sure that everything looked perfect. She was having a photoshoot there the next morning in hopes of landing a role the "Real Houswives of Philadelphia". So no, Tommy did not want to go home.

"Hello everyone."

"I already made the effort of caring once today. If you're the one who sent those emails, my uncle will beat the living s*** out of you and get your father fired from whatever job he's doing." He said all this perfectly deadpan. "If not, did you get an Email too?"

16. Kingtype

Daniel glared at Tommy. The guy was freaking annoying he kept screaming and throwing out threats. Daniel was sighed and started to speak. "Hey mister loud mouth. You'll wake the dame neighborhood with that wonderful voice of yours." He stated in a very sarcastic tone. Daniel was trying think of who could have sent these emails and Mister screams a lot wasn't helping.

17. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Dawn Garnet

Cold chills ran through her as she read the email on her phone for the third time that day. The email that told her to meet at the school parking lot and if she didn't...they'd reveal her secret.

Dawn sighed. Obviously this was Claire's doing. Why wouldn't that girl give up after two years? She hadn't meant to do it. She hadn't meant to rat her out like she did; but it had been too dangerous. Too much drama. Claire should be thankful the superintendent had even given her a second chance. Now the best friend she once had wanted her to feel as miserable as humanly possibly. What a life.

Dawn walked past the school garden, her cell cradled in the sweaty palm of her hand. If Claire had set something up, she'd call the school counselor. Since being in the office more than any other kid; sadly she had it memorized.

Her footsteps sounded on the pavement as she drew nearer, making out a few figures shadowed by the afternoon sun. Dawn cautiously walked closer, until she saw who they were. Jerking to a complete stop, she decided to keep her distance to a foot away.

Boys. Four of them. And, they did not look one bit happy.

Dawn casually slipped her phone in her back pocket, just in case they tried to break it. If they were involved with Claire, she couldn't be too careful.

"Uhh...umm...um...," She mumbled, her words not coming out like they were supposed to. "What's up?"

Dawn beamed, she had managed to blurt out a full two words! Ignoring the boy's unnerving stares, she gave a big smile with pride.

18. Kingtype

Daniel snorted as he saw the girl, he knew her. Well he didn't know her but she was one of the more famous faces around school. Daniel walked up to her he wasn't glaring at her but still had a very questioning look in his eyes. "Your Dawn Garret right?" He asked , knowing he was right. Daniel couldn't think of a reason why she would send emails to him and the others. Then again how did she know about his secret. "What do you know about the email we got?" He asked. Of course he could be wrong and she might just be here for some kind of private meeting with someone.

19. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

As one of the boys walked up to her, she tensed but didn't move an inch. Dawn wasn't one to run away from her problems, knowing they'd catch up with her soon enough.

"Your Dawn Garret right?" Garnet, not Garret. She thought, but didn't correct him. Anything to keep people from saying, "Doggone it, it's Dawn Garnet!" like they did back in elementary school. So humiliating.

"What do you know about the email we got?" The boy continued, drawing closer. Where's the pepper-spray when she needed it? Dawn crossed her arms, hugging herself to keep from shaking. So...they had gotten emails too. Claire must have got a middle-man for this one, bribing them all for a cause they didn't know much about. Dawn took a glimpse at the other boys. One was leaning against a car that looked a million dollars, another hipster guy looked pissed, and another shyly stood to the side.

They probably were her exes, everyone one of them. The angry dude in particular looked just her type.

Dawn stared back at the boy in front of her. Even with her assumptions, she still struggled to get her words out. She didn't talk to guys...like ever.

"I got an email threatening me. If you're here for me...yeah, she probably set you up. Um, what did your messages say?" Dawn put her right hand behind her back, ready to flick out her phone if necessary.

20. Macaberz

Rafael

"I got an email threatening me. If you're here for me...yeah, she probably set you up. Um, what did your messages say?"

"Mine said roughly the same" Rafael said casually "to me this looks like a very poorly executed prank but whatever" he was fine where he was and didn't bother to much with the newcomers that kept pouring in. He noted Tommy's annoyed face, glaring over to him from time to time.

"Oh, you do mind" Rafael said, smiling as he stepped away from the car. He was bored out of his mind, so he began to fold his detention card into a paper airplane.

21. Macaberz

ignore this double post.

22. Kingtype

Daniel shook his head. Jeez this chick was acting like he had the black death. He could see it in her eyes something that resembled fear and nervousness. Alright so that makes 5 people who got an email so far. "Who is she and why did she set us up? He asked. "And my message said to come alone or the sender will reveal a bit about me I don't want out in the open. But what about you huh? Your kinda famous around the school, what did your email say?" He asked curiously

23. Macaberz

Rafael

Rafael happily tossed his paper airplane into the air, he had a hunch why they were here and he was going to try if it was correct. He used push to control the airplane and made it fly, twist and turn in the air, longer than any paper airplane could on a windless day. Of course, he pretended not to notice and just happily watched his airplane whiz over the other kids heads before it flew back into his hand.

"Your kinda famous around the school, what did your email say?"

"Famous?" Rafael eyed the girl, he had never seen her. "Nope, doesn't ring a bell, sorry" he said as he displayed a cheeky smile.

24. Pheonix

Tommy

"This is the chick that Claire pays people to stay away from." Tommy said disinterestedly. He'd never really had any interest in any of the clics that formed in the school, but for some reason all the preppy losers, like Claire, wanted to be his friend. It never made sense to him what that chick had against this one though. Any time he started wondering, he stopped and reminded himself he didn't care. He was glad that the Rafael kid had gotten off his car. "So you got an email to? What the hell is going on here." He said. He wasn't angry anymore, just irritated. He wanted to get out of here, school was the last place he wanted to, ever. But especially not after hours.

"Anyone got any idea what this is about? Anyone?"

25. JessWrite

Dawn Garnet

"Who is she and why did she set us up? And my message said to come alone or the sender will reveal a bit about me I don't want out in the open. But what about you huh? Your kinda famous around the school, what did your email say?" The boy said.

Dawn looked down at her shoes, with a sigh. What a joke. Claire probably knew she'd be awkwardly standing around with four guys. Just what she wanted...

"Famous?" She looked up to see the guy by the car eyeing her. "Nope, doesn't ring a bell, sorry" He said as he displayed a cheeky smile.

Dawn cleared her parched throat, forcing out the words. "Yeah, I wouldn't call myself famous. I only draw attention for bad reasons." Because, you're a loser, a mutated freak, and no one likes you because you're a fake. Her thoughts taunted her and Dawn shook her head to get rid of them.

"This is the chick that Claire pays people to stay away from." Ouch. Dawn took a step back, recoiling from the truth. Most people knew Claire Beaumont who was the famous one, not her. Still the way the hipster dude had said it like that, completely rid him of all her respect. As she looked at him, his name finally came to her. Tommy. Now she remembered. She'd seen Claire with him a few times. For a second, she wondered why she'd never seen her with him again.

"So you got an email to? What the hell is going on here."

Dawn tilted her head. "I really don't know, but mine said something about secrets too...I wonder which one the sender wants to reveal." She had a hunch, but she had a lot of secrets. Most she'd only confided about with Claire. How stupid that had been.