The Works of H. P. Lovecraft

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by 8Bit Bob, Oct 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. 8Bit Bob

8Bit Bob Here ;) Contributor

Really? I can't believe I never noticed that! :D

jim onion likes this.
  2. jim onion

jim onion New Member

Yeah, this video goes very in depth into that quest. His narrating can be annoyingly cheesy, and as cringe-inducing as downing a whole glass of vodka in one go, but still informative and interesting nonetheless.

There are spoilers though, just so you're aware.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    8Bit Bob likes this.
  3. X Equestris

X Equestris Contributor Contributor

I came across "The Challenge from Beyond" today near the end of my complete collection of Lovecraft's work. It's a five way round robin of some of the era's pulp heavyweights: CL Moore, A. Merritt, Lovecraft, Robert E Howard, and Frank Belknap Long. Lovecraft's section is about as long as all the others put together.

A really entertaining story, though not because it was particularly great or anything. The main draw was the contrast of styles. Especially the character whiplash of going from Lovecraft to Howard. Actually kinda funny, in an absurd sort of way. And props to Long for managing to forge a coherent ending out of it.

For fans of "The Shadow out of Time", the Yith also make a significant cameo.

Night Herald and srwilson like this.