1. ToxicDeadlyMP

ToxicDeadlyMP New Member

The World of Three 'Progress' Journal 2

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by ToxicDeadlyMP, Jun 23, 2017.

Hello Everyone, for those that have not seen my journals follow this link to my first journal, it goes over my story and what I'm doing.
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/the-world-of-three-progress-journal.151220/

All of the stories will consist of three books, each book will be based around a single obstacle the main character has to pass. There are three total obstacles the character has to pass in order for the story to finish, and for another story to start anew. I designed this Book of Three book series so that each story can be as diverse as I can image, yet still be connected. Infinite amounts of possibilities. Even though the endings are all connected, there are still different endings to each story.

After moving to Grand Junction, finding a new job and settling into a temporary location I AM NOW BACK. Recently I've been reading a lot of manga in order to get more ideas and inspirations as to how and what I should fill in the blanks of my story with. There is alot of detail, story background, and character background because I want the reader to immerse themselves into my world. I want them to know everything as if they were a part of this adventure. But more importantly I want them to connect with the characters, to know that the decisions and actions they take is because of the things they have gone through. I never started this huge project on a whim. Nor did I start writing without a plan. I started with the idea of a knight/king taking down a giant mountain sized rock titan and expanded this idea's world. After a good two years of writing down random notes, ideas, items, plants, characters, weapons, locations, and story events I started to make the story line. Which got upgraded to the really detailed story line I'm currently writing on my bedroom wall for the first book.

This is what I have come up with after a few weeks of reading manga and getting inspiration.

Current progress made:
    For starters one of the group's characters dies in the story, I already made it so that in the end of the first book the main character, Hayben has a dream of future event that will happen in the second book. I used this and made Hayben have a dream of someone in their group dying several chapters ahead of the actual death. We don't know who dies but we know someone close dies, we are made to think its someone else in the group by confusing hints. Main characters got a new pet! To add a little comic relief aside from Hydrad's nonsense, Didren uses some information from The Book of Orbesh(an ancient journal of a great hero) and new information obtained from Gedrells scrolls(scriptures of ancient technology collected by Gedrell who was an old scripturist) to modify the crystal symbolic 'code' on a stone Keeper they encounter(A stone Keeper is basically a golem whose task is to protect and defend rather than attack and destroy). Instead of the stone Keeper protecting ruins, it now protects the group. The Keeper is capable of hiding by breaking down into a pile of rocks and stone. Keeper and Hydrad always get into little fights because Keeper likes to annoy Hydrad, he makes it too easy. Hydrad was also the one in charge of pulling the Keeper in a cart as a pile of rocks as to not bring attention to them while traveling in and near other people. Keeper isn't effected by Hayben's death because he is, after all, an inanimate object created with code. New side cha racter, Bandit leader(not named yet). Tyred gets ambushed by a small group of bandits, the leader wears leather amour he claims he stole from a crate that fell off a transport after they spooked the horses. They challenge Tyred(who is a ridiculously huge and strong guy) in order to take him down and steal his stuff. Tyred obviously makes quick work of them, knocking them out almost instantly. When they come to they are given the choice to flee which of course they all take, except for the leader. The leader decides to join them on their journey for unknown reasons. In exchange for joining their group he gives them information about the Gargathians(people of savages/warriors like the vikings). Later the Bandit leader leaves their group in order to group up with his old bandit buddies. Later they learn that the group of bandits were all killed at the hands of a stone keeper because they were trying to find treasure in ruins the way Hayben's group was looking through ruins for information and items. Hayben's Story new ending, Hayben figures out a loop hole in the rules of the universe, instead of simply creating a single world to continue the cycle of The Book of Three, Hayben makes a multiverse copy of his current home world, and also makes the new world of Three. In the multiverse world Hayben and everyone happily lives. Figured why not end it nicely, since this story has a bit of death and tragedy.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. ToxicDeadlyMP

ToxicDeadlyMP New Member

Edit Note: "Keeper isn't effected by Hayben's death..."

It's Hydrad that Dies, Not Hayben.