The Starshade's Legacy: Last of the Imirri Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Keitsumah, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Bored.......

2. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

sorry I'm late back now

3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

wow guys amazing posts! :D I am so happy you all joined -this will make it even more interesting!

4. Exzalia

Still trying to figure out how best to jump in

5. Keitsumah

hmmm . . . have her come into the inn to stay there for a night and meet everyone?

Edit: I just got a slightly brutal critique on the first chapter of my actual novel in critiquecircle and now i have to go back and correct it. *determined look* I WILL make it better! :mad:

6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Hello!

Keit, criticism can be hard to take sometimes. I know the feeling.

And holy crap i just noticed your word count in your sig, thats incredible... :D I'd love to read some of it sometime.

7. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    Well i'm gonna join. It's time a shifter joined the game anyway :p Say hello to Perrin

Template for Shifter Character:

Name: Perrin

Appearance (When human): He's lean and tall, his dark hair hanging down into his face, without him bothering too much.

Appearance (When wolf): He's a coal black wolf. Not so strong in comparison to his kind. he has long legs, perfect for running long distances really fast.

Short Biography: He's always been fast. Because of that he lost his best friend. (you'll figure it out) He blames himself, and need something to do at all times to keep his mind occupied.

Tool/Weapon: He carries a bow and some arrows. Though he prefers not to fight.

8. Keitsumah

nice Pepper -and Pheonix if you PM me your e-mail i could send oyu the first couple of chapters. ive been working on this book since like . . . two years ago? three? and its not even near finished yet and its only the first book of a trilogy! (i think im going to put it in as epic fantasy)

9. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Template for Human Character:
    Name: Tim Walkers
    Appearance: Stands about 4'7 tall. Has half short hair that hovers just above his brow on his forehead. He has dark brown eyes and a slightly pale skin with an almost constant, slight red blush to it, from the biting cold. He has a small nose and thin lips. His brows are thin and tinted a light brown. He wears a rough, green tunic with a ragged jacket over it. He wears worn out three-quarter pants and walks on the remains of two oversized shoes. Last, but not least, he also wears a gray cap on top of his head, which is practically the only thing keeping him warm.
    Main Tool/Weapon: dagger.
    Special Weapon: Gemstone dagger
    Guardian Name, Appearance, and Asset: *none.
    Short Biography: Tim Walkers is an orphan. His father died of a disease before he was born and his mother died of birthing him. At the time of his birth, circumstances were already abysmal, especially for a woman with no property or money. He was taken in by a very rich gentleman as a servant. At the time of his arrival he has just fled his abusive patron and his been walking alone, out in the cold for three consecutive days.

Note: Tim has a fair amount of backstory but I feel its much better to develop and veal that as we go than to sum it all up here. All the bare essentials are written down above.

image:

10. Kingtype

@Macaberz: Abuse? Abuse of a child nonetheless!!!! Where is that rich bastard!!!!!??? I'M A KILL HIM DEAD!!! POUND HIS UGLY RICH FACE IN!!!

Words of Wallace

11. Keitsumah

oh yeah just so you guys know i am basign this mainly on the chapters in my book -both chapter 1 and 2 are in play right now depending on what time they are happening. pretty simple.

12. Macaberz

Yup. I am going to try very hard to tug at your heartstrings. I am confident Wallace isnt the only one who has a soft spot for helpless children. You will figure out what I mean by abuse soon enough.

Oh and isnt killing someone dead, overkill? Pun totally intended.

13. Kingtype

@Mac: Yes...yes it overkill.......

14. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

@Mac, if you want me to change anything in my post, just let me know! I would have PMed you, but you aren't here, so... yeah... :redface:

15. Macaberz

No it's perfect ;) just what I was hoping for in fact.

16. Keitsumah

oh yeah i have a four-day weekend (should be happy but im not) so this might slow down the RPG until im back at school with more access to computers -oh and i caught the flu so this is a GREAT day *sarcasm*

17. NRed

NRed New Member

Template for Human Character
    Name: Kar Ragaana

Appearance:
    l
    nominal dimensions:1.85m/85kg Ripped Ear, scarring, Muscula

Visual description: His eyes are gray and cold seeming to see nothing but observing everything. Three long scars starting at the left Temple reach back to where his left ear should have been. He conceals his face behind a monstrous skull with ancient ruins scratched into it, staring out from the beasts maw. The series of pelts of varying animals sewn together covering him with straps of leather bound tightly around him. Animal pelt are stained with dried blood of his foes and his own. An ancient iron short sword scarred, hanging beside the sword yellowed and cracked human skull. A back cloak made of short corsair with the same archaic symbols painted in blue and the soft underside of the cloak. Slunk from his back was a wooden shield bound in leather with metal a rim. The leather was scarred and punctured with holes.

