1. ToxicDeadlyMP

ToxicDeadlyMP New Member

The World of Three 'Progress' Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by ToxicDeadlyMP, Mar 11, 2017.

Compared to what I have worked in the past I have been making significant progress for the first book in the endless series. I say endless because the idea, or core theme of the book can be expanded into countless stories, tales, and fantasies. I know this is a lot of information, its my first progression so I want to give everyone what I can so that they can keep up with the progress made. Feel free to skip to current progress made.

Quick catch up of the project and the series:
    Everything in this series revolves around three separate artifacts. These artifacts are scattered around the world and can only be obtained after passing hardships, and trials. Each object gets harder to obtain as the characters progress. Once all three artifacts have been found, they are combined to create a device. This device bestows upon its user the power of everything, essentially turning the user into a god. Once the user has become this entity they are given the duty of recreating the cycle in a different reality. The new god will create his/her very own planet in which any way they see fit. The only condition given is that in this new world, there must be three artifacts that can be combined to create a new god, and there must be a intelligent species that has to pass trials and hardships in order to obtain these artifacts.
    (the gods do have specific limitations to keep the cycle successfully going, like being unable to manipulate or guide the species they created towards finding the artifacts, being unable to interfere in any way with the world they create, ect. This keeps the stories revolved around the characters own decisions)

Each story, or planet, is going to be three books long, one book per artifact found. I'm working on the first book of the first planet. This planet is medieval aged themed mixed with fantasy. The three trials they face are elemental Titans/Guardians. The Myrtil Titan, a volcanic titan(no name yet), and an elemental crystal drake (no name yet). The hardships they will face are very real things like death, self doubt, loss, betrayal, and progression.

First Story:
    The first world revolves around Hayben, a laborer turned knight, turned king. His closest friend Didren, a prince, turned Orphan, turned mercenary (not sure what his next progression will be yet). Hayben's friend Tyred, a family man, turned knight, turned knight instructor. Those are the important characters. Aside from the artifacts and the titans (The Myrtil Titan, a volcanic titan(no name yet), and an elemental crystal drake (no name yet)) There exists powerful crystals that emit energy. These crystals were used as a source of power by an ancient civilization that has long been extinct, its technology lost. The Titans and the drake were created by the ancient civilization using the crystals energy. The only technology that survived from the ancients are weapons. Four experimental weapons that were created by the ancients. These weapons are paired with specific capes. I'll add details on the capes and weapons separate.

Symbols, Hieroglyphs, energy:
    everything the ancients created from small golems, to titans, capes, and swords are powered by a green crystal that emits energy. This energy is used by being used to engrave, crushed into powder, or used as a whole. Inanimate objects like the golems and titans are created by engraving specific hieroglyphs into the stone using the crystals. Each symbol represents a specific command for that inanimate object. Destroying or heavily damaging the energy symbols will cut the link of power, like turning off a switch to a circuit board.

Capes:
    The capes are created out of the strongest silk on earth, which is created by an insect that is now extinct.
    This special silk has the ability to be combined with other materials. The crystals containing energy are crushed into fine dust and combined with the silk. The crest on the cape is what drives the entire weapon. It gives the specific commands for transferring the crystals power into the human body to be used as an enhancement, and it also commands the power and ability of the weapon itself. Each cape and weapon has its own special attributes. The cape of strength gives him a massive boost to his body strength, an example would be that condensed adrenaline is like sparkling water compared to the energy. The energy on his sword gives it attributes that I haven't decided on yet, like additional impact chock and such. The cape of Agility which is how he assisted Hayben in defeating the Myrtil Titan. The other is a cape that enhances the owners senses to the absolute limit, sight, sound, touch, taste, pressure, smell, pain, equilibrioception, tension, proprioception, everything.

Current progress made:
    I built my own whiteboard on my wall to make things less complex for the story line. drawing notes, adding and removing sticky notes is incredibly helpful. I was thinking of things that would make Didren turn down his fathers crown and instead give it to Hayben. Hayben gets the crown but his rule isn't accepted by the kingdom until after he defeats the first titan, the Myrtil Titan. Originally the main cause for Didren's refusal of kingship was due to the deaths of three side characters, one being a friend. But something like that wouldn't make someone refuse the crown to the most powerful kingdom on the planet. I came up with something more personal, more tragic. Hydrad, a map maker that died in Didren's hands was already his friend, but it isn't revealed until he learns of his fathers past that Hydrad was in fact the best friend he had growing up in the orphanage. Didren believed he had died along with everyone else when the orphanage was destroyed. After Hydrad survived the disaster he changed his name, he knew who Didren was but never said anything because he knew Didren would be more concerned over his dear friend then the important quest of finding the artifacts. You can basically imagine Didren's absolute heartbreak over learning this after Hydrads death. Now I can focus on creating the events between Hayben and Didren's first encounter, to Hayben's crowning. Actually just decided to add a Haybens encounter with his sword and cape of strength into the synopsis

View my first forum post for additional info:
    https://www.writingforums.org/threads/main-character-becomes-king-how-would-you-like-to-see-this-progress.150707/#post-1530051

Story Prologue:

Shouts break the silence across the scorched land as the battle wages on, the ground shakes, tearing down ancient remnants from the last great war. The ground starts to shatter on the southwest cracked plains, as the ground gives way to an immense shock, a giant earth-like arm slams the earth below causing the already shattered plains to collapse creating a giant rift splitting the land near the battlefield. As a giant earth splitting roar crosses the land, the creature rises from the ground revealing arms encrusted with stone, as it uses force to push its way out of the earth its arms grow in mass. Dark Myrtle green crystals protrude from the stone giants back, as the beast comes to full view the raging war suddenly stops, everyone suddenly becomes aware of the impending danger. As the giant destroys its way out of the crater it created the battlefield turns into chaos. Everyone frantically tries to escape the giant known by legend, tripping each other in order to get ahead; others deliberately take weapons and armor dropped by the terrified warriors. Before anyone flees past the nearside hills, the beast heaves a giant boulder across the plains landing on top of several horsemen, the boulder Shatters upon impact shooting shards in every direction. Flying through the air, the shards impale a couple dozen fleeing warriors. As another roar travels through the plains, several boulders are thrown creating a ring like boarder around the battlefield. Completely sealed in, the warriors of the Aincaad regiment prepare to stage an attack on the Myrtle Chrystal Giant. Hayben looks towards the titan and spots a sword thrusted into the ground. The giant blade, the size of a man, glows softly with power. A large cape bearing an ancient glowing crest is wrapped tightly around its handle. The power emanating from the cape is calling its new owner. Hayben forgets the soldiers dying all around him and takes a step forward.

attached is an image of the 3D model I made for my college project. The Myrtle Titan third design

Attached Files:

Dracon likes this.
  2. Dracon

Dracon Contributor Contributor

Sounds like you are in it for the long haul and you have a very complex story to plan. How do you plan on continuing all these cycles without it becoming repetitive reading? The setting and characters might change, but the end result the same. Good luck to you!

3. ToxicDeadlyMP

ToxicDeadlyMP New Member

Great point, I'll have to come up with a way of ending each one differently to keep things new