1. Em Coci

Em Coci New Member

The Writers Block Club

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Em Coci, Aug 8, 2017.

I dunno about you guys, but I have been absolutely swamped with writers block lately. I think having no friends to brainstorm with is hurting my creativity.

Would anyone be interested in starting a "club", so to speak, for brainstorming? We could all toss ideas around and assist one another in forming plots. Maybe share prompts with each other or anything else we find to be inspiring. We could critique each other's characters and concepts. So on and so forth.

Essentially, I want us to be able to form a friendship and chit chat about story ideas. It'll be like a support group for writers and it'd really get the creative juices flowing! If anyone would be interested in this, let me know! :)

2. TheNineMagi

TheNineMagi take a moment to vote

first off welcome to the forums :)

I'm in and can use this brainstorming from time to time. Quite a few people here just put up a thread with a quick scenario and ask for help. The members here are constructive, but you would need to give them something to work off of to provide feedback.

If you look around you will see quite a few threads seeking help on plots, and characters.

You also have the story contests; you can use these to prime the creative writing engine up with who knows you might win a few. The contest forums also have a decent set prompts, and archived stories to draw inspiration.

Warning though you will be up against some pretty fierce competition.
    -------------------------------------
    Starting from a blank page and collaborating could be fun. Sort of like a mini set of round robin short stories. If you still want to go down this route after looking around some let me know I would be happy to help.