Main Tool/Weapon: At his side was an iron short sword the was ancient, scarred and blackened from each time it was re-forged. Slunk from his back was a wooden shield bound in leather with metal a rim. The leather was scarred and punctured with holes.

Special Weapon: none

Guardian Name, Appearance, and Asset: all magic creatures are evil and will bring misfortune.

Short Biography:
    Background information: In the legends the time before the great war when the world was said to be green Ragaana clan was known as barbarians and savages people. Living in the northern wastelands, where no could survive the frozen. waste yet they survived. There life's were off in short and brutal rarely living beyond age of 30. From the moment the born the trade to kill. At the age of 14 the boys were sent to prove their worthy to join the clan, there is only one beast that is a worthy trophy Ragaana a shifter. If they were successful they return with a shifter remains to present it to the shaman. Where he would return the creature to its beast you'll form the claim the trophy.

When the world froze the northern waste became uninhabitable even for them. A few who were savage and barbaric acts deemed unspeakable by them. They were forced to abandon their homes and become nomads. They never recovered they were reduced to stealing stores and moving to the shadows. They blamed the shifters any unfortunate to come up upon the remnants met the most unfortunate demise.
    Biography: Kar there were only six Ragaana remaining. The chieftain Wrax was his father, Marlla and Grisha were Wrax wife, Ultha the shaman and two older siblings who never received their names. He could remember his mother no one would speak of her before he received his name his father was killed by shifter. Marlla and Grisha abandoned him when Wrax. Ultha raised him and taught him their ways. Ever since he can remember he can recall Ultha telling him that he would be the last and greatest chieftain. His youth was spent tracking and hunting shifters. Kar's right passage declared the no ordinary shifter would do only the black pelts would be worthy of the last chieftain. He spent six months outside the shifters fortress tracking and waiting for the moment to strike. He was nearly killed by the beast left a mark upon his face. The following year Ultha died from an illness suddenly. For eight days he mourned the eight he took Ultha and and left. The next four years continued to hunt and kill shifters without mercy or prejudiced.

other: Superstitions/beliefs:

Dirt Ward: Bathing allows spirits to smell you out. You must keep a protective layer of grime to ward their bad luck away.

Unlucky Colour: Orange is the colour of disaster and death.

Hunter’s Oath: Never eat something you could not kill yourself lest fate punish you for your arrogance.

Thirsty Blade: The spirit of your weapon is a hungry ghost. It must taste blood every time it is drawn lest great ill befall you and yours.

Spirit Shackle: If you take a trophy from a vanquished foe, you own their soul.

Warrior Death: A glorious death honours your people, whilst a coward’s death shames them. Your ancestors are watching; do not disappoint.

Power of Names: Never use the true names of your friends and loved ones, lest daemons hear and use them for evil.

Lonely Dead: Never utter the names of the dead, lest you summon them back from the void.

Living Record: Scar your victories into your skin, so that upon your death your flayed hide may read of your deeds.

Nemesis: somewhere out there is the beast that will kill you. Your fate is to seek out this creature and face it head on. Until that time, you believe that will harm you.

death oath: dying well indebted to a mystic (Imirri) allows him to claim your soul as payment.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Appreciate any constructive criticism.

18. Macaberz

That is one of the most extensive char sheets I have seen, well done nred. Did you sent it over PM to Keitsumah as well? She is the gamemaster and needs to approve your cs first. I am asking because I saw that this was your first post. You can pm someone by clickin on their name then, click on private message.

19. Keitsumah

dw i approved -its his first RPG and i'm going to say he is doing marvelously :D

20. Exzalia

ahhh I remeber my first character sheet, it was Magnolia and boy did I write a lot.

nice sheet Nred and welcome :)

21. Macaberz

Its always a bunch of misfits though, these groups in rps. I guess that s exactly what makes it interesting but you know, I kinda just figured it out just now (yea. I Am late to the party like that).

22. NRed

NRed New Member

Additionally my character may be slightly suffering from extreme insanity.

23. Kingtype

@NRed: That's cool my dude is a shifter who thinks he is human, is a nice guy to but is prone to violent outbursts.

I have even have names for the levels of pissed off he gets. :D

24. Pepper1

Pepper1 Active Member

A land far far away, in a time long forgotten.
    So keitsumah. Is there a place for Perrin to find a medic?

25. Macaberz

Ignore this. It said something pretty retarted, result of a misunderstanding on my part. But I think there is no harm done.