1. Marcelo

Marcelo Member

What to Read

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Marcelo, May 24, 2008.

Hello! Please recommend me some books, I'll post the books I have on my shelf so far, so you can know what type of books I like:

Song of Ice and Fire
    Lord of the Rings
    Chronicles of Narnia
    Harry Potter
    Inheritance Cycle
    Septimus Heap
    Artemis Fowl
    Runemarks
    Drizzt Do'Urden (almost all his books)

Hope you answer soon!

2. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Marcelo, your definitely into the old-school medieval or high elf fantasy thing. You would die if you ever got into Warhammer. You'd probably need to know a little bit about the table-top game the books are based on, but it is hands down gorgeous. A good place to start would be:

Mark of Chaos by Anthony Reynolds, its basically from a half good guy/ half bad guy perspective, where it shows both the villain and hero's rise to power (Villain and hero are two different people). Hell of a good novel, highly recommended.

Also from the Warhammer setting is the Malus Darkblade series (Basically take Drizzt and turn him completely evil with red and black colors and you have the main character). Who is a Dark Elf who needs to find five secret artifacts or lose his soul to a demon!

Hope this helps a bit :D