1. Manutebecker

Manutebecker New Member

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Manutebecker, Apr 30, 2009.

This is one of the biggest "must-reads" I can recommend. I finished it about an hour ago and was just rattled. Such a vivid adventure, so well written (took the author ten years to write it) and so much moral perspective. I've read a lot of books and I'd have to say this is in the top five!

2. arron89

arron89 Banned

Yeah it is an amazing book. Made all the more better by the fact that it manages to adapt Shakespeare well. As opposed to John Marsden, a pretty famous and respected Australian author who crapped out a very faithful novelisation of Shakespeare's Macbeth, changing nothing, doing nothing original, simply to get some money. That said, at the bookshop I work at we haven't sold a single copy (whereas Edgar Sawtelle has sold out a couple of times, I thnk thanks to Oprah).

3. arron89

arron89 Banned

Oh, and if you liked it, read Middlesex by Jeffrey Euginides. They share a few similarities, and theyre both among the best books ive ever read